IGNORED

"Recovered Catholic" Blog

GeoBQn

I found this blog through a friend of a friend.

recoveredcatholic.com

You can read her incredibly long religious journey here. Long story short: She went from cradle Catholic (but secretly atheist at 8) to Assemblies of G-d to some sort of Calvinism back to Catholicism. And all this before she even turned 30!

recoveredcatholic.com/the-recovery-story/

She and her husband plan on having as many children as G-d will give them, homeschool them all, and some of the buttons to causes she has on the side of the blog would be right at home on a Ben Seewald T-shirt.

Yet another blogger without a shred of common sense. She's posted a photo of her son's baptismal announcement from their newspaper. So now, an Internet full of complete strangers not only knows what her kid looks like, because what mommy blog is complete without dozens of pictures of their kids, we know his full name (including his last name) and the city where they live.

Do these people NOT understand how dangerous this is?

No, they do not till god forbid something happens.

Yet another blogger without a shred of common sense. She's posted a photo of her son's baptismal announcement from their newspaper. So now, an Internet full of complete strangers not only knows what her kid looks like, because what mommy blog is complete without dozens of pictures of their kids, we know his full name (including his last name) and the city where they live.

No, many of them really do not seem to understand how the internet works and therefore don't understand how dangerous it is. A lot of them don't seem to "get" that when you put something on the net that it can be viewed by ANYONE that happens by, not just people you want/think will view it.

We see it time after time after time here.

A good example is Ken not seeming to understand that people could see (and therefore discuss) the comments of not only Lori's blog, but comments Lori makes on other people's blogs as well :roll:

Edit to add: I call myself a "recovering Catholic" so I was excited to see this thread title. Suffice it to say it was not exactly what I was expecting ;)

well, y'know, I don't understand how dangerous this is.

I have been told that dangerous weirdos can and will track you down to do horrible stuff, so I keep a level of anonymity; but I don't get it. If I had been raised to automatically reject anything any godless heathen told me, this would be first on the list.

Archived