IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion - Part 8

happy atheist

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You see JimBob in the background, so I am sure it is some Duggar outing, charity or adventure of some sort.

She looks adorable though, like a typical teen working their first job.

Holy smokes, Jinger really resembles Smuggar in that picture. I've never realized they look so alike.

There have been a few photos lately where the resemblance between Jinger and Josh is really noticeable. Made me wonder if it is just how Jinger is aging or if it is the photo/angle/lighting. Guess we'll see.

There have been a few photos lately where the resemblance between Jinger and Josh is really noticeable. Made me wonder if it is just how Jinger is aging or if it is the photo/angle/lighting. Guess we'll see.

Interesting. I immediately thought "Wow, she looks so much like Jana in that picture." I don't really see much of a resemblance with Smuggar.

You see JimBob in the background, so I am sure it is some Duggar outing, charity or adventure of some sort.

She looks adorable though, like a typical teen working their first job.

All image, no substance.

Another Duggar Dabble for a Day.

I'm sure this means Jinger can now relate to the working stiffs of the world.

Holy smokes, Jinger really resembles Smuggar in that picture. I've never realized they look so alike.

She does look like Smuggar.

She looks exhausted! I wonder if there is a lot falling on her with 2 daughters being married off.

I think she just has less eye makeup on, which I think actually is a better look for her. I wonder if this is a very recent picture?

It looks JB has a Coldstone Hat on as well. Wouldn't it be funny if they bought a Coldstone Franchise and now the put the older kids to work there?

She looks exhausted! I wonder if there is a lot falling on her with 2 daughters being married off.

I think she just has less eye makeup on, which I think actually is a better look for her. I wonder if this is a very recent picture?

It looks JB has a Coldstone Hat on as well. Wouldn't it be funny if they bought a Coldstone Franchise and now the put the older kids to work there?

That picture is from 2010.

And I, too, have always thought that Jinger looks soooo much better without all that black eye make-up.

I feel like every time we discuss her we need to add the disclaimer that she is a PARODY BLOG. It's not real.

I am reading her blog now...people fighting over Jesus being white is cracking me UP! And whoever decided to paraphrase Ludacris...I'm dying! :lol:

I feel like every time we discuss her we need to add the disclaimer that she is a PARODY BLOG. It's not real.

Sorry. I didn't think about that.

I'll tackle the bone marrow part of this question.

If a Duggarling needed a bone marrow transplant, every immediate family member would be tested. All of the child's 18 siblings, plus both Duggar parents. Because this family is favored by huge numbers, there is a good chance of finding a compatible bone marrow match.

If one could not be found, a donor would be found and matched in the bone marrow registry, based on the number of genetic markers that were established in the initial blood test. For example, my husband is a match for my son - he has 5 out of the 6 genetic markers required for a bone marrow transplant to take place. For the Duggars, further intermediate testing would determine if that family member would still be the best possible match, or if extended family were a possible match. Cousin Amy and Grandma Mary could even be tested (Mary would be too old to donate - the cutoff age is 60). If no match is found, there are others on the bone marrow registry that could be selected based on similar genetic markers.

If a random person from the registry is selected as the best possible match, the protocol is that the Duggars would not be allowed to meet this person for either 1 or 2 years, I think it was changed to 2. The family would not be allowed to know the identity of the donor in case the transplant fails. If all is well and the recipient got through the transplant successfully by the end of the given time period, then the family is allowed to know the name of the donor and to meet with him or her if they so desire.

So the answer to your question is, the Duggar family wouldn't be allowed to know anything about the marrow donor, and my guess is, if everything went well and both parties chose to meet, they wouldn't care about the donor's beliefs. Beliefs simply wouldn't be a factor in what would be the Happiest Episode Ever. I think Michelle and Jim Bob would just be happy to have their child alive.

That's what I know so far, but there are probably at least couple of other posters here who would know more about it than I do. ;)

As to kidneys or other organs, I cannot say what the protocol is.

I can help a bit with organ donation.

I have a sister who became a liver donor a few years ago. My family heard that the 16 year-old younger brother of one of her former classmates needed a transplant (he has Cystic Fibrosis) and she happened to have the same blood type as him so she called the Hospital to get tested.

Pretty much every single test you can imagine was run on her. The Doctors literally check everything to make sure that a) you are healthy enough to donate without serious risks involved and b) that she was a good enough match to the recipient. They also have you undergo counseling sessions with a psychologist to determine whether you are mentally capable of consenting to the surgery and to make sure you are as prepared as possible for anything that may happen - my sister even filed a living will in case the surgery went really wrong.

After it was determined she was a match, the family was told. They were present at the hospital during one of the last meetings before the surgery and they requested that they get to meet with the recipient. My sister was asked and she agreed - some donors don't want to meet the recipient ahead of time because they're scared the surgery may not work and other times there really isn't a lot of time to spare for anyone to meet. It really depends on the situation.

Both parties have the right to change their mind about the surgery at any time. This young man was so overcome with emotion after meeting my sister that he actually told the Doctors and his mom that he wanted to call it all off because he didn't want to risk her getting hurt. Fortunately, they were able to calm him down and explain that she fully understood the risks and now, almost 4 years later, he is a happy and relatively healthy young man.

As for the Duggars. . . I know we love to snark on JB and Michelle, but I honestly believe 100% that they love their children and would do what was necessary to keep them alive. I honestly don't think they are the type of people to turn down a life-saving transplant just because the recipient is LGBTQ or liberal or anything like that.

And I do think that they would be incredibly grateful to the person who gave their child the gift of life - the recovery from those types of surgeries can be pretty brutal. My sister is one of the toughest people I know and she was using the morphine as much as she was allowed in the days after the surgery. Seeing anyone go through that for someone you love would make anyone grateful; it might be an odd Duggar type of grateful, but I do think they would be grateful nonetheless.

Duggar gals + film crew sighting this week. They were at a thrift store shopping. It must have been for something specific because after they filmed a little recap and "exit" they all came back in without the crew and shopped for real. People were following them around the store taking pictures with their phones at first. It was weird. But after the crew left people left them alone. They were clearly just doing the wander around and pick through stuff shopping a normal person does at a thrift store. Picking up clothes and running into people they knew. Michelle was carrying around a bunch of winter coats so I guess they DO still buy used and save the difference on some stuff. Jana was beautiful and had the cutest outfit of all of them.

Duggar gals + film crew sighting this week. They were at a thrift store shopping. It must have been for something specific because after they filmed a little recap and "exit" they all came back in without the crew and shopped for real. People were following them around the store taking pictures with their phones at first. It was weird. But after the crew left people left them alone. They were clearly just doing the wander around and pick through stuff shopping a normal person does at a thrift store. Picking up clothes and running into people they knew. Michelle was carrying around a bunch of winter coats so I guess they DO still buy used and save the difference on some stuff. Jana was beautiful and had the cutest outfit of all of them.

A few photos of this showed up on FB with the trending petition link, but i can't find them now. It was funny though, the store clerk behind the counter looked like she was totally fed up with the situation.

I just read this under Jessa's newest Instagram picture (a wedding picture):

i just want to say how much that breaks my heart. I am a lesbian woman whos been in a committed relationship for years now and I'm also an avid follower of the sjow. I think you and your family are beautiful people and wonderful examples of all thats good in the world. However if these anti homosexual feelings are true, then my view on the duggers has changed and i cam lo noger be a supporter of a family i thought was so loving.

It truly amazes me how people who consider themselves fans and supporters can be so ignorant of the Duggars' beliefs. It's not exactly like they hide them or anything.

It truly amazes me how people who consider themselves fans and supporters can be so ignorant of the Duggars' beliefs. It's not exactly like they hide them or anything.

In her defense, they have never stated their beliefs about homosexuality on the TV program and there are A LOT of people who don't follow them on social media, blogs, boards, etc. Just now is the somewhat more mainstream news picking up on this.

In her defense, they have never stated their beliefs about homosexuality on the TV program and there are A LOT of people who don't follow them on social media, blogs, boards, etc. Just now is the somewhat more mainstream news picking up on this.

You're right, and I wasn't trying to bitch about her or anything. I just can't quite grasp how people are fans of the Duggars for years and never figure out what they believe. I mean, how many seasons started with "we have very conservative values" blah blah blah? And they continue to repeat that they don't believe in birth control and whatnot. It don't get how you could possibly NOT figure out that they believe homosexuality is a sin. That's pretty basic even for people much less fundie than they are. Doesn't matter though. Just something I needed to get off my chest. :)

It's still pretty stupid, though. In what universe does "fundamentalist Christian" and "conservative values" NOT equal raging homophobia? How does one live in the US and still manage to be shocked that a Christian family so fanatical that they have 19 kids and won't even hold hands until they're engaged actively fight to keep basic human rights from others?

Jill has made yogurt! Yay. Well, nothing actually wrong with that. It's a good food to be eating and I make it for my family every week. What stood out here is that little Jilly has made a crockpot full. Either they are really into yogurt or a lot of that is going to be thrown away / sent to TTH. Time to scale back the food production Jill. You are catering for two now. (I realise this is all part of learning curve of married life. It's just funny to watch.)

Archived