IGNORED

Lori: Save $$$...let your kids do their own dental work!

Seriously, just what the fuck??? Is she really reposting the story of a woman who was so anxious to pay off the fucking house that she let her kid do her own dental work? Really??? :evil:

35~ Last year the dentist told me that Abbie had a problematic tooth which wouldn't come out without going to an orthopedic surgeon. As I mentioned before, we don't have dental insurance. So Art told Abbie he would give her $10 if she got that tooth out. I prayed and prayed, while she pried and poked at that tooth all summer. Finally, at the end of the summer, she got the tooth out! I'll never forget how excited we were. Now she has to have orthodontist work, but we have been praying and saving.

I am just sick. Who the hell does that?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, could someone please direct me to the quote feature? When I click the yellow one it labels it off topic. :think: I suck at change :lol:

Watch out for the next instalment: DIY root canals! Get your own gallbladder out, using a bread knife and a twist tie! Lori's frugal hip replacement - home edition!

Not to be nitpicky, but I wouldn't let any orthopaedic surgeons get anywhere near my kids' teeth either.

As long as they prayed on it, I guess it's all good.

Wow, I'm SO glad I am not the only one who after reading that particular post came right on over here in a rage! SERIOUSLY WTH IS WRONG WITH THAT MOTHER AND WHO WOULD THINK THAT IS A GOOD THING TO POST ON YOUR BLOG??? :evil:

Hey Lori, my daughter is missing both her lateral incisors. Do you recommend I use tic-tacs or spitballs to replace them? Do I stick them in with a hot glue gun or Gorilla Glue? Will God approve if I bedazzle them just a little?

Watch out for the next instalment: DIY root canals! Get your own gallbladder out, using a bread knife and a twist tie! Lori's frugal hip replacement - home edition!

Not to be nitpicky, but I wouldn't let any orthopaedic surgeons get anywhere near my kids' teeth either.

As long as they prayed on it, I guess it's all good.

Omg, I just saw that! I was so mad I didn't even notice that she didn't say orthodontist

And on a serious note: even in Canada, land of public medicine, dental insurance is an iffy issue as back in the day teeth were not considered a real organ and not deserving coverage. Things are slowly changing now, and you can get the most basic treatment for free AFAIK, but it's still a really good idea to have insurance.

We've maxed out on Headship's insurance since Cloudlet, the one with the missing lateral incisors, also had two impacted baby teeth that had to be taken out by a real surgeon, complete with anesthesia and all - no wiggling required. Luckily my insurance kicked in, but if I would still be working in my old place we would have to pay out of pocket. Don't tell me a nice Godly woman can't make a few extra bucks babysitting, running errands for people who are house-bound, tutoring or teaching if she has the education, doing yard work around the neighbourhood, even with her children in tow. But it's not about making a few hundred dollars, which runs the risk of making her feel empowered and in control of her life. No, it's about acquired helplessness, while letting your kids bear the consequences along the way. Apparently God doesn't like his believers to be self-sufficient. Funny but some of my religious friends are financially stable, independent, and still pray. Fundie logic at large, again.

My stay at home mother went back to work full time when I was 13 to pay for my braces and other 'extra' things my brother and I needed. I'm so appalled by this I can hardly see straight. :angry-banghead:

Of course this didn't raise a red flag for Lori because she routinely inflicted pain on her kids without blinking an eye. But decent parents know you don't make your kids suffer so that you can reach a goal.

That poor girl. Can you imagine living with the pain of a toothache for months and your parents not doing all they could to help you?!? I wonder if she ever got the orthodontic care she needed. She probably lived her whole childhood in pain because her teeth were in need of care.

This story just gives us another glimpse at the kind of people Lori admires.

Edited to spell "Lori" correctly. She has me that upset....

My thought exactly. :D

When I was a kid, I used to PRETEND to do my own dentistry.... Until I ended up with a real problem, then I ran straight to mommy, who was so shocked I actually WANTED a dentist appointment that she figured I was really in pain.

Yanno, like a decent parent, which Lori clearly is not.

Seriously, just what the fuck??? Is she really reposting the story of a woman who was so anxious to pay off the fucking house that she let her kid do her own dental work? Really??? :evil:

35~ Last year the dentist told me that Abbie had a problematic tooth which wouldn't come out without going to an orthopedic surgeon. As I mentioned before, we don't have dental insurance. So Art told Abbie he would give her $10 if she got that tooth out. I prayed and prayed, while she pried and poked at that tooth all summer. Finally, at the end of the summer, she got the tooth out! I'll never forget how excited we were. Now she has to have orthodontist work, but we have been praying and saving.

I am just sick. Who the hell does that?

O.O

Pulling an infected tooth can lead to a widespread infection. You. Do. Not. Do. That.

Another wonderful example of why Lori should not be a mentor to anything or anyone. Ken, how exactly do you explain this one away?

Oh, how interesting. And Lori's son is a dentist to beat all. I am totally sure he approves of that woman's home dentist care.

Oh, how interesting. And Lori's son is a dentist to beat all. I am totally sure he approves of that woman's home dentist care.

Yeah, I wonder if Lori will "consult" him and then come back and report to us. "For those of you who disagree with Laine's approach to dental care - I asked my son, the dentist, and he said it would not cause any permanent damage at all. As for the pain...that's what prayer is for."

Sorry, Lori, if I just stole your thunder.

Well with all this MOTHERS STAY AT HOME AT ALL COSTS! Stuff. Maybe Lori wants to retreat back to a time when all young girls got their teeth removed for their was it 18th or 21st? TOTALLY solve the problem of dental cost in the future ......nice set off wallies to sit on your shabby chic bedside table!! :sick:

When two of us lined up for some significant dental bills as teenager, my dad skipped the praying part completely and got a second job for a few months. What he did not do is get out his not insignificant tool collection and tell us to have at it.

Yeah, I wonder if Lori will "consult" him and then come back and report to us. "For those of you who disagree with Laine's approach to dental care - I asked my son, the dentist, and he said it would not cause any permanent damage at all. As for the pain...that's what prayer is for."

Sorry, Lori, if I just stole your thunder.

If her son says any such thing, then he's completely incompetent and just waiting for a malpractice suit, and I'd not send a gopher to him to treat much less a child.

If her son says any such thing, then he's completely incompetent and just waiting for a malpractice suit, and I'd not send a gopher to him to treat much less a child.

I wonder if she does post that you could copy it and send it to whoever the American dental association is as advice like that from a so called professional is dangerous. What is wrong with her? Whatever it is it's made for some fun snarking despite the screaming obscenities at her through the computer or phone, keep up the get fiction your writing Lori, you may get a best seller in the 'delusional fantasy' category for a fictional novel, you can even dedicate it to us at FJ. :lol:

No. Home dentist care??? Why cant they just get insurance???

Are they going to suggest people do their own surgery too?

I wonder if she does post that you could copy it and send it to whoever the American dental association is as advice like that from a so called professional is dangerous. What is wrong with her? Whatever it is it's made for some fun snarking despite the screaming obscenities at her through the computer or phone, keep up the get fiction your writing Lori, you may get a best seller in the 'delusional fantasy' category for a fictional novel, you can even dedicate it to us at FJ. :lol:

I could see her son saying, mom, are you crazy, you can't do that.

But she's fine.

She got lucky if she is. It's dangerous to do such things.

Later, she writes pray works and since it worked for her, it will be okay. Her son said she is okay even.

Something tells me Lori only hears what she wants to hear and damn the truth.

No. Home dentist care??? Why cant they just get insurance???

Are they going to suggest people do their own surgery too?

Lori's already given herself a lobotomy, so she has had some practice with that at home DIY surgery.

To be fair, dental insurance can be pretty expensive, depending on how many people you have to put on the plan. A lot of people just don't bother, and pay as they go (my mother does that). But that in no way excuses this woman from allowing her child to suffer all summer til the tooth finally came out. That's child neglect/abuse. :(

To be fair, dental insurance can be pretty expensive, depending on how many people you have to put on the plan. A lot of people just don't bother, and pay as they go (my mother does that). But that in no way excuses this woman from allowing her child to suffer all summer til the tooth finally came out. That's child neglect/abuse. :(

+1

Archived