IGNORED

The one where Cabinetboy closes up shop

Koala

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And it really really wouldn't surprise me if this dream utopia of his involved polygamy. Well, polygyny, actually. I get that vibe from him.

Agreed. I've read where he has mentioned it twice. With his need for lots of sex, multiple wives could slay the lust dragon with one fell swoop. Who knows when God might "reveal" this to him? How convenient that would be!

In Alaska, he could set up his own polygamist cult that is more Christian than FLDS. Maybe it will be known as Drawerstown.

Back to the part about the IFB haven't unqualified pastors. Cabinetman said in the comments he goes to a Lutheran church.

In Alaska, he could set up his own polygamist cult that is more Christian than FLDS. Maybe it will be known as Drawerstown.

I think of the Hale debacle. Of course I don't think L. Ron Cupboard (brilliant) is charismatic enough to pull it off for long.

Back to the part about the IFB haven't unqualified pastors. Cabinetman said in the comments he goes to a Lutheran church.

That was last Sunday. Things change quickly in CM's accelerated world.

I think of the Hale debacle. Of course I don't think L. Ron Cupboard (brilliant) is charismatic enough to pull it off for long.

I can certainly see him doing a Papa Pilgrim (Hale) and taking his wife and kids into the middle of nowhere so he could abuse them just as he chose and convince them that it was normal - especially if he could take along a new young wife to bear him a dozen or so children/followers.

I would love to know what the people in his church think of him. If they have read his blog and what they think of it. I can't imagine a mainstream denomination like that supporting him, even the more conservative synods.

As EmiGirl said, you are using logic.

I think part of that logic is your figuring that the population of people who post on FJ is no more likely to contain nefarious types than any other cross section of humanity.

The information was out there, because they put it out there, for years - anyone could have read it at any time. Somehow, the wide world that reads the World Wide Web was something they didn't fear.

But this subset of that world does scare him (or, he is pretending it does for reasons of his own). I think he is saying that the problem is not that we leaked the information, but that the information was "leaked" to us -- I think his claim is that we are the evil people he fears more than anyone else.

If his fear is sincere (which I doubt), it's probably just another symptom of his bias -- a belief that anyone who doesn't believe as he does is not just different, but dangerous.

Actually, I am probably the one person that doesn't underestimate this re: the bolded. However, I don't plan to pick up and move anytime soon because I realize that it doesn't matter if I do. If someone really wants to find me, they are going to. I certainly wouldn't publicize where I was moving to, either ;)

I try to point this out on occasion that FJ is a PUBLIC site (for the most part) and that *anyone* can be reading what is written here. We do have certain sections that are not viewable by the public, but we have members that have proven they don't respect the rules/ToU here. If we verify who they are, we take action, but that is not always possible.

I also think that statistically speaking there is more to fear from CM's own subset of the population than ours. You don't hear about too many feminists openly carrying guns into Chipolte just because then can, for example.

As someone that has actually had things done to them that CM says happened to him and has an ongoing, dedicated cyber-stalker, I find his actions weak and childish and not in the least bit manly. Then I don't have anything to hide so maybe that's why I don't feel the need to run away under cover of night :wink-kitty:

I meant to add in my last post that you can now be "Moving to Alaska" and a "Great Whore of Babylon."

If someone can figure out how to work L.Ron Cupboard into a post title I think we should use that. It's fucking brilliant!

I meant to add in my last post that you can now be "Moving to Alaska" and a "Great Whore of Babylon."

If someone can figure out how to work L.Ron Cupboard into a post title I think we should use that. It's fucking brilliant!

"Following L. Ron Cupboard"?

But he did say they'd gone to churches of different denominations.

Regarding his being a pastor. I don't buy it, especially with the implication that he was a full-time pastor. I've got some experience with what the job market for pastors looks like in the general region of the US he hails from. I've never heard of a full-time lead pastor being hired without at least a Bible college degree, usually an accredited one. I was involved in a denomination set up a lot like IFB in regards to the churches running independently with no governing structure to hold them accountable (Church of Christ/Christian Church [not to be confused with the United Church of Christ-- a far more liberal denomination from the same religious movement]). Hiring someone as a lead pastor with one year of Bible college just didn't happen.

I can't imagine he'd ever be in that position except maybe in a VERY small church in a VERY small town where there were no other options. And if that's the case, he probably wasn't paid well/at all. The thing about tiny churches in tiny towns is that they often can't support themselves financially.

I don't know what his role in the church was, but I call bullshit on being an on-staff pastor for not just one but THREE churches.

Polishing the L. Ron Cupboard (like a Maxwell)?

You mean "stalking"? :P

Done!

Actually, I am probably the one person that doesn't underestimate this re: the bolded. However, I don't plan to pick up and move anytime soon because I realize that it doesn't matter if I do. If someone really wants to find me, they are going to. I certainly wouldn't publicize where I was moving to, either ;)

I try to point this out on occasion that FJ is a PUBLIC site (for the most part) and that *anyone* can be reading what is written here. We do have certain sections that are not viewable by the public, but we have members that have proven they don't respect the rules/ToU here. If we verify who they are, we take action, but that is not always possible.

I also think that statistically speaking there is more to fear from CM's own subset of the population than ours. You don't hear about too many feminists openly carrying guns into Chipolte just because then can, for example.

As someone that has actually had things done to them that CM says happened to him and has an ongoing, dedicated cyber-stalker, I find his actions weak and childish and not in the least bit manly. Then I don't have anything to hide so maybe that's why I don't feel the need to run away under cover of night :wink-kitty:

Re: the bolded -- oh, I know that you have experienced some nastiness from FJ folks. Even knowing that, you are still logical enough to know that FJers are not, statistically, likely to be more dangerous than the general population, to whom CM had already broadcast all of the information.

What you said in your original post did sound like you thought the big issue for L. Ron Cupboard is that we somehow disseminated previously unavailable information to the general public, not that we were the threat, unless I misinterpreted (or -- gasp! -- misrepresented!).

Re: the red -- yeah, it's always ironic when these rage-y, gun-loving, bigoted types get all worked up about some women knowing something about them. :roll:

Speaking of FJ nastiness... I've seen references to Alecto-gate (I'm assuming that is what is being referenced?), and I know some of the basics... is there a good thread that covers what went on or an explanation about the whole mess?

I feel a little weird asking because I know it personally affected people on this forum more than other "historical events" did, buuuut... well, I want to say that I'm really curious, but that would just be a really bad accidental pun. :P

What you said in your original post did sound like you thought the big issue for L. Ron Cupboard is that we somehow disseminated previously unavailable information to the general public, not that we were the threat, unless I misinterpreted (or -- gasp! -- misrepresented!).

Re: the red -- yeah, it's always ironic when these rage-y, gun-loving, bigoted types get all worked up about some women knowing something about them. :roll:

I'm not sure what I was trying to convey really, which is probably part of the problem because I don't understand what LRC's problem is. I think I was trying to figure out WHAT exactly his problem is.

If his problem is us (specifically FJ the forum vs the people) which is what it seems like to me with all his "that group posted this and that and everything under the sun" it made it seem like WE posted the information HERE and that was why she had to take the blog down. He only seemed to whine about information we posted actually ON FJ, even though most of what he said we posted here we really didn't, but that's a whole other issue (read: libel).

So I was (am) still having trouble putting 2 + 2 together and getting 4 on this whole blog issue I guess. I think the first answer of trying to apply logic to anything he does is probably right :)

Speaking of FJ nastiness... I've seen references to Alecto-gate (I'm assuming that is what is being referenced?), and I know some of the basics... is there a good thread that covers what went on or an explanation about the whole mess?

I feel a little weird asking because I know it personally affected people on this forum more than other "historical events" did, buuuut... well, I want to say that I'm really curious, but that would just be a really bad accidental pun. :P

The incident we are referring to is not Alecto-gate, but what I tend to call the "Anti-Fj Blog Brouhaha"

Reader's Digest versions:

Alecto-gate is when it was discovered that the previous owner was not being truthful about the sites finances and turned the site over to me. You can find information about that in the Transition Archive here: viewforum.php?f=22

The Anti-FJ Blog Brouhaha- basically started out when a butthurt troll (HGR or Homegirl Ruby, who we refer to once in a while still) became obsessed with figuring out my identity and ended with my outing by former friends who had been members of FJ and a handful of "hate blogs" that were set up to say vile things about me and several other members. None of them lasted very long due to the really...aggressive nature of the content. I think those threads are probably still in Wide World of Snark or possibly the FJ history forum.

If you have further questions, I don't have problems with discussions on either of these things, as they are part of our history, but would prefer they take place in community discussion rather than snark :)

Send an SOS if you need a rescue ferret :wink-kitty:

The incident we are referring to is not Alecto-gate, but what I tend to call the "Anti-Fj Blog Brouhaha"

Reader's Digest versions:

Alecto-gate is when it was discovered that the previous owner was not being truthful about the sites finances and turned the site over to me. You can find information about that in the Transition Archive here: viewforum.php?f=22

The Anti-FJ Blog Brouhaha- basically started out when a butthurt troll (HGR or Homegirl Ruby, who we refer to once in a while still) became obsessed with figuring out my identity and ended with my outing by former friends who had been members of FJ and a handful of "hate blogs" that were set up to say vile things about me and several other members. None of them lasted very long due to the really...aggressive nature of the content. I think those threads are probably still in Wide World of Snark or possibly the FJ history forum.

If you have further questions, I don't have problems with discussions on either of these things, as they are part of our history, but would prefer they take place in community discussion rather than snark :)

Send an SOS if you need a rescue ferret :wink-kitty:

Thanks! Now I need to read all of this stuff as fast as I can while managing to not lose my job. :P

I'm not sure what I was trying to convey really, which is probably part of the problem because I don't understand what LRC's problem is. I think I was trying to figure out WHAT exactly his problem is.

If his problem is us (specifically FJ the forum vs the people) which is what it seems like to me with all his "that group posted this and that and everything under the sun" it made it seem like WE posted the information HERE and that was why she had to take the blog down. He only seemed to whine about information we posted actually ON FJ, even though most of what he said we posted here we really didn't, but that's a whole other issue (read: libel).

So I was (am) still having trouble putting 2 + 2 together and getting 4 on this whole blog issue I guess. I think the first answer of trying to apply logic to anything he does is probably right :)

Re: the red -- ah, I see. I never went to his blog, so I didn't realize he was claiming to be all freaked out about our posting things. I thought his concern is that we were actually, physically coming to get him (dun DUN DUN).

Not that it couldn't be both, depending on his mood of the moment. I think CM is a flailer -- he flails himself about, alternately freaking out and raging about whatever strikes him at the moment.

He strikes me as the kind of guy who would ream out a family member one day for not taking out the trash, another day for taking it out before it was totally full, another day for not using the bag he prefers, another day for using the bag he said he preferred, but now he's changed his mind and didn't tell anyone, etc.

He just needs something about which to be outraged, controlling and feeling that he is the only one who is right.

It would be funny, if he didn't have a wife and children.

Re: the red -- ah, I see. I never went to his blog, so I didn't realize he was claiming to be all freaked out about our posting things. I thought his concern is that we were actually, physically coming to get him (dun DUN DUN).

Not that it couldn't be both, depending on his mood of the moment. I think CM is a flailer -- he flails himself about, alternately freaking out and raging about whatever strikes him at the moment.

He strikes me as the kind of guy who would ream out a family member one day for not taking out the trash, another day for taking it out before it was totally full, another day for not using the bag he prefers, another day for using the bag he said he preferred, but now he's changed his mind and didn't tell anyone, etc.

He just needs something about which to be outraged, controlling and feeling that he is the only one who is right.

It would be funny, if he didn't have a wife and children.

I think you've nailed it. The bolded is a spot on description of techniques used by a controlling abusive personality.

The only thing upsetting me about L. Ron Cupboard's flounce is realizing that the wife and children are real not just figments of his diseased imagination. I had hoped that they were the latter.

To step back a few pages to the Pastor discussion -- as far as I can tell anyone (including me) can hang out a shingle and call themselves a pastor. So don't get too hung up on this claim of CM's.

pas·tor (pstr) n.

1. A Christian minister or priest having spiritual charge over a congregation or other group.

2. A layperson having spiritual charge over a person or group

3. A shepherd.

So CM could have sent a year or 3 as an unemployed "pastor" having spiritual change over his wife and desperately trying to turn gain spiritual charge over other people

Of course, if you want to actually do legal stuff like marry people or get non-profit status then you have to be a legally ordained minister. That is just a click of the mouse away. I like this organization myself: themonastery.org/ordination :twisted:

They claim that their credentials are rarely challenged in practice and it's even free! They make their money by selling you "letters of good standing," packets of sermons, and advice on setting up your home or store-front church.

Only in America!

I seriously considered getting ordained a couple of years ago, just to see whether I could. It would also really piss off my religious lay-preacher brother if his atheist sister becomes an ordained minister, but that was an unworthy thought. :P

There are lots of slightly more legitimate ways out there to get ordained with no Church affiliation. It's just a question of how much you want to spend and whether or not you want any educational component at all . . . Christian, Berean, Interfaith, Humanist and so on all offer courses and ordination on line.

Edit: broke link

I think you've nailed it. The bolded is a spot on description of techniques used by a controlling abusive personality.

Yep.

I can't quite decide if CM is a controlling abuser who hadn't previously figured out that, if you put something in writing or on the Internet, it's not as easy to flip-flop, or just a disorganized mess. For his family's sake, I hope it's the latter.

Either way, his shutting down their online presence and (maybe) moving away is frightening for that poor woman and those children.

He didn't seem to realize that the Internet makes lying and gaslighting especially hard. You can't very well say "I never said that" if there is proof that you did.

When all of the "Paulas" saw you take the little picture off of the wall, saw you take the brooch out of the reticule, can hear you clumping around in the attic, and have others with whom to compare notes, you can't get away with much, Sergius.

To anyone who doesn't get the reference, I apologize -- but you really should watch Gaslight. Both the 1940 British and the 1944 US versions are good, and the US one has a scene near the end that has Ingrid Bergman doing one of the best scenes of a woman who has suffered abuse -- well, I won't spoil it, but it is very satisfying.

Thought I posted this, but maybe not.

Here is my offering for "tunes"

The Ballad of Cabinetman (To the Tune of The Ballad of Jed Clampett, AKA the theme to the Beverly Hil Billies) Please delete if a repeat.

Come and listen to a story 'bout a “manly†friend of Ken

Armed mountaineer said his wife was filled with sin

Til one day when he bragged he broke her will,

And came to Freejinger, just to get a little thrill

(Leave me alone, don’t call CPS, that’s my plea)

Well the first thing you know his blog’s a happenin place

Bitchin’ bout those women folk who’d look him in the face

He dared them to find him, and when they easily did

He loaded up the truck and he quickly ran and hid

(Alaska that is, wife’s alone, here’s my new address)

Well now it's time to say goodbye to Him and all his kin

They’re pretty mad that we folks was always dropping in

Although his blog was public as was his locality

He seems to have a poor grasp of the web’s reality

(Command men, that's what they call themselves,

Drama Queens seems a better fit- don’t come back now, ya hear?)

I just woke up my entire household laughing at this.

Did anyone else see this???: jezebel.com/woman-escapes-death-by-hitman-fakes-her-own-murder-do-1618398399

Archived