IGNORED

Another one bites the dust- Daniel Lockwood MERGE

fundiefan

No offence taken. My husband's was caused by a combination of factors including alcohol abuse. The upside is that if it's acute, he may not have any more problems. But if it becomes chronic, he's screwed.

My best wishes for your husband. So sad. and I hope for the best recovery possible.

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chronic pancreatitis is bad but acute pancreatitis can also be awful - and can in fact be deadly. I've seen people suffer through a hugely complicated ICU course (multi organ failure, respiratory or cardiac failure, sepsis, wide spread necrosis, massive hemmorhage, severe diabetes, complications of the massive doses of drugs needed to treat their disease etc) only to eventually die from the complications of acute pancreatitis - in fact some of the sickest patients I've seen have been people with acute severe necrotizing pancreatitis. So really any kind of severe pancreatitis is BAD.

My best wishes for your husband. So sad. and I hope for the best recovery possible.

He had a total pancreatectomy at the University of Arizona last year. He's a type 1 diabetic b/c the islet transplant failed but he's doing well...he's gained back about 20lbs so far of the 40 he lost, and is getting ready to go back to work full time for the first time in over 3 years!

He had a total pancreatectomy at the University of Arizona last year. He's a type 1 diabetic b/c the islet transplant failed but he's doing well...he's gained back about 20lbs so far of the 40 he lost, and is getting ready to go back to work full time for the first time in over 3 years!

Oh, my. I don't "pray" as such but I do hold your husband in the Light of "positive thinking."

I believe in Light and positive thinking although I'd have a really hard time explaining why. But WTF, "Light" to the max here for your DH.

And let us not forget that the abuse of alcohol and drugs are an illness. An illness that has genetic links. A diagnosable illness that is not just a (so called) moral failure.

I also have compassion for Daniel. I hope he can conquer his "demons." I also hope he can protect his family from his "demons."

I still say, Jaynee run far, far, away and protect your children because the chances of Daniel getting it and recovering from his fall from grace are ...given you history of denial, and Daniel's historic ducking the issues -- pretty much ...Nil.

That saddens me.

He's finally decided to face his demons...and is in AA now. He's finally completely clean and sober (no alcohol, no opiates) for the first time in years. So far so good...thanks for the good wishes too...keep 'em up! I'm Christian but have no problem with anyone's well wishes, prayers, goat sacrificing (I do draw the line at sacrificing virgins)...His recovery has been aided by many, many of our friends and family loving, praying, meditating, whatever for us (and keeping me reasonably sane when I thought I'd lose it)...

It's a brutal surgery and the complication rate is sky-high just because so many systems are affected by the pancreas removal. I know people who have had great results including being insulin-free and others that eventually died. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.

He's finally decided to face his demons...and is in AA now. He's finally completely clean and sober (no alcohol, no opiates) for the first time in years. So far so good...thanks for the good wishes too...keep 'em up! I'm Christian but have no problem with anyone's well wishes, prayers, goat sacrificing (I do draw the line at sacrificing virgins)...His recovery has been aided by many, many of our friends and family loving, praying, meditating, whatever for us (and keeping me reasonably sane when I thought I'd lose it)...

It's a brutal surgery and the complication rate is sky-high just because so many systems are affected by the pancreas removal. I know people who have had great results including being insulin-free and others that eventually died. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.

This takes so much courage.

My thoughts, the Light and whatever are with your husband. And with you.

This takes so much courage.

My thoughts, the Light and whatever are with your husband. And with you.

Thank you very much...your kind words do mean a lot. Funny how love and support even through cyberspace can mean so much...and again, thank you.

Thank you very much...your kind words do mean a lot. Funny how love and support even through cyberspace can mean so much...and again, thank you.

I wish I could do more to support you. But cyberspace does count.

Much love.

I'd like to know how the Lockwoods are affording bible college. Seems like that wouldn't really be in the financial plan at the moment.

I'd like to know how the Lockwoods are affording bible college. Seems like that wouldn't really be in the financial plan at the moment.

I'd guess donations.

I poked around at the bible college website a bit. It's about 10k a year including room and board. Jaynee mentioned that Timothy is going to be looking for a job, so I think whatever they weren't able to raise will be paid by him.

A lot of those Christian/Bible colleges have special scholarships for kids who have parents in ministry or who are missionaries. Even though he is transitioning out of this (for the unnamed reason), my guess is that they might still have been able to apply for this type of scholarship/aid/reduced tuition cost.

• 1 month later...

Another post is up. A few nice photos with everyone in their Sunday best. A bit of humor in the last photo. I'm not sure the message though -- just a nice Sunday with everyone at home? (but I thought the oldest boy was away at college?)

Or was this some kind of vow renewal or something?

Anyway, lockwoodfamilytomexico.com/2014/10/so-good.html

Another post is up. A few nice photos with everyone in their Sunday best. A bit of humor in the last photo. I'm not sure the message though -- just a nice Sunday with everyone at home? (but I thought the oldest boy was away at college?)

I think it's some sort of pathetic way for Jaynee to prove she's standing by her man. The first photo is captioned "The Lord is so faithful". Yeah, well, too bad your husband isn't!

I think it's some sort of pathetic way for Jaynee to prove she's standing by her man. The first photo is captioned "The Lord is so faithful". Yeah, well, too bad your husband isn't!

I think I have to agree w/ u. I really wonder what he did.

The kids have grown! They haven't had an update of their family photo in quite a while. They probably wanted to take a new one before Timothy left for college. Plus, I think Jaynee does want to show that she is being a forgiving, obedient, and faithful wife to Daniel. I doubt she will ever reveal what he did. He was probably much nicer for a few weeks or months, but once forgiven, is now back to the old Daniel. There was really no chance she would leave him because he cheated-if that is what he did. He'd have to do much worse for Jaynee to leave her marriage.

• 2 weeks later...

More pictures of the oldest boys are up. This indicates to me that perhaps the massive funk is beginning to abate for Jaynee, since she is posting again.

She'll never leave her husband, but anything that is a return to whatever counts for normalcy for that family and for Jaynee is good.

However, I wish they would update the header on their blog, which is the original "we're missionaries in Mexico."

If she is going to stay with him, I can see not writing a big blog on his sins. If she is going to stay, I find her retaining her privacy a better way to go than what the 4 Ferguseons woman has done.

I don't really think what Daniel did is Jaynee's story to tell. But I do think it's Daniel's story to tell and I hope eventually he will. I think he thinks he already did that with his initial confession, but it was very craftily worded to hide what he really did, I assume.

I don't really think what Daniel did is Jaynee's story to tell. But I do think it's Daniel's story to tell and I hope eventually he will. I think he thinks he already did that with his initial confession, but it was very craftily worded to hide what he really did, I assume.

I disagree. Whatever he did impacted her life in a major way, and I think that makes it part of her story as well. This is especially true if what he did violated the marriage, as Jaynee is a party to that marriage.

I disagree. Whatever he did impacted her life in a major way, and I think that makes it part of her story as well. This is especially true if what he did violated the marriage, as Jaynee is a party to that marriage.

I guess I just haven't seen him be publicly repentant enough to my liking just yet, so that's why I'd like him to be first to tell. I thought it odd that when he wrote his "confessional" letter, he had her post it to their blog and didn't just up and post it himself. Maybe I'm too picky about the way it came out and across, but it was him telling her to post something he wrote that was already hurting her enough. I don't know...

I don't mean to be shallow but... Damn! Poor kids!

What do you mean by that? Because of having Daniel for a father? Or having to participate in that sham of a photo shoot their parents were putting on? If so, that's not shallow, that's reality. The fact that the kids are forced to "put on a happy face!" is one of the things I hate most about fundiedom.

I am assuming you weren't referring to their looks, because who the hell makes fun of a bunch of teenagers over something they can't control, right? (They are a nice looking bunch of kids as far as I'm concerned). But like I said, I assume that's not what you were implying. I'm a little sensitive today...ignore me.

Archived