IGNORED

Dougie's *NEW* expedition -- mammoth hunting

Pclee

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"A man herding reindeer in Russia’s Arctic found the perfectly-preserved, 40,000-year-old body of a baby woolly mammoth."

Yo, Dougie. Does 40,000 = 6,000? Since you seem to be a buddy of Ken Ham's & the AIG BS, just wondering here how you explain this? Are the Russians wrong or are you & Ken Ham wrong?

Pssst, Interns: not only do you need correct the spelling of "hazardious" but you might check on the spelling of "wooley mammoth" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woolly_mammoth). Just saying.

Poor interns, Dougie is going to break out the whip and chains for all these mistakes. Proofreading is your friend guys.

Guest Anonymous
"A man herding reindeer in Russia’s Arctic found the perfectly-preserved, 40,000-year-old body of a baby woolly mammoth."

Yo, Dougie. Does 40,000 = 6,000? Since you seem to be a buddy of Ken Ham's & the AIG BS, just wondering here how you explain this? Are the Russians wrong or are you & Ken Ham wrong?

Pssst, Interns: not only do you need correct the spelling of "hazardious" but you might check on the spelling of "wooley mammoth" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woolly_mammoth). Just saying.

Since the Soviets were officially atheists for almost 75 years, the mammoth carcass was obviously planted by Satan to test the faith of the newly Christianized, Russian Republic.

So is Dougie going to try to hitch his wagon to this excavation, kinda like he did with the whole "Raising the Allosaur" debacle?

I would love to get a group of women together and recreate every "manly" adventure Dougie goes on (except the WWII one--that was just tacky and gross), just to show him how manly they aren't. Of course, then he'd probably accuse me of being a lesbian(because in Dougie's world, all lesbians want to be and look like men).

I'm so confused. The article states that the animal is 40,000 years old. How does that work with the creationists? I don't know a ton about creationism, but I was under the impression that they think the history of the planet only went back about 2,000 years.

Seems odd he would quote and link to an article that clearly doesn't support creationism.

But I really just can't wait for the LOLVLADIMIR photos.

I'm so confused. The article states that the animal is 40,000 years old. How does that work with the creationists? I don't know a ton about creationism, but I was under the impression that they think the history of the planet only went back about 2,000 years.

Seems odd he would quote and link to an article that clearly doesn't support creationism.

But I really just can't wait for the LOLVLADIMIR photos.

Not all creationists believe that the earth is only 6,000 years old. I'm a creationist and I believe God made the earth billions of years ago. In our faith we are taught that a day to God is not the same amount of time that we think of a day. Science and God can walk hand in hand to most creationists as we are not the flat earth or extreme cults that the new earth christians are. Science is friends with the marjority of Christians. ;)

Ahh, a very good Do Svidaniya to our Dougie :) May Russia treat you well ;)

I'm sure there will be some interesting experiences to be had by the VF crew in Russia, if my childhood experiences are anything to go by.... :) (My grandma's family fled Russia, and everything about Russia was either destroyed or hidden, probably because of the Cold War, but ironically I grew up speaking with a Russian accent, of all things).

Oh Dougie Thank You!!! I have been looking for an excuse to re-write the lyrics to the Flintstones Theme Song with a VF twist.

Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyabba-dabba-tooooooool!"

Dougie Phillips... Meet Dougie Phillips,

He’s a modern toolist maximus.

From the town of San Antonio,

He and his interns like to play dress-up.

Let's hunt anacondas with the interns.

During a sweaty vigorous manly romp.

When you're with Dougie Phillips you’ll,

be fellowshiping,

manly fellowshipping,

you’ll have a gay old time

Internnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doug can just stay home and drag Beall around by her hair for fun instead. Oh, wait. Can he do that? I imagine her dragging him around by the golden grip when they're at home. After all, the Bible says that the woman is despot in the home.

.........I got nothin'.

Athena,

I don't believe you.

You' always got somethin'! You need a bit of a lie down and a snack to come up with it. :mrgreen:

Not all creationists believe that the earth is only 6,000 years old. I'm a creationist and I believe God made the earth billions of years ago. In our faith we are taught that a day to God is not the same amount of time that we think of a day. Science and God can walk hand in hand to most creationists as we are not the flat earth or extreme cults that the new earth christians are. Science is friends with the marjority of Christians. ;)

Ladypuglover - pretty sure Dougie professes to believe in a literal 6,000-year-old earth. That's certainly Ken Ham's line, and he's a pal of Dougie's.

Ladypuglover - pretty sure Dougie professes to believe in a literal 6,000-year-old earth. That's certainly Ken Ham's line, and he's a pal of Dougie's.

No, I know. I just wanted to put it out there some of us may be crazy enough to be creationists but not crazy stupid to believe that science in all its forms doesn't prove that the earth isn't older than 6,000 years old.

No, I know. I just wanted to put it out there some of us may be crazy enough to be creationists but not crazy stupid to believe that science in all its forms doesn't prove that the earth isn't older than 6,000 years old.

OK - and, for the record, I can agree with your beliefs. Nature is a wonder, and I don't see a lot of parsimony in it, Occam & his razor notwithstanding!

Poor interns, Dougie is going to break out the whip and chains for all these mistakes. Proofreading is your friend guys.

....and now I am picturing the interns prancing around the room screaming (like little girls) "if you touch me there again I shall scream" all the while being chased by the Doug (with a whip and in leather). Must leave immediately and wash my brain with bleach to remove this image. :lol:

Archived