IGNORED

Lori Alexander hits the mark again.......

......in promoting the truly unhealthy as godly and good.

On cleaning...yeah :roll: I know.

I have learned to like cleaning from my mother. {Did you notice she said she "learned"? We all can learn things if we want.} She is the best cleaner I know. When you are in her home, it just smells clean. It is inviting and restful. Anyone can trust they will not contract a disease by entering her home. You can walk barefoot and not feel a crumb. My mother would teach me how to clean properly just as her mother taught her when she was growing up. They would do the white glove test. Testing every surface to see that nothing was left undone. And now, I am teaching my children the same. These skills are passed down from generation to generation.

Pinging a wee spike on my radar...but I'll give it a moment.

When my children were still babies, I would take them to visit others. If the home was a mess, I worried about choking hazards and germs. I did not want to leave the child on the floor because I could see the grime. That grime would coat my children's feet, hands, and knees of their clothing. It was an uneasy feeling that I had. I did not want to make the hostess feel badly, but I was literally grossed out. My children would tire of piling on my lap and I would tire from propping up all their weight.

:shock:

Some women also argue that they want to spend more quality time with their children. Hey, you can spend a lot of time with your children cleaning with them! That is a part of our family time. As soon as my kids could walk, they were my cleaning buddies. They learned so early that cleaning was just a part of daily living. It was not a mountain to climb, it was just a few short steps each morning. It brings such a feeling of working as a team. We all live her, we all clean here! The more kids a person has, the more cleaning buddies. The older kids can buddy up with the younger children in their chores to pass on their skills. It is a win/win situation. Building relationships while creating a haven of refreshing beauty!

More kids more cleaning buddies...YAY!!!

A home that is rarely cleaned will always have a bathroom that has a very dirty toilet. The smell of urine is so strong. My mother always had a sit down rule. Everyone, including men, had to sit on the toilet to go. She told me it was because of splashing. Urine will always splash out and it can run down the side of the toilet to the floor around the base. The odors get trapped there.

I have learned to check bathrooms in restaurants to see how clean they are. Bathrooms are a reflection on the overall cleanliness of an established business. If the bathroom smells nice and is spotless, you know they care about every detail.

Just seriously? :lol: PP not gonna Peepee there.

Anyone can trust they will not contract a disease by entering her home.

Lori is going to publish this person's room by room guide to cleaning.

Lori..... as ever, has failed to completely notice that this woman has serious issues which she is kindly passing onto her children.

Just when you think she can't get any more ignorant. Positively promoting mental ill health as a virtue.

I guess her kids never played outside. I have been in one or two houses that were *so* dirty that I wouldn't have felt comfortable with putting babies or toddlers on the floor, but that's rare in the extreme. A kid isn't going to catch the plaque from a cluttered house or a few crumbs.

But messy house = dirty bathroom? Nope. My house is pretty much always cluttered. My bathroom IS going to be clean, though, simply because I can't stomach a dirty bathroom. I'd rather have a sink full of dishes (also something that stresses me out, btw) than a dirty bathroom. My boys also sit to pee at home, lol. I hear my friends with boys bitching about how they constantly have pee everywhere, and I have no regrets whatsoever in teaching my kids to sit at home.

I guess her kids never played outside. I have been in one or two houses that were *so* dirty that I wouldn't have felt comfortable with putting babies or toddlers on the floor, but that's rare in the extreme. A kid isn't going to catch the plaque from a cluttered house or a few crumbs.

But messy house = dirty bathroom? Nope. My house is pretty much always cluttered. My bathroom IS going to be clean, though, simply because I can't stomach a dirty bathroom. I'd rather have a sink full of dishes (also something that stresses me out, btw) than a dirty bathroom. My boys also sit to pee at home, lol. I hear my friends with boys bitching about how they constantly have pee everywhere, and I have no regrets whatsoever in teaching my kids to sit at home.

About playing outside - i know, right? Why couldn't she have said something less judgy than saying it was a dirty person's house. She could have said letting her OWN house go ends up like being outside or camping :lol: and that wouldn't have been mean to anyone else. Maybe she could have recommended letting the kids play in a bubble bath when you get back home from out in town or a dingy store.

So agree about bathrooms. I don't have an older boy yet but i've seen ways to seal the bottom base of the potty and make it easy to wipe down a few times a day. I'd much rather always be cleaning a little here and there than have to bring out a hazmat suit once a week.

About playing outside - i know, right? Why couldn't she have said something less judgy than saying it was a dirty person's house. She could have said letting her OWN house go ends up like being outside or camping :lol: and that wouldn't have been mean to anyone else. Maybe she could have recommended letting the kids play in a bubble bath when you get back home from out in town or a dingy store.

So agree about bathrooms. I don't have an older boy yet but i've seen ways to seal the bottom base of the potty and make it easy to wipe down a few times a day. I'd much rather always be cleaning a little here and there than have to bring out a hazmat suit once a week.

Hehehe! I can totally tell when my nephews have been here for a while, especially when younger. I just clean the loo and around it a few times a day as I feel the urge, I like a clean loo as well as the next person, just not enough to dictate how the males in my home and visitors should relieve themselves :shock:

It is the work of seconds.

I hope most people who enter my home are looking forward to their visit, maybe hopeful about their hospitality be it coffee or dinner, looking forward to my company a bit of craic and laughter. I certainly hope they are not concerned about contracting some life threatening disease! What a sad existence some people have :(

And here is my response to that...

ctvnews.ca/health/early-exposure-to-dust-germs-can-reduce-allergy-and-asthma-risk-1.1857908

clean houses lead to allergies and asthma...kids' immune systems can't develop if they're not exposed to things that trigger the immune response. Maybe that's why my kids RARELY got sick!!!!

Welp, now we all know Ken sits down to take a whiz... :ew:

Hehehe! I can totally tell when my nephews have been here for a while, especially when younger. I just clean the loo and around it a few times a day as I feel the urge, I like a clean loo as well as the next person, just not enough to dictate how the males in my home and visitors should relieve themselves :shock:

lol, I don't dictate to them how to go. I just never taught them to stand -- sitting was soooo much easier when they were potty learning. I certainly do not dictate to guests how to go. Or my husband. There's nothing inherently emasculating about sitting, though, no matter what Pissing Preacher insists. :)

(Mind you, I didn't think you were accusing me of pee-dictation, but I wanted to clarify.)

I have a friend who is a neat freek ( so is her mother). It makes me nuts at times but I just deal w/ it. I hate to clean as does my mother. However our house is not dirty

Somebody should hit Lori, in the head, with a baseball bat, repeatedly.

Can't comment on her shit anymore...got blocked :pull-hair:

I lost my reply due to a brief power outage. OK, again. When I did public health nursing in a Polish neighborhood in NY in the 1960's the houses were immaculate inside, you could eat off the floors. But some of them had TB and they wouldn't believe the doctors or x-rays because if you live in a clean house you don't get TB. It made it hard to treat them.

lol, I don't dictate to them how to go. I just never taught them to stand -- sitting was soooo much easier when they were potty learning. I certainly do not dictate to guests how to go. Or my husband. There's nothing inherently emasculating about sitting, though, no matter what Pissing Preacher insists. :)

(Mind you, I didn't think you were accusing me of pee-dictation, but I wanted to clarify.)

OH GOSH! No I should have made that clear! I was meaning the bizarre woman we were discussing. I wonder if she has a sign in her loo for guests.....Sit is not just for sh*t ...HA! :lol:

I didn't think my reply posted. I should say some of the people had TB, not some of the houses. Now I am on the Kindle so hard to edit.

OH GOSH! No I should have made that clear! I was meaning the bizarre woman we were discussing. I wonder if she has a sign in her loo for guests.....Sit is not just for sh*t ...HA! :lol:

OMG!!! I want a sign like this just to see how freaked out people get!!!! lol! My husband would be all :evil-eye:

Another handy sign would be "If you sprinkle when you tinkle please be neat and wipe the seat."

I almost made a sign like that for my last roommate. Who was A GIRL and kept f**king PEEING ON THE DAMN TOILET SEAT ALL THE TIME!! Like yeah, hover in public bathrooms and clean up after yourself. But f**king pee on the damn toilet one more time....

She copied her entire post from Keeper of the Homestead:

keeperofthehomestead.com

We discussed her here:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=21352&hilit=keeperofthehomestead.com

ah I remember her. The one that made her kids pay for their meals.

It's good that Lori is getting something useful out of her time spent her ;)

She apparently hasn't learned anything about copyright though. I hope she had Erin's permission to reprint her article in it's ENTIRETY on her own page.

I'd be pretty miffed as a blogger if someone did that to me, aside from it being super lazy and you know...copyright infringement, google take a dim view of more than one site having the *exact. same. content* and dings you for it.

If I worked hard on my blog using my own original words and then someone came along and copied stole them because they don't understand fair use and copyright laws and are basically lazy, selfish assholes, I wouldn't be too amused and I might contact blogger and file a DMCA on them, but that's just me.

Now before Ken starts blustering about it being the same thing we are doing here. NO, it's not. Full Stop! We do not copy entire posts/articles etc and throw in a paragraph of our own words and call it a day. We copy excerpts of people's words and DISCUSS them, sometimes for many pages. That is called Fair Use. Look it up.

It looks like Lori commented on that other womans post, so she probably already knew Lori had posted it and was okay with it.

Somebody should make the blogger she copied from aware of this. I can just picture it now...a fundie cat fight via internet.....LOL!!

Somebody should make the blogger she copied from aware of this. I can just picture it now...a fundie cat fight via internet.....LOL!!

I would watch that fight. It's surprising Lori hasn't caused such a fight already with all her posting entire blog posts from elsewhere.

Archived