IGNORED

Hey Kids, Did You Know The War on Easter is a Thing?

GolightlyGrrl

Sounds like a desperate move by Fox News. Are their numbers dwindling?

Well, I shouldn't stereotype but doesn't Fox News have an older demographic? Maybe they are dying off. Then again I know plenty of liberal folks over the age of 50 and there are quite a few younger folks who are quite conservative.

Everytime that I'm desespered by Le Figaro, a "conservative" newpaper (and called it convervative is very rude for the other conservative...), I read things about Fox News. It remembers me that la connerie is universal...

("Les cons ça osent tout, c'est même à ça qu'on les reconnaît..." idiots dare everything, it's even how we recognize them...)

They are such tools at Fox News. Unlike this year, we don't usually even celebrate Easter on the same Sunday as the western church, and it still is far more important a holiday than Christmas for us. No need for the government, or the schools, or even the stores* to back us up or acknowledge the holiday.

*OK, we are usually pretty happy to scoop up the 1/2 price Easter candy :shifty-kitty: , but that is just not going to be possible this year. :shrug:

And then there's the Puritan Board's take on Easter, which is that we celebrate the resurrection every Sunday, and treating Easter as a church holiday is making an ordinance of something that isn't mandated by scripture, and plus maybe "Easter" = "Ishtar":

puritanboard.com/f15/celebrating-easter-pagan-73407/

puritanboard.com/f67/church-you-attend-lead-having-special-services-week-67218/index2.html#post862009

And yet, so many fundie types want to co-opt the passover seder BECAUSE JESUS. I'm guessing this is less of an issue for fox news :roll:

When did it become a war on everything, Was on Christmas, a war on Halloween a war on Easter etc etc? I just don't remember so much hoopla when I was younger.

When did it become a war on everything, Was on Christmas, a war on Halloween a war on Easter etc etc? I just don't remember so much hoopla when I was younger.

When a democrat was elected president and the conservatives decided they cant let that happen again. What better way to make sure that no liberal person is elected than to convince everyone that everything they love is under attack?

I was just thinking today about how a lot of people have said "Happy Easter" to me and how I was a little taken aback. Not because it's "wrong" per se, but because I'm Jewish, so it always takes me a second to realize what's going on. You know why? Easter isn't on my radar. I always say "you too!" back because most people don't care about this kind of thing sorry, Fox!

Archived