IGNORED

HGTV Gives R.W. Extremist New Reality Show

DomWackTroll

"Last month, the HGTV network announced that it will launch a new reality TV show, 'Flip it Forward,' starring David and Jason Benham. The twin brothers will 'leverage their good-natured sibling rivalry to help families find a fixer-upper and transform it into the dream home they never thought they could afford.' What the announcement didn't mention is that at least one of the Benhams is not just a real estate dealer but also a dedicated right-wing activist in the mold of his father, Flip Benham, who has headed the abortion-clinic protest group Operation Save America ever since it split from the militant anti-choice group Operation Rescue."

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/h ... ty-tv-show

And look who wears their shirts:

twitter.com/DavidDBenham/status/463987570645286912/photo/1

I'll take the Property Brothers instead, thanks.

Love Property Brothers, even though I take all reality renovation shows with a grain of salt. The Liat and Zack episode was filmed in my area.

Love Property Brothers, even though I take all reality renovation shows with a grain of salt. The Liat and Zack episode was filmed in my area.

Oh, I never imagine anything is real. But it is fun to see the ideas in some of these shows.

HGTV has released a statement about the new show, saying they are now looking into the Benhams' positions -- what, nobody googled? :roll:

HGTV is generally a great place to see non-traditional couples set forward as "just plain folks." This is a disappointment.

Ugh! (on the Duggar wearing the Benham brothers shirts)

The Property Brothers are totally dreamy!

ETA: Several of their program hosts such as Vern Yip and David Bromstad are out gay men.* Nicole Curtis of Rehab Addict is a single mom. I think one of the hosts of a gardening show is out as well. And they've had same-sex couples on their house hunting shows for quite a while -at least since Sandra Rinamoto was the host of Property Virgins.

Not a lot of support for the "traditional" family here.

*I know that HGTV does do many decorating shows at the moment, but Vern and David still do work for network and are frequently in the magazine.

From HGTV's Facebook page:

HGTV has decided not to move forward with the Benham Brothers' series.

That was quick.

That was quick.

Glad to hear it.

That was quick.

Good.

From the comments under this article (which has been updated to include the fact that HGTV is not going ahead with it):

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/05/07/m ... c-schools/

I like how these guys were perfectly willing to have their show run on a channel that regularly features gay couples house shopping. Christians? Baloney. Money worshipping hypocrites? Yes.

Ugh! (on the Duggar wearing the Benham brothers shirts)

The Property Brothers are totally dreamy!

ETA: Several of their program hosts such as Vern Yip and David Bromstad are out gay men.* Nicole Curtis of Rehab Addict is a single mom. I think one of the hosts of a gardening show is out as well. And they've had same-sex couples on their house hunting shows for quite a while -at least since Sandra Rinamoto was the host of Property Virgins.

Not a lot of support for the "traditional" family here.

*I know that HGTV does do many decorating shows at the moment, but Vern and David still do work for network and are frequently in the magazine.

I have a big ol' crush on both of them.

I really appreciate that HGTV dropped the show in a "no muss, no fuss" kind of way. It makes it very clear that the Benham's kind of bigotry won't be tolerated.

Am I the only one who thinks at least one of the brothers (I don't know which is which) pings? :gay-rainbow:

I can't stand HGTV but I always thought the Property Brothers were cute while flipping by.

The Twins released a statement today:

. . . We were saddened to hear HGTV’s decision. With all of the grotesque things that can be seen and heard on television today you would think there would be room for two twin brothers who are faithful to our families, committed to biblical principles, and dedicated professionals. If our faith costs us a television show then so be it.â€

The rest is at benhambrothers.com/statement

Link broken because it's their website.

"Last month, the HGTV network announced that it will launch a new reality TV show, 'Flip it Forward,' starring David and Jason Benham. The twin brothers will 'leverage their good-natured sibling rivalry to help families find a fixer-upper and transform it into the dream home they never thought they could afford.' What the announcement didn't mention is that at least one of the Benhams is not just a real estate dealer but also a dedicated right-wing activist in the mold of his father, Flip Benham, who has headed the abortion-clinic protest group Operation Save America ever since it split from the militant anti-choice group Operation Rescue."

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/h ... ty-tv-show

bleah. I saw an ad for this show on another channel I watch and it looked like it might be pretty good. I thought I might give it a watch. Well I'm glad that this information it out there now and I won't be watching it now.

I can't stand HGTV but I always thought the Property Brothers were cute while flipping by.

The Twins released a statement today:

Well, isn't that just the perfect Persecuted Christian hurt fee-fees statement? :roll: You forgot the part about how you are taking your baseball and going home, and a stamped foot to punctuate it, boys.

Let me just reach into the clue bucket and fish this out for you -- your faith didn't lose you anything, it was your hate and bigotry that did it.

Am I the only one who thinks at least one of the brothers (I don't know which is which) pings? :gay-rainbow:

No, at least one of them looks like he's so deep in the closet that he left Narnia behind.

I think HGTV realized pretty quick that the public's reaction to this show was not going to be kind. At least have to give them props for knowing how to keep their network out of trouble, and be respectful of their viewers. A lot of channels would just say "f the public, we're airing it anyway."

I think my main question would be, why would HGTV ever go for this when they already have Property Brothers? Aside from the part about "biblical principles" the new show sounds exactly like PB*, right down to the part about them being twins :?

*I have no idea what Drew and Jonathan's religious beliefs are, but they seem to work well with families of all stripes, including gay/lesbian couples, blended families and single parents :shrug:

I'm so glad they pulled the plug on that travesty of an idea. I rarely watch TV at home, but I travel for work quite a bit and HGTV is my go-to channel at hotels. I know they will always have some sort of programming with interesting places and people and I would have felt guilty watching a network that supports hatred-in-the-name-of-god (are you listening, A&E??)

:angry-banghead: They are already calling for write ins like they did to A& E.

:angry-banghead: They are already calling for write ins like they did to A& E.

Well, we need to write in, as well, supporting their decision to pull the show.

Well, we need to write in, as well, supporting their decision to pull the show.

Somebody needs to tell these guys (and the Duck Dynasty family) that not having a TV show is not persecution. Nobody has a constitutional right to be a reality star. What HGTV did was capitalism in action. They figured that the number of people that they would offend by having the Bentham brothers on would be greater than those who would be attracted to them. If the shoe was on the other foot, they wouldn't be complaining.

Spanky on FB: “Unless the Lord build the house they labor in vain who build it. God bless you and stay strong @BenhamBrothersâ€

facebook.com/rcsprouljr/posts/10202128683518040

They were working with Lisa Metzger from Charlotte and they were to be on their sixth episode. The anti choice mom who has adopted several children, including an older daughter who seems to do most of her work for her. She also takes all her children, including toddlers, to the abortion clinic to harass those going in. That is where the tie in to the brothers occur. They work together at cities4life.org/

Lisa has been on FB whining about the persecution. HGTV did a good thing in cancelling the show.

They were working with Lisa Metzger from Charlotte and they were to be on their sixth episode. The anti choice mom who has adopted several children, including an older daughter who seems to do most of her work for her. She also takes all her children, including toddlers, to the abortion clinic to harass those going in. That is where the tie in to the brothers occur. They work together at cities4life.org/

Lisa has been on FB whining about the persecution. HGTV did a good thing in cancelling the show.

Oh, brother! I did not know that about Lisa Metzger being on the proposed show. That makes me even more glad that HGTV didn't green light it.

Btw, I sent a short note to HGTV thanking them for ashcanning the show.

Archived