IGNORED

19 Kids & Courting - Duggar Snark Season 8 - Part 5

happy atheist

Yes, I kind of skipped over the "attractive young woman" part, that's an important part too of course :)

But can I ask, what makes you think that he is shy around women? From what I've seen of him, I thought he was confident, social, outspoken and, like you said, altruistic.

I think Derick is fairly outgoing and probably gained confidence during his time in Nepal because his goal was to reach out to others and share his beliefs with them. I may simply be ascribing a characteristic to him based on my own experiences, but he reminds me so much of various guys I knew in high school and college. Within their own social circle, they were fine. But in the context of chatting up a girl that they found cute, often incredibly bashful. They still saw themselves as their younger, skinny, nerdish high school selves. While they might be comfortable discussing a statistics problem, or a book they had to read for an English Lit class, they would become tongue tied in a purely social interaction.

And if he and Jill first connected via e-mail and Skype, maybe that worked in his favor. It's often easier to be open and communicative when it's not face to face, at least in the getting-to-know-you stages.

However, this is just my impression and I could be totally wrong lol.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
eta2: Rush Limbaugh is attacking black voters. He called them Uncle Toms :roll: and Sarah Palin says we need a third party for real conservatives :roll:

I used to think that the Tea Party Republicans would split off to form a third party, but it appears they will try to take over the Republican Party. If the "unreal conservatives" don't like that, maybe they ought to break free and form a third party. I'd like to see conservative voters split asunder. :wink-kitty:

I don't think that Jana wanted to be a doula. I think J'Chelle and Boob thought that Jill needed a buddy, and Jana was forced to do it. Why can't the adult kids do things on their own? They're so worried about the bad world putting bad intentions in their minds. Get over it, J'Chelle and Boob! Your kids are miserable because of you.

This whole accountability thing with adult children just makes my head explode. Even my somewhat Maxwellian parents didn't insist on me and my sisters having an acountability partner or anything like it.

I don't know how those kids can take it. I am sure Jill is happy right now but gotta wonder how much of it is "I finally got out of there". Or if not, she will get there.

I used to think that the Tea Party Republicans would split off to form a third party, but it appears they will try to take over the Republican Party. If the "unreal conservatives" don't like that, maybe they ought to break free and form a third party. I'd like to see conservative voters split asunder. :wink-kitty:

Yes! Third party and a split conservative vote :evil laugh: :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

maybe BRADRICK! can show up with a bunch of charts and graphs. :cracking-up:

Stevie may have attended for the soul purpose of promoting their crap. The Duggar circle is much to worldly for socializing. Sarah will never marry.

Or leave home. She's a housemaid forever.

I don't think that Jana wanted to be a doula. I think J'Chelle and Boob thought that Jill needed a buddy, and Jana was forced to do it. Why can't the adult kids do things on their own? They're so worried about the bad world putting bad intentions in their minds. Get over it, J'Chelle and Boob! Your kids are miserable because of you.

So what if Jana wants to do something? Does she need Joy or Jinger to accommodate her? It's ridiculous how adults can have a mind of their own.

Is this really one of Gothard's rules?

Anna's siblings left, they got shunned. You can't marry outside the cult because your kids might question their upbringing and authority and might rebel against the cult. Gothard has crazy ass rules in place.

Anna's siblings left, they got shunned. You can't marry outside the cult because your kids might question their upbringing and authority and might rebel against the cult. Gothard has crazy ass rules in place.

Derick isn't Gothard though. Is it okay since he's still fairly religious?

I disagree. People have always known what the Duggars stand for. Many people want an end to abortions. Most of the candidates the Duggars have endorsed were longshots. There are no political differences between Cochran and McDaniel(or am I wrong?). The Tea Party doesn't think Republican are doing enough for the conservative agenda. I just don't think it's the Duggars fault :shrug: .

Yes, there are big differences between Cochran and McDaniel; do your homework. And do please try to understand the difference between correlation and causation.

Yes, there are big differences between Cochran and McDaniel; do your homework. And do please try to understand the difference between correlation and causation.

While McDaniel is crazier, he and Cochran have similar beliefs.Cochran voted against background check for gun buyers an the ACA. I do understand the diffence between correlation and causation. I was responding to comments like "voters are waking up to the Duggars". I don't think anyone cares who the Duggars endorse . And do please :censor2:

I'm watching Rachel Maddow right now. They are showing a clip that has Josh and Anna standing behind Chris McDaniel during his non-consession speech.

Several years ago Jana wanted to go on that mission trip to Asia and JD was sent along. Maybe that's her goal. She may have been getting doula training to accompany Jill, but it could be helpful if she becomes a missionary. Maybe some other nice missionary guys have Jim Bob as their prayer buddy?

While McDaniel is crazier, he and Cochran have similar beliefs.Cochran voted against background check for gun buyers an the ACA. I do understand the diffence between correlation and causation. I was responding to comments like "voters are waking up to the Duggars". I don't think anyone cares who the Duggars endorse . And do please :censor2:

Cool! My first censor!!! Thanks.

I would like to apologize. I don't usually get angry. gustava's original comment seemed......hostile :? I think I'll avoid Duggar and political topics for a while :|

I think Daniel got shunned, but the family didn't shun Rebekah even though they dislike her husband. I think the deal with that is that when she married him he was more fundy, then he decided to be just conservative Christian and like a properly trained Kellar girl Rebekah followed her headship, thus she is not evil. Someone claimed that the parents talk to Susanna even though she dresses defraudingly and has a child out of wedlock. I haven't kept up with Susanna, so this is just through the FJ grapevine.

If the family dislikes Rebekah's husband, it is all on them. They're the ones that approved him, right? They have nobody to blame but themselves.

If the family dislikes Rebekah's husband, it is all on them. They're the ones that approved him, right? They have nobody to blame but themselves.

Good point!

But they LIKE John?!?! :disgust: :pull-hair:

But they LIKE John?!?! :disgust: :pull-hair:

That's a mindfuck, eh. No matter how "sweet" Mr and Mrs Keller seem on tv, you know that if they really cared about what was best for their children and grandchildren they wouldn't like John, but all they care about is taking over the world for Christ. John is fertile semen, keeps strict gender roles, has a buttload of trust in God, and is dumb as a brick. Jesus likes all of that.

Yet, The Kellers' fundamentalism keeps them from loving their own goddamn son because he married an infertile women and doesn't follow Gothard.

daniel-and-candice-keller.jpg

That's a mindfuck, eh. No matter how "sweet" Mr and Mrs Keller seem on tv, you know that if they really cared about what was best for their children and grandchildren they wouldn't like John, but all they care about is taking over the world for Christ. John is fertile semen, keeps strict gender roles, has a buttload of trust in God, and is dumb as a brick. Jesus likes all of that.

Yet, The Kellers' fundamentalism keeps them from loving their own goddamn son because he married an infertile women and doesn't follow Gothard.

daniel-and-candice-keller.jpg

Plus they adopted a baby and inherited all the sins of the father :roll: No matter what J'chelle says, they will never adopt as long as they follow Gothard, which I very much believe they still do. Anything he "may have" done was just because of the devil. As long as he repents then Jesus will love him and forgive them; they want to be like Jesus so they will love and forgive him, too. But, in the case of the kellers, not their own children. Again, serious mindfuck.

"John is fertile semen, keeps strict gender roles, has a buttload of trust in God, and is dumb as a brick. Jesus likes all of that."

Wooo! GOTHARD likes this--not Jesus. Goodness! Let's be careful here. Gothard does not speak for Christ, he uses mostly the O.T. and barely acknowledges Jesus.

Here's a thought. Daniel met Candice through a troubled teen drug center thing. She wasn't exactly a shinning star for christ. After marrying, he allowed her to make decisions, too. Oh the horror! They have a relationship of equals. Could this possibly be why Kelly Bates wasn't exactly thrilled with Whitney in the beginning? Maybe she thought Zach would leave, too. And being the eldest child and therefore the eldest boy, that would have hurt their image even more. At least the Kellers had two daughters married off into ATI before Daniel split. The Bates went from a failed courtship that was very public. Having him split after that would have done nothing but proof that their whole way of life with courting and shit was just that - complete shit. I'm wondering now if Kelly saw what happened with Daniel and Candice was genuinely concerned Zach and Whitney would do the same.

"John is fertile semen, keeps strict gender roles, has a buttload of trust in God, and is dumb as a brick. Jesus likes all of that."

Wooo! GOTHARD likes this--not Jesus. Goodness! Let's be careful here. Gothard does not speak for Christ, he uses mostly the O.T. and barely acknowledges Jesus.

Yes, but in their world, Gothard does speak for Jesus. His word is just as good. :insert shaking head here:

Duly noted, thanks for the correction!

I think Daniel got shunned, but the family didn't shun Rebekah even though they dislike her husband. I think the deal with that is that when she married him he was more fundy, then he decided to be just conservative Christian and like a properly trained Kellar girl Rebekah followed her headship, thus she is not evil. Someone claimed that the parents talk to Susanna even though she dresses defraudingly and has a child out of wedlock. I haven't kept up with Susanna, so this is just through the FJ grapevine.

There have been pictures the Kellars have posted of them visiting with Susana and her baby, and talking about what a sweet baby she is and so on. They've been posted on here and discussed. One picture was of them visiting with her and the baby at a home school conference. So they are definitely not shunning her.

Archived