IGNORED

19 Kids & Courting - Duggar Snark Season 8 - Part 5

happy atheist

My impression of Derick is that he's probably somewhat shy around women, has altruistic feelings (hence the time spent in Nepal), and is fundie-lite. Like many men, what is most appealing to him is probably an attractive young women with similar values who starts looking at him with stars in her eyes, laughs at his jokes, and otherwise shows him that he's most appealing in her eyes. I think once Jill decided she liked him, he was a goner. That's not necessarily bad and I hope they'll be very happy together.

My brother has a friend who met his wife when they became roommates. He, being a typical clueless guy, shy and awkward around women, soon found himself in a relationship with his roommate. I remember him telling my brother at the time: "She said we should be a couple," in a tone that indicated he wasn't quite sure what happened, but that he didn't want to argue with her. She decided he was viable boyfriend/husband material and he was easy pickin's. Nearly 20 years later, they seem happily married and have 3 daughters.

Your story about your brother's friend reminds me of a story about my friend's brother. ;) He writes for a popular satire website. One young woman took an interest in his writing and decided to look up his address online. She stalked him, showed up at his house, and then they started dating. They just recently got married. :shock:

He still doesn't know what the hell happened. I've met her and she seems nice, but still, :wtf:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know plenty of people non fundie who wants or have had lots of kids. I just don't get why Jim Bob would go against his cult. There's a reason why Gothard doesn't allow people to marry outside the cult or have friends outside the cult because children will start to question their upbringing and might rebel. If your child goes against Gothard they are shunned. So Jim Bob expects his kids, well daughter(s) to marry someone who is likely worth something in the real world, but won't do the same for his kids.

There are plenty of women derricks age just like Jill. Some are from his own beliefs system. I get marrying someone from a different culture, but Gothard is a cult.

I know plenty of people non fundie who wants or have had lots of kids. I just don't get why Jim Bob would go against his cult. There's a reason why Gothard doesn't allow people to marry outside the cult or have friends outside the cult because children will start to question their upbringing and might rebel. If your child goes against Gothard they are shunned. So Jim Bob expects his kids, well daughter(s) to marry someone who is likely worth something in the real world, but won't do the same for his kids.

There are plenty of women derricks age just like Jill. Some are from his own beliefs system. I get marrying someone from a different culture, but Gothard is a cult.

Is this really one of Gothard's rules?

My impression of Derick is that he's probably somewhat shy around women, has altruistic feelings (hence the time spent in Nepal), and is fundie-lite. Like many men, what is most appealing to him is probably an attractive young women with similar values who starts looking at him with stars in her eyes, laughs at his jokes, and otherwise shows him that he's most appealing in her eyes. I think once Jill decided she liked him, he was a goner. That's not necessarily bad and I hope they'll be very happy together.

My brother has a friend who met his wife when they became roommates. He, being a typical clueless guy, shy and awkward around women, soon found himself in a relationship with his roommate. I remember him telling my brother at the time: "She said we should be a couple," in a tone that indicated he wasn't quite sure what happened, but that he didn't want to argue with her. She decided he was viable boyfriend/husband material and he was easy pickin's. Nearly 20 years later, they seem happily married and have 3 daughters.

Yes, I kind of skipped over the "attractive young woman" part, that's an important part too of course :)

But can I ask, what makes you think that he is shy around women? From what I've seen of him, I thought he was confident, social, outspoken and, like you said, altruistic.

I agree they may really want lots of kids, and why not? Jill seems to genuinely love them and already has plenty of experience. She shouldn't be easily overwhelmed. Derick has skills and a job and I get the feeling he'd be a great dad. There are TLC $$s. Maybe there would be a financial strain if they had a ton of kids and wanted to send them all to college, debt-free.

Anddd McDaniel lost the primary. The Duggar streak goes unbroken!

There are a few races I'd love to see the Duggars get involved with, if you know what I mean... 8-)

Anddd McDaniel lost the primary. The Duggar streak goes unbroken!

There are a few races I'd love to see the Duggars get involved with, if you know what I mean... 8-)

If I was ever in an election, I would pay the Duggars to campaign for the other side just so I could win.

They are the kiss of death to any politician.

I am surprised that these people they campaign for aren't begging them not to show public support because it means they will lose.

It's amazing what a Duggar endorsement can do to a political race. I agree with you ILoveJellybeans, they seem to be unlucky.

I was watching the first few episodes of 17 kids and counting and I thought it was interesting how JB still talked to the camera as if he still had political ambitions. It came off to me as he was trying to relate to people that weren't from his culture and thought he was open to them(NY). I couldn't help but think, " I bet you think you are :shifty: "

If I was ever in an election, I would pay the Duggars to campaign for the other side just so I could win.

They are the kiss of death to any politician.

I am surprised that these people they campaign for aren't begging them not to show public support because it means they will lose.

I'm not so sure that they are the "kiss of death" so much as they are the final nail in the coffin.

Let's face it: the politicians the Duggars support are the extremist Christian types. That sort of political stance is generally on its way out. Everyone knows what the Duggars are and what they stand for, and although a large number of people may get on every internet site and proclaim that they are doing no harm to anyone and that they are raising children that are good in the face of a "godless" and "unrespectable" society, deep down they know that the Duggars' beliefs are oppressive and threaten their way of life.

If a person does not know much about a particular politician's stances and beliefs other than that they are conservative, or even if they do, once they see the Duggar name attached, they instantly recognize the "crazy people, too many kids, no birth control" and turn [further] away from voting for that person [that they likely would not have voted for anyway]. I really think the Duggars are the dried cement rather than the catalyst.

Your story about your brother's friend reminds me of a story about my friend's brother. ;) He writes for a popular satire website. One young woman took an interest in his writing and decided to look up his address online. She stalked him, showed up at his house, and then they started dating. They just recently got married. :shock:

He still doesn't know what the hell happened. I've met her and she seems nice, but still, :wtf:

Men are crazy. My uncle's stepson is a cop. He once pulled over a woman for speeding, but let her go with a warning. This woman worked for a police department in another city, and she used her connection to find his contact information and ask him out. He said yes and soon enough they became a couple. When she met his mother and my uncle she said something like, "When I saw him I just knew he was the one!" My uncle was telling me and few other relatives this story, and everyone was like, "Well, that's a bit unusual, but good for her for making the first move." I was the lone voice who said, and this is verbatim, "She's a fucking psycho!" In two languages. Long story short, 6 months later he, his mother, and his sister were getting restraining orders against this woman. When my uncle told us about it, his first words were, "Damn it, [lascuba], you called it."

According to his Instagram, Josh was at McDaniel's "victory" party in Hattiesburg, MS last night to witness McDaniel's loss. Duggars are the kiss of death. Politicans should start declaring their campaigns Duggar-free zones. Or secretly pay Duggers to campaign for their opponents.

If I ever see the Duggars campaigning for a Democrat, it will be obvious that the Duggars have finally figured out that whoever they campaign for loses and they are trying it out on Dems.

I'm right there with you. My friend and her family aren't bothered by the stalker aspect too much, and the brother isn't the brightest bulb in the chandelier anyway (even if his online articles are funny), just because the woman seems nice. But I'm thinking that the minute she gets really upset about anything, it's going to mean a lot of hell for all of them.

Okay, this is a long shot, but the Maxwells have been silent for a week and we presume they attended the Duggar nuptials. What if...IF...they were going because Stevie has found a suitor for Poor Sarah and he was going to be there and then...THEN...they are still on the road because they are spending time fellowshipping with his family?

Any chance?

I agree people see the duggars and realize what they stand for .

Their views are like fantasy and not many people agree with the ie ending abortion. I am shocked that even given the region of the country (heathen northerner here) that these candidates aren't winning.

Okay, this is a long shot, but the Maxwells have been silent for a week and we presume they attended the Duggar nuptials. What if...IF...they were going because Stevie has found a suitor for Poor Sarah and he was going to be there and then...THEN...they are still on the road because they are spending time fellowshipping with his family?

Any chance?

Hahahaha as if.

Poor Sarah is doomed to stay at home forever. She will still be single at Josie Duggar's wedding.

Stevie may have attended for the soul purpose of promoting their crap. The Duggar circle is much to worldly for socializing. Sarah will never marry.

Hahahaha as if.

Poor Sarah is doomed to stay at home forever. She will still be single at Josie Duggar's wedding.

Maybe some widower with 12 children? No, too much fun. She'll be the Edith of the family..... :violin:

Apart from being curious as to what the Maxwell's are up to this week; what does everyone think the Duggars are doing with themselves post wedding? Maybe, just starting to do the reception clean-up? Can Jana still practice her doula-ing without accountability Jill around? Are grandma and Joyless buried under mounds of laundry since I'm certain nothing was accomplished last week? J'uterus depressed? Is Jessa overwhelmed with the thought of marrying Ben AND snapping at everyone? Good thing the home-schooling is completed for the year-whew!

Maybe, just starting to do the reception clean-up? Can Jana still practice her doula-ing without accountability Jill around?

That's a good question, I bet it didn't occur to them when they started working that one would get married and leave the other without a partner. Most of us had the feeling that Jana was volunteering so that Jill would be able to be a midwife; that Jana wasn't really that interested in being a doula, so maybe she'll drop it without regrets, but it's a good thing that it wasn't Jana who got married and left Jill partnerless.

I agree people see the duggars and realize what they stand for .

Their views are like fantasy and not many people agree with the ie ending abortion. I am shocked that even given the region of the country (heathen northerner here) that these candidates aren't winning.

I disagree. People have always known what the Duggars stand for. Many people want an end to abortions. Most of the candidates the Duggars have endorsed were longshots. There are no political differences between Cochran and McDaniel(or am I wrong?). The Tea Party doesn't think Republican are doing enough for the conservative agenda. I just don't think it's the Duggars fault :shrug: .

I disagree. People have always known what the Duggars stand for. Many people wnat an end to abortions. Most of the candidates the Duggars have endorsed were longshots. There are no political differences between Cochran and McDaniel(or am I wrong?). The Tea Party doesn't think Republican are doing enough for the conservative agenda.

I think that in Mississippi most people would like to end abortion, whereas in most Northern states people are mostly pro-choice. But even in Mississippi people still want public schools and legal alcohol :D

I think that in Mississippi most people would like to end abortion, whereas in most Northern states people are mostly pro-choice. But even in Mississippi people still want public schools and legal alcohol :D

I agree, but Cochran won by a small margin because black Democrats voted in the primary. McDaniel could have won easily.

eta: Cochran might regret taking advantage of the open primary come November. Maybe a Democrat can win Mississippi :lol:

eta2: Rush Limbaugh is attacking black voters. He called them Uncle Toms :roll: and Sarah Palin says we need a third party for real conservatives :roll:

I don't think that Jana wanted to be a doula. I think J'Chelle and Boob thought that Jill needed a buddy, and Jana was forced to do it. Why can't the adult kids do things on their own? They're so worried about the bad world putting bad intentions in their minds. Get over it, J'Chelle and Boob! Your kids are miserable because of you.

Archived