IGNORED

Lori Alexander - bizarre rambling today

An Elmo gif. Dancing on the potty. Scared of a thunderstorm. Playing with a doll. Kids are funny.

That was like some kind of fundie-drug-related-trip. Is she taking too much pain meds?

My favorite was her little disclaimer about the video so we'd know there's no way her granddaughter could ever have watched such a thing.

It's like she's trying to change her blog into something more like a lifestyle blog. "Gardening is nice! I'm redoing my living room! Grandchildren do the darndest things!"

My favorite was her little disclaimer about the video so we'd know there's no way her granddaughter could ever have watched such a thing.

Little Emma would never commit the sin of watching Sesame Street!

I just assumed it was in direct response to a thread on page 1 of FJ last week where we discussed her grandchildren knowing she's a monster and being scared to be around her. Kenny...come back outside to play!!!!!!

Maybe after Ken's visits to FJ, he convinced Lori that she needed to show a less harsh, monster-y side so that people would take her more seriously. Maybe this is her attempt to seem like a "nice" blogger. Haha!

Maybe after Ken's visits to FJ, he convinced Lori that she needed to show a less harsh, monster-y side so that people would take her more seriously. Maybe this is her attempt to seem like a "nice" blogger. Haha!

Yes, I told him flat out, that I missed the grandmotherly love in her posts, she is always about disciplining, power struggles and such. Never about her big lovely blue eyes, the cute things they do and say like a normal grandmama does.

Apparantly they took all the criticism at heart and the result....a completely incoherent piece of how ....what...??? grandchildren are.

The black and white, non emotional yet godly personality is painfully obvious. But I think there is more going on than a flat affect only. Never mind, god created her, so it is all good.

:pray:

I guess it's better than posts on the joys of inflicting pain on children and the benefits of force-feeding them.

Yes, I told him flat out, that I missed the grandmotherly love in her posts, she is always about disciplining, power struggles and such. Never about her big lovely blue eyes, the cute things they do and say like a normal grandmama does.

Apparantly they took all the criticism at heart and the result....a completely incoherent piece of how ....what...??? grandchildren are.

The black and white, non emotional yet godly personality is painfully obvious. But I think there is more going on than a flat affect only. Never mind, god created her, so it is all good.

:pray:

I think you are right, this is her attempt at showing us what a loving, fun grandma she is. But it comes off as forced.

That video is from "Elmo's Potty Time", a DVD that I have seen umpteen thousand times with my boys. I imagine I'll have to watch it when the girl child potty trains, and now I'll think of Lori. Yay. ;) (I already think of Lori at almost every diaper change. Girl Child wiggles happily as I mock scold 'Now what would Lori say???')

As far as the rambling...hmm. Maybe Lori put away the frozen peas and finally discovered pain meds.

Wow... that IS really bizarre. It reminds me of the weird stream-of-consciousness comments that Taryn used to post (and which I will eternally miss).

Her post today really irks me; it's just another un-Christian, judgmental diatribe against women who don't keep an immaculate home. My favorite part? When she tells us she sent her nanny over to clean a neighbor's house because the neighbor kept a filthy house. Since she won't publish my comment over there, may I address her here?

LORI!! Do you ever even stop and read your own posts and consider the tone they set? Do you realize how pompous and elitist you sound when you talk about having your nanny go clean another woman's house? But that's not the worst of it! Can you for one minute stop and think that maybe a woman has a filthy house because she is overwhelmed? Overwhelmed with illness? Fatigue? Worries? My own house suffered tremendously when I was going through a bout of depression and I did not have a nanny to keep things going. Can you for one minute just STOP and consider each person as an individual and then look into WHY they struggle the way they do? We all know you managed to keep a perfect home and provide perfect meals, even when you were very ill. Good for you. But not everyone has the resources you have. You know, you were not doing the Christian thing by sending your nanny over to clean a neighbor's home if you were then, even years later, going to disparage that neighbor about the "filth" she lived in . That's called gossip, Lori. It's called gossip when you talk about "this friend" or "that neighbor" and their filthy homes. My kids were not raised in an immaculate home but they were certainly raised in a compassionate one and taught to speak kindly of their neighbors and refrain from judging others. Did your children hear you and your nanny discussing the "filth" their neighbors lived in? Nice example for your kids.

Her post today really irks me; it's just another un-Christian, judgmental diatribe against women who don't keep an immaculate home. My favorite part? When she tells us she sent her nanny over to clean a neighbor's house because the neighbor kept a filthy house. Since she won't publish my comment over there, may I address her here?

LORI!! Do you ever even stop and read your own posts and consider the tone they set? Do you realize how pompous and elitist you sound when you talk about having your nanny go clean another woman's house? But that's not the worst of it! Can you for one minute stop and think that maybe a woman has a filthy house because she is overwhelmed? Overwhelmed with illness? Fatigue? Worries? My own house suffered tremendously when I was going through a bout of depression and I did not have a nanny to keep things going. Can you for one minute just STOP and consider each person as an individual and then look into WHY they struggle the way they do? We all know you managed to keep a perfect home and provide perfect meals, even when you were very ill. Good for you. But not everyone has the resources you have. You know, you were not doing the Christian thing by sending your nanny over to clean a neighbor's home if you were then, even years later, going to disparage that neighbor about the "filth" she lived in . That's called gossip, Lori. It's called gossip when you talk about "this friend" or "that neighbor" and their filthy homes. My kids were not raised in an immaculate home but they were certainly raised in a compassionate one and taught to speak kindly of their neighbors and refrain from judging others. Did your children hear you and your nanny discussing the "filth" their neighbors lived in? Nice example for your kids.

:clap:

Today's post is just another example of Lori's total lack of awareness of anyone else's life. Usmcmom, you said it. Did Lori ever once ask if the neighbor needed help or if she was dealing with some difficult times? Depression, other mental illness, abuse, financial hardship, etc., could all have been a factor in the neighbor's home. But, instead of being Christian or just being a decent human being, Lori sends over her nanny- :angry-banghead: - and talks severe shit years later. Seriously, Lori, grow up and act like a human who actually gives a shit about other humans.

Today's post is just another example of Lori's total lack of awareness of anyone else's life. Usmcmom, you said it. Did Lori ever once ask if the neighbor needed help or if she was dealing with some difficult times? Depression, other mental illness, abuse, financial hardship, etc., could all have been a factor in the neighbor's home. But, instead of being Christian or just being a decent human being, Lori sends over her nanny- :angry-banghead: - and talks severe shit years later. Seriously, Lori, grow up and act like a human who actually gives a shit about other humans.

There is a scene in "The Help" where it is mentioned that one of the employers stated in her will that the maid was to be left to the employer's daughter. Lori's "loaning" her nanny to the neighbor made me think of that scene.

There is a scene in "The Help" where it is mentioned that one of the employers stated in her will that the maid was to be left to the employer's daughter. Lori's "loaning" her nanny to the neighbor made me think of that scene.

I didn't even think about that. Just makes it even worse.

I was just going to post something similar. People don't choose to live in filth. This could have been a post filled with compassion for those who struggle with hoarding, anxiety disorders, and OCD. Of course in Lori's world, those don't exist.

dirty house=bad housekeeper because you're not a SAHM.

Sounds like she abused the nanny, too. A nanny is a professional who is there to help you raise your children. She may, in her contract (wanna bet Lori's nanny had no contract?) agree to light housekeeping, children's meal preparation etc., but under absolutely no circumstances should she be expected to clean someone else's house. That's just plain abuse! I remember when I had a nanny for my children a neighbor asked if she could send over her toddler for the day as her own child care plans had fallen through. I said it was entirely up to my nanny if she wanted to look after the child, and if she agreed, I would expect the neighbor to pay her for her time.

Archived