IGNORED

Doug Phillips is a Tool and Vision Forum is Dead - Part 8

Boogalou

I think he probably originally came for the Doug gossip and then thought he could school us all with his "intellect". When it became clear he was not going to win, he left.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think he probably originally came for the Doug gossip and then thought he could school us all with his "intellect". When it became clear he was not going to win, he left ran away.

Fixed that for you.

I can't help wondering how many of his fruit trees got frost bite while he was obsessively trying to edumacate us with loooonnnng posts every 10 minutes or so over one whole night. He wasn't exactly keeping the home fires burning. :twisted:

Of course they love the south....

.theocracywatch.org/civil_war_canadian_review.htm

With over ten thousand members, the League professes a commitment to constructing this new CSA (Confederate States of America) based on a reading of Christianity and the Bible that can be identified as “Christian nationalist.†This position is centred upon what we identify as the theological war thesis, an assessment that interprets the nineteenth-century CSA to be an orthodox Christian nation and understands the 1861–1865 US Civil War to have been a theological war over the future of American religiosity fought between devout Confederate and heretical Union states. In turn, this reasoning leads to claims that the “stars and bars†battle flag and other Confederate icons are Christian symbols and the assertion that opposition to them equates to a rejection of Christianity.

The article is long and has some familiar names and ties to this blog post about Dougie, his mixing of Southern Traditions, Racism and God. Not new to us, but relatively well documented, if old news now that the scandal hit.

racistchurches.wordpress.com/category/doug-phillips/

The Tool is thankfully done in the fundamentalist homeschooling arena. I won't hold out hope that the ridiculous historical revision curricula and CSA crap will go the way of tool's allousar or whatever fossil they allegedly unearthed in a week.

What would have been the odds that the tool would have re-branded and found a new audience to dupe (given he forcibly left the Christian homes chool scene) and been moderately successful had Lourdes not filed her complaint? When is the court date scheduled? Too early still?

Will some of his children reject his ideology and see him for the asshat he truly is? Will Beall?

The Tool is thankfully done in the fundamentalist homeschooling arena. I won't hold out hope that the ridiculous historical revision curricula and CSA crap will go the way of tool's allousar or whatever fossil they allegedly unearthed in a week.

What would have been the odds that the tool would have re-branded and found a new audience to dupe (given he forcibly left the Christian homes chool scene) and been moderately successful had Lourdes not filed her complaint? When is the court date scheduled? Too early still?

Will some of his children reject his ideology and see him for the asshat he truly is? Will Beall?

I believe that Power Tool Doug has a sister who is not in Vision Forum/ Fundie circles. I don't know how much contact she might have with the kids, but she could be a good influence.

I believe that Power Tool Doug has a sister who is not in Vision Forum/ Fundie circles. I don't know how much contact she might have with the kids, but she could be a good influence.

Doug's sister moved to a different country, so I don't think she would see them very often in person. He does have other siblings though-his brothers are complete tools as well, but we don't hear much about the other sisters.

The opera-singer sister is in Europe but there's also an actress-sister who's in NYC. Neither posts much on public FB about any gigs. Another sister has (IIRC) at least one college-graduate child, looked to be a garden-variety upper middle class wife & mom, well-dressed and not Fundie-appearing at all.

The opera-singer sister is in Europe but there's also an actress-sister who's in NYC. Neither posts much on public FB about any gigs. Another sister has (IIRC) at least one college-graduate child, looked to be a garden-variety upper middle class wife & mom, well-dressed and not Fundie-appearing at all.

They're like a fucked up version of the Royal Tenenbaums.

They're like a fucked up version of the Royal Tenenbaums.

How fucked up do you have to be, to be the "fucked up" version of the Royal Tenenbaums? :lol:

This is not mentioning that one of his brothers acted selfishly in a way that got people killed. He was part of filming a documentary in another country, about people being persecuted. The people doing it were told not to release the footage before they could edit out anything that could identify the people or the locations they were in, but he stole the footage and released it anyway and got the subjects of this film killed.

Interesting that so many siblings are in the performing arts. And then there's diminutive Dougie, wanna-be actor, director, producer, writer -- actual con man. Playing to a captive audience and fleecing them at every turn. Pretending to be a holy man while jacking off on the nanny's face. Sounds like a movie plot, or a modern-day Rasputin.

This is not mentioning that one of his brothers acted selfishly in a way that got people killed. He was part of filming a documentary in another country, about people being persecuted. The people doing it were told not to release the footage before they could edit out anything that could identify the people or the locations they were in, but he stole the footage and released it anyway and got the subjects of this film killed.

To overly complicate matters, I researched that story about Brad Phillips a bit. Yes, he was involved in the Persecution Project but the sole source I could find for his being responsible for the deaths of Christians in the Sudan was the (unpleasant but anti DP and VF) Ministry Watchman: ministrywatchman.wordpress.com/2006/12/28/film-fraud-a-phillips-family-tradition/

The man behind the Ministry Watchman is reputedly the vile Kinist Peter Kershaw (AKA Frank Vance) who is very possibly also TW Eston of Jen'sGems. Kershaw detests the Phillips family, although he was once buddies with Howard Phillips. He also went after Sproul, Jr and Ligonier Ministries because Sproul wasn't racist enough for his, Kershaw's, taste. As people may have noticed, I don't like Peter Kershaw.

Having said that, Rev. Hammond and the Persecution Project itself seem highly suspect, so Brad Phillips may well be a Tool too. Here is just one article on the Persecution Project, although I have no idea of the accuracy of the reporting these claims are also reported elsewhere: Christian 'slave redeemers' linked to pro-apartheid militants: iviews.com/articles/Articles.asp?ref=IV9912-755

I like none of these people.

Interesting that so many siblings are in the performing arts. And then there's diminutive Dougie, wanna-be actor, director, producer, writer -- actual con man. Playing to a captive audience and fleecing them at every turn. Pretending to be a holy man while jacking off on the nanny's face. Sounds like a movie plot, or a modern-day Rasputin.

The common denominator appears to be a need for lots and lots of attention.

How is it that the women of this family turned out so well and the men turned out so horribly?

I don't know, maybe they raised the boys differently to the girls as kids, and raised the boys in a way that encourages them to be assholes.

Alessandra says her dad encouraged her love of music and her dreams. So, theres that. Maybe none of the boys had very good dreams and they were shot down or not encouraged?

What does the youngest son - Samuel - do?

What does the youngest son - Samuel - do?

He's an "actor." And possibly a white supremacist blogger? There's one with the same name, but I'm not sure it's him.

He's an "actor." And possibly a white supremacist blogger? There's one with the same name, but I'm not sure it's him.

I think someone here found that they were not the same person.

I don't have time to look up the details now -- on my way out to work -- but I feel responsible to at least chime in, since I was one of the people who took us down the road of thinking they were the same guy, the last time this came up.

So if the youngest brother is not the white supremacist and is a normal guy, the statistics for the Phillips kids aren't that bad. Seems most of them turned out okay and non toolish.

How exactly do you raise a sociopath/psychopath/narcissist? What went wrong with Doug the Tool? Or is it just a random genetic thing that isn't related to bad parenting.

I see there still aren't any updates over at Jen's Gems. It leads me to believe that they really weren't interested in anything other than getting some sort of weird revenge on Dpugie after all. I also think that Peter Kershaw/ TW Eston got upset that he got scooped in a big way after going on and on about how he was going to reveal everything all in good time. Looks like Petey packed up his toys and went home.

I just did a little digging, and it turns out that Samuel Joshua Phillips was a bonus baby for the late Howard and Peggy - born when eldest child Doug was 21.

Which means Sam is now 28.

One year younger than Ms. Torres-Manteufel.

Time for me to stop digging. That's just made me go "huh," and not in a good way...just the fact that Doug's "baby" brother is a year younger than Doug's target, makes me feel especially unpleasant, some how.

Just FTR,

Doug's born in 1965,

his sister Amanda in '66

Brother Brad in '68-

Sister Jennifer in '74-

Sister Alexandra in '78.

So Doug and Beall, probably, are 13 years older than the sister they tried to bully into staying in Texas, warning her that she was hellbound if she continued to pursue a career as an unmarried woman.

and Samuel Joshua born in '86

Hm mm mm mm mm..... Makes me twitch and not in a good way :wink-penguin:

ETA that the minute I clicked "submit" I realized why it creeps me out a bit. My eldest turns 40 next year. If ever I thought about cougarin' up with a guy that much younger than me, I couldn't have helped but think, "Egads, he's the same age as Junior #1!"

But I can't identify with Doug w/r/t Samuel. My youngest sibling was only a few years after me, maybe the shudder factor is less when it's one's sibling, as opposed to one's child.

Still .... ick.

I see there still aren't any updates over at Jen's Gems. It leads me to believe that they really weren't interested in anything other than getting some sort of weird revenge on Dpugie after all. I also think that Peter Kershaw/ TW Eston got upset that he got scooped in a big way after going on and on about how he was going to reveal everything all in good time. Looks like Petey packed up his toys and went home.

I think the revenge at Jen's Gems was primarily aimed at Lourdes from the get go, and Doug was gravy. It was Jen who publically dropped the breadcrumbs so that Lourdes could be identified without her having to spell out a name. Jen blamed Lourdes for shunning Jen's daughter after they were excommunicated, and she made sure she took the opportunity to get even. As for TW, he has never lived down the humiliation of being first put in his place and then scooped by what he no doubt considers a mere uppity woman like Julie Anne.

The only piece I do not understand is who fed Mrs. Robinson to Easton and for what purpose?

I think the revenge at Jen's Gems was primarily aimed at Lourdes from the get go, and Doug was gravy. It was Jen who publically dropped the breadcrumbs so that Lourdes could be identified without her having to spell out a name. Jen blamed Lourdes for shunning Jen's daughter after they were excommunicated, and she made sure she took the opportunity to get even. As for TW, he has never lived down the humiliation of being first put in his place and then scooped by what he no doubt considers a mere uppity woman like Julie Anne.

The only piece I do not understand is who fed Mrs. Robinson to Easton and for what purpose?

I agree about the Mrs. Robinson angle. That was such a non sequiteur. (I hope I spelled that correctly)

I agree about the Mrs. Robinson angle. That was such a non sequiteur. (I hope I spelled that correctly)

Yeah, I think they just threw it in because Mrs Robinson had done something to piss off Jen or TW at some point, so they threw her under the bus for page views. If they wanted to mention that Doug was hypocritical by shaming members of his cult for having premarital sex but letting others flirt with interns and have consensual sex outside of marriage, they didn't need to name her or give away too much. I think its because they didn't like her. She adds nothing to the story. At first, I thought that bit would go somewhere, like she was also sleeping with Doug or was blackmailing him into keeping quiet about her affair by threatening to tell everyone that he was doing sexual things to Lourdes...but no. Nothing at all. As far as we know, she has nothing to do with it. Shes just a random person they added in for the hell of it.

Archived