IGNORED

Dougie's *NEW* expedition -- mammoth hunting

Pclee

Dougie going mammoth hunting?

Oh that sounds so dirty!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

....and now I am picturing the interns prancing around the room screaming (like little girls) "if you touch me there again I shall scream" all the while being chased by the Doug (with a whip and in leather). Must leave immediately and wash my brain with bleach to remove this image. :lol:

Nah, I really can't see Dougie as a top. Whenever I think of Dougie I picture him in a gimp mask. That man is most definitely a bottom.

Maybe there wasn't enough "huddling together for warmth" on the Amazon trip?

"Well, we didn't find any mammoths out on the open plains, but we certainly found a few in our tents at night." ;)

I'm very excited. I beat the interns to the blog mistakes and therefore can preserve this in the interest of non-revisionist history.

2mxk5fn.jpg

eta: I'm not on my regular computer, so I don't know why the writing is so hard to read. But I hereby affirm that those words are spelled "Wooley" and "hazardious journeys".

I want to go in undercover, I will wear a fake moustache and goatee and be a small,round man with a name like Julius Thurston Howe the 5nd . I will wear a monocle and use big words to impress Doug.(quite a stretch but I can pull it off) Who wants to be my strapping young lad of a son? I don't like the cold,but it would be worth it to see what happens in the tent..... INFILTRATION! :dance:

I want to go in undercover, I will wear a fake moustache and goatee and be a small,round man with a name like Julius Thurston Howe the 5nd . I will wear a monocle and use big words to impress Doug.(quite a stretch but I can pull it off) Who wants to be my strapping young lad of a son? I don't like the cold,but it would be worth it to see what happens in the tent..... INFILTRATION! :dance:

You riffled, my dear. ;) I would be more than happy to join you as your brother Archibald Thorton Howe, but I couldn't pass as a young anything let alone a male with a nice butt. Remember, that will be of the first places Doug Phillips looks.

You riffled, my dear. ;) I would be more than happy to join you as your brother Archibald Thorton Howe, but I couldn't pass as a young anything let alone a male with a nice butt. Remember, that will be of the first places Doug Phillips looks.

Oh Archibald, you and I are meant to be together! Now if we could just snag a hot piece who looks young, can talk religion and has a black belt to fend off Doug we would be set. :clap:

visionforum.com/news/blogs/doug/ .......... August 19 2011 entry.

SIGH.

Are we sure he is not just looking for that "mammoth-sized feminism force" about which Kelly was bloviating?

Excellent... Anyone know what Dougie's official costume will be?

Excellent... Anyone know what Dougie's official costume will be?

I'm guessing a flannel shirt with crazy fur hat.

You heard it here first. :D

Guest Anonymous

I'm guessing a flannel shirt with crazy fur hat.

You heard it here first. :D

I'm guessing a leather tunic, with a leopard-skin cloak over one shoulder, fur boots, a wolverine-fur hood and a stone club.

Hunting anacondas, and now mammoths? What a size queen.

I forgot that he lives in San Antonio! I was just there this weekend! I was just hanging out with family, but I did some non-fundie approved things, such as wearing shorts, seeing art museums with naked statues, and drinking prickly pear margaritas!

Hunting anacondas, and now mammoths? What a size queen.

Why does he make himself such an easy target? I have a feeling the jokes are just going to write themselves on this one. Can't wait for the LOLDougs.

I'm guessing a leather tunic, with a leopard-skin cloak over one shoulder, fur boots, a wolverine-fur hood and a stone club.

Ssssssexy......... :o

Last month I met with a group of men and discussed the possibility of taking a “hazardious journeys†father and son adventure to the frozen plains of Russia to travel with caribou herders and possibly look for mammoth remains.

OMG, seriously? I have a feeling he doesn't realize just what those "frozen plains of Russia" are really like. When they're frozen, they're like -70C frozen. As a comparison, when I was flying I watched the little flight info screen and the airplane thermomenter was registering -50C at 35,000 feet. It's so cold there that having a centimeter of skin exposed equals frostbite in less than 5 minutes. If he was smart, he'd have reindeer fur clothing, because Thinsulate doesn't cut it.

There's also the fact that, how do I say this gently, Russia isn't exactly the easiest place to travel. Getting a visa for this may prove to be difficult, not to mention a bunch of yokels trying to navigate through Russia without falling afoul of either the law or the criminal element that's quite prevalent in Russia.

He may be biting off more than he can chew...

I wonder if he knows that Woolly Mammoth remains are just lying around that you can stumble open in the open plains, especially with your entire face covered up and your face down to protect from the wind.

They don't walk around like they do in the Flintstones.

Edited to fix a typo.

He can't possibly be planning to visit there in the winter. Like, no way.

Apparently spring in Siberia isn't half bad, if you can stand swarms of mosquitoes. Don't want to expose a lot of bare flesh there for sure.

If they go to the arctic or sub-arctic in the spring & summer, mosquitoes will be the least of their concerns. Try putting up with blackflies or deerflies, either of which are enough to drive caribou herds mad.

He can't possibly be planning to visit there in the winter. Like, no way.

Apparently spring in Siberia isn't half bad, if you can stand swarms of mosquitoes. Don't want to expose a lot of bare flesh there for sure.

It's more than half bad, actually. Beside the insects mentioned, there are some very hungry wild animals up there. Trapsing through the taiga, without knowing what you're doing, is pretty freaking stupid. There's also the notion that very few people live up there, outside of the larger towns. There's no cell phone service, there's nobody around to call for help, no medical evacuation. And nobody speaks English, outside of the American school near Mirny.

This one may end in disaster and, if they go up during the winter, I'm fearing that there may be a fatality.

On a related note, why does Doug constantly do these big glorified vacations? Is there a religious purpose to them or is this just his hobby and he feels like sharing?

Archived