IGNORED

Alabama Ministry Quotes Hitler, Apologizes (MERGED)

ViolaSebastian

I have not read the article, but I am betting they meant to illustrate that people like Hitler understood the importance of forming your children, so Christians darn well need better get their act together.

That's giving them a lot of credit!

Honestly, I got the impression from the article that they literally did not realise Hitler=bad.

I think this is their EXACT intention. Some of these fundies squak loudly about giving kids over to 'Caeser' to be educated.

And it's not as if other quotable people haven't said the same thing in other ways. What an idiot.

That that minister did is truly brilliant. Those who think like him will be the sort who think there's nothing wrong with having a Jew-roast, and by using a Hitler quote, they've gotten a lot of free publicity, a bonus boost, to reach more bigots.

I rather like those moments when asshole fundies display their assholery . . .

for all the world to see . . .

on an enormous billboard. :D

I only wish it had been one of the electronic ones.

IKR? PLEASE keep connecting Hitler with your crazy brand of christianity. Then everyone can tell who they look up to for "soul winning" ideas.

• 2 weeks later...

:cray-cray: What's next quoting L. Ron Hubbard or Charles Manson?

It's embarrassing how many of my FB "friends" (from my fundie-yesteryears) have been defending this moron. Oddly enough, they're the same group of people who physically protested the billboard that the Alabama Atheist put up last year.

Same here. I just told them to STFU. When stupid shit like this happens, my manners go out the door. I have zero tolerance for that kind of ignorance.

Archived