IGNORED

LORI ALEXANDER: ON MODESTY

I cannot imagine Ken staying away from this topic. Didn't he actually suggest exactly how much breast was appropriate to show? Even giving fractions? I just can't remember if that was on here or the blog. Also, I'm pretty sure he is the one who used the term "Christian Risqué?"

Off to do some searching.

I cannot imagine Ken staying away from this topic. Didn't he actually suggest exactly how much breast was appropriate to show? Even giving fractions? I just can't remember if that was on here or the blog. Also, I'm pretty sure he is the one who used the term "Christian Risqué?"

Here's Lori's post about purity balls: lorialexander.blogspot.ca/2014/03/father-daughter-purity-dance.html

In response to this comment about the lack of modest dress:

I've never seen these purity dances in my community. Mind if I ask a few questions?

1. I don't want to pass judgment, but I'm wondering about the style of those dresses. I realize that these things will vary from one community to another, but I was surprised to see girls in their young teens wearing styles that look more appropriate for older women or even brides. To me, it also seems a bit strange to wear something that bare on top to an event which is about abstaining. My daughter is part of a girls group at our congregation, and the dress code for the graduation dinner dance clearly says that sleeves should be to the elbow and the neckline should be close to the collarbone.

2. In my community, there's a big emphasis on guarding against physical contact outside of marriage, but they don't use the term "purity". I'm wondering about the significance of the term. Is it scriptural? I'm also wondering in the emphasis is on someone's ongoing actions (for example, in my community, reserving physical contact for marriage also means that married men and women don't touch adults of the opposite gender unless it's something like a business handshake or medical situation), or if it's more of a state of being until the wedding?

Lori wrote:

1. Every place has their own guidelines for what modest clothing looks like. I have never been a part of a group that has the guidelines you mention.

and Ken wrote:

That surprises me Cynthia to hear about a group of young people reserving ALL physical contact for marriage. But I do not doubt you, but that is a conservative group.

Lori also wrote this about standards for modesty:

No Kim, we do not attend a "liberal' church. We believe all of Scripture is inspired by God. Our church, however, doesn't have standards of how women are to dress since the Bible doesn't. It just states that women need to be modest and this can become legalistic in churches about what that looks like.

Oh are my skinny jeans and tight low cut top really causing men to stumble Lori? Or are you just jealous coz as Aus size 6-8 ( US 0-2) and D-DD cup size in the words of Erin brockovich "I think I look nice and as long as I have one arse instead of two I'll wear what I want"

Maybe if you did a little sexy dance for poor old kenny boy he wouldn't keep ogling normally dressed women you dumb arse bitch. :hand:

Ken used the term "Christian risque" to describe how his own daughters sometimes dress. :shock: He was responding to a reader. Lori promptly deleted both his and the readers comment.

Didn't she once praise the women in a neo-Nazi/fascist group for their modest clothing, or am I thinking of another blogger? Whoever it was, they looked right past the group's vile ideology and instead focused on their godly necklines and hemlines. :shock:

Have you seen the length of her skirt on her daughters wedding??

Yeah, there's a rule about that. Lori did it, so it's okay.

I'm pretty sure that fell under the "Christian Risqué" fashion rule. Also, it is okay to show the knees if it is no more than 2 inches above the knee - maybe 2 1/8 inches if you have the right build. Oh and if you're Lori Alexander. If you're anybody else...well...you're a slut.

I'm pretty sure Ken's rules would be different for that sweet young Courtney he likes so much too. I don't think she's commented in a while. Hmmm. :think:

I'm pretty sure that fell under the "Christian Risqué" fashion rule. Also, it is okay to show the knees if it is no more that 2 inches above the knee - maybe 2 1/8 inches if you have the right build. Oh and if you're Lori Alexander. If you're anybody else...well...you're a slut.

I'm pretty sure Ken's rules would be different for that sweet young Courtney he likes so much too. I don't think she's commented in a while. Hmmm. :think:

I wonder if there's any correlation between Ken's visit to FJ and Courtney's sudden disappearance from Lori's blog. Cabinetman also quit posting there after he asked Lori to delete the posts she had made about him.

Very productive visit here Ken... :music-tool:

I wonder if there's any correlation between Ken's visit to FJ and Courtney's sudden disappearance from Lori's blog. Cabinetman also quit posting there after he asked Lori to delete the posts she had made about him.

Very productive visit here Ken... :music-tool:

My thoughts exactly. I hope Courtney's absence is because she realized how creepy Ken is and that she was tired of Lori being so snotty. But I also wonder if Lori blocked her.

I always laugh about how Ken rode in here to "defend" his wife and not only screwed that up royally; but ruined things for Cabinet Man too. Ken Alexander....If he can't ruin your reputation, nobody can.

I'd love to see his percentages for allowable boobage.

What's really fun is when you are a woman whose very body is considered immodest. Even if she wears the frumpiest of frumpers and the baggiest t-shirts and the plainest canvas shoes, she's still going to be branded an immodest slut because her body simply does not fit into the "modest" type as identified by so many fundies, and there is no way to hide certain things. Their very existence is considered an affront to fundies.

I know other former fundies here will know exactly what I'm talking about.

I have a friend with cerebral palsy. While she has no impediments when it comes to walking, her posture makes it look like she is sticking her butt out. She can't count the number of times she's been catcalled or had people comment on her body as if she is standing that way on purpose. (And even if she was standing that way on purpose, what business is it of theirs?) It's also almost impossible for her to find pants that fit her well.

She has none. She is a bitter, sanctimonious, hypocritical egomaniac.

I have a friend with cerebral palsy. While she has no impediments when it comes to walking, her posture makes it look like she is sticking her butt out. She can't count the number of times she's been catcalled or had people comment on her body as if she is standing that way on purpose. (And even if she was standing that way on purpose, what business is it of theirs?) It's also almost impossible for her to find pants that fit her well.

That is so sad. It really isn't anyone else's business.

What's really fun is when you are a woman whose very body is considered immodest. Even if she wears the frumpiest of frumpers and the baggiest t-shirts and the plainest canvas shoes, she's still going to be branded an immodest slut because her body simply does not fit into the "modest" type as identified by so many fundies, and there is no way to hide certain things. Their very existence is considered an affront to fundies.

ITA: if you're blessed the slightest bit in certain areas people give you the evil eye. i used to wear four layers on top just to be as much of a square as possible. :pull-hair:

8447620131227172156.jpg

They have their followers going around looking at boobs and legs just to be sure the ladies are modest enough. :lol:

Just wanted to point out that while I think her Daughter's wedding dress was very beautiful, it was by no means modest. In fact, I would call it form fitting and dare I say it...a little sexy. Not sure why she feels the need to stand on a soap box about modesty when her family clearly isn't in floor length frumpers? What is that all about?

She has none. She is a bitter, sanctimonious, hypocritical egomaniac.

This. Fundies always equate modesty with keeping the female body covered, but isn't modesty more about refraining from being a bitter, sanctimonious, hypocritical ego-maniac? About not pointing out how you do everything right? How good looking your kids are? How your friends are all still slim 35 years after college?

There is nothing modest about Lori Alexander and what she espouses.

Oh are my skinny jeans and tight low cut top really causing men to stumble Lori? Or are you just jealous coz as Aus size 6-8 ( US 0-2) and D-DD cup size in the words of Erin brockovich "I think I look nice and as long as I have one arse instead of two I'll wear what I want"

Maybe if you did a little sexy dance for poor old kenny boy he wouldn't keep ogling normally dressed women you dumb arse bitch. :hand:

What are you talking about? Lori actually said churches that had high modesty standards are too legalistic. I am sort of confused by your post in light of what is in the previous posts.

My thoughts exactly. I hope Courtney's absence is because she realized how creepy Ken is and that she was tired of Lori being so snotty. But I also wonder if Lori blocked her.

I always laugh about how Ken rode in here to "defend" his wife and not only screwed that up royally; but ruined things for Cabinet Man too. Ken Alexander....If he can't ruin your reputation, nobody can.

There was probably a Cabinetman and Ken falling out. I agree Ken really screwed up here and he failed at "defending" Lori. He also kept trying to downplay a lot of the shit Lori said on her blog about working women, treatment of animals, and womens' weight issues.

Ken also kept telling us that he did not really believe in spanking like Lori did, which infuriated me. If the headship doesn't approve of spanking - THERE SHOULD BE NO SPANKING!!!

:angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

I follow a few busty bloggers (they mostly do bra reviews, but also talk about things like body image and fashion for curvier figures.) A group of them all did individual posts on how being busty and the idea of modesty has effected them last year.

hourglassy.com/2013/05/the-modesty-panel/

Ken also kept telling us that he did not really believe in spanking like Lori did, which infuriated me. If the headship doesn't approve of spanking - THERE SHOULD BE NO SPANKING!!!

:angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

Ah, but their excuse is that while she was whacking the kids, sending them to their room and loaning out her nanny to clean other people's homes, (and poking holes in diaphrams, etc) she was Not Yet Submissive. It is only after her kids were close to leaving home and Ken said said their sucky marriage was on its last legs without kids to act as glue that she became all submissive. Now that she's old she's telling younger women to do as she says as opposed to what she did.

I find that every time I venture to their blog, I find it more horrific than the time before. The bitter bitch that she is just spews venom and calls it frosting.

Archived