IGNORED

Evolution debunked in 3 minutes

FJismyheadship

Yeah, they don't teach evolution in preschool, although the two year old loves Dinosaur Train and it is mentioned that the Earth is billions of years old and compared dinosaurs to animals around today. That's probably as close as its going to get.

The five year old and nine year old sort of have a concept of evolution, but I don't think from school (although the five year old is currently learning about dinosaurs, so I presume there is some mention of how old the Earth is), I did try and explain it to them when they asked questions like how we got here and stuff.

Shoot, millions of years isn't even a concern *I* fully grasp, and I'm 25. I mean I know it exists and all, but... That's a LONG time!

Also (just to be pedantic) "Universe" does not mean "one word" in Latin. It means "one turned" as separate words, and became "combined into one, whole" as a complete word.

It has nothing to do with your gawd's spoken word.

What an idiotic asshole.

Also - here's how the correct ingredients can be shaken up (like a tornado) to bring order from chaos:

I talk to my toddlers and preschoolers about origins of the earth and evolution, but dumbed down quite a bit and they still don't really grasp it at that age.

My four year old was totally into stars and we talked about how stars are born, and how they eventually die too. What he took from that conversation was that he was going to use a time machine so that he could go forward in time to see our sun explode in death, and then go back in time to see our sun born too. He also intended to sell time machines. Mind you, he wasn't going to invent them, just sell them.

But, he was going to work all of that around his other job, the most important job in the whole wide world--to be a pepperoni farmer.

But by all means, I'm sure it's a relevant and useful time management utilization to get all worked up about what preschoolers do and don't understand about origins of the earth and everything on it.

The 2nd Law of Thermodynamics applies to a closed system. The earth is not a closed system. I also believe evolution has been observed with the presence of antibiotic resistant bacteria. In that same argument, no one observed creation so therefore it can't be true.

I always laugh at the argument Ken Hamm and his lot give for debunking creationism: "Were you there?" My response would be "No, I wasn't but were you?"

I've always wanted to respond, "I was there. Funny though, I didn't see you."

Yeah, they don't teach evolution in preschool, although the two year old loves Dinosaur Train and it is mentioned that the Earth is billions of years old and compared dinosaurs to animals around today. That's probably as close as its going to get.

The five year old and nine year old sort of have a concept of evolution, but I don't think from school (although the five year old is currently learning about dinosaurs, so I presume there is some mention of how old the Earth is), I did try and explain it to them when they asked questions like how we got here and stuff.

Dinosaur Train! My preschooler loves it too. Nothing like time-traveling talking dinosaurs chugging around the world in a steam engine to be accurate. Besides candy colors and a t-rex living with a bunch of ptyranodons in a nest. :lol:

Oh and the Elvis dino with the swoopy head horn :laughing-rolling: King Cryolophosaurus.

The best song is hungry hungry herbivore, i used to sing that to her when she was nursing. We love to CHEWWWWW!

ETA: i had to look that crap up, i really don't have a clue how to spell dinosaur names. :lol:

Also (just to be pedantic) "Universe" does not mean "one word" in Latin. It means "one turned" as separate words, and became "combined into one, whole" as a complete word.

It has nothing to do with your gawd's spoken word.

What an idiotic asshole.

Also - here's how the correct ingredients can be shaken up (like a tornado) to bring order from chaos:

That magnet video is fascinating! Thanks for sharing it. 8-)

Dinosaur Train! My preschooler loves it too. Nothing like time-traveling talking dinosaurs chugging around the world in a steam engine to be accurate. Besides candy colors and a t-rex living with a bunch of ptyranodons in a nest. :lol:

Oh and the Elvis dino with the swoopy head horn :laughing-rolling: King Cryolophosaurus.

The best song is hungry hungry herbivore, i used to sing that to her when she was nursing. We love to CHEWWWWW!

My kid is 8 now, so he's "too old" for Dinosaur Train. :( I need to watch it some more, though - there's a scene I swear I saw, can't find any reference to it on Google, but I would swear I saw a line of dinosaurs doing a version of Monty Python's Ministry of Funny Walks in one episode. Maybe I dreamed it, though.

And now I have this song stuck in my brain:

[bBvideo 560,340:yhvsteo2]

[/bBvideo]

My kid is 8 now, so he's "too old" for Dinosaur Train. :( I need to watch it some more, though - there's a scene I swear I saw, can't find any reference to it on Google, but I would swear I saw a line of dinosaurs doing a version of Monty Python's Ministry of Funny Walks in one episode. Maybe I dreamed it, though.
Wouldn't be surprised. They throw in stuff for the parents sometimes. :D Thanks for the video, we just watched it and she loved it. "I love dinos!" (Yep i let her stay up too late sometimes. Ex-fundie freedom!) :handgestures-thumbupright:

Here's hungry herbivore for old times' sake :D They don't play it much anymore. [bBvideo 560,340:28zgqf7u]

[/bBvideo]

sorry for the threadjack! dino party :lol:

Wouldn't be surprised. They throw in stuff for the parents sometimes. :D Thanks for the video, we just watched it and she loved it. "I love dinos!" (Yep i let her stay up too late sometimes. Ex-fundie freedom!) :handgestures-thumbupright:

If she likes the paleontologist song, check out the CD/DVD called Here Comes Science, that's the album it's on. Awesome album and totally non-fundy, just read the 1-star reviews on Amazon. :) My Brother the Ape and Science is Real both really bugged them, as I recall.

If she likes the paleontologist song, check out the CD/DVD called Here Comes Science, that's the album it's on. Awesome album and totally non-fundy, just read the 1-star reviews on Amazon. :) My Brother the Ape and Science is Real both really bugged them, as I recall.

Awesome :D She'll love it.

• 1 month later...

This video reared it's ugly head again. The preacher's wife of the church that my mom attends posted it. She said it made a lot of sense. :doh: I had to restrain myself from posting and destroying every argument he uses. However, I didn't out of respect for my mother. It just makes me wonder how many religious people accept everything at his word. When he talked about the meaning of the word universe I thought to myself "that doesn't seem right. I'll look it up" It seems that his target audience aren't the type of person to do that. They are the type to look at him with wonder and say "You're right. You're so smart. I will worship you too."

Archived