IGNORED

Doug Phillips is a Tool and Vision Forum is Dead - Part 8

Boogalou

Yeah, I think they just threw it in because Mrs Robinson had done something to piss off Jen or TW at some point, so they threw her under the bus for page views. If they wanted to mention that Doug was hypocritical by shaming members of his cult for having premarital sex but letting others flirt with interns and have consensual sex outside of marriage, they didn't need to name her or give away too much. I think its because they didn't like her. She adds nothing to the story. At first, I thought that bit would go somewhere, like she was also sleeping with Doug or was blackmailing him into keeping quiet about her affair by threatening to tell everyone that he was doing sexual things to Lourdes...but no. Nothing at all. As far as we know, she has nothing to do with it. Shes just a random person they added in for the hell of it.

All of the above.

Re. Mrs R: I think Jen wanted be in a favored position at VF/BCA like a Mrs R -- and was pissed as hell that someone else succeeded where she failed. So they painted Mrs R as a whore.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What truly irked me about that whole episode was posting a photograph of Ms. R and another woman -- a gross violation for her as well as the unidentified person who I'm sure would not want to be dragged into the whole mess. Certainly a way of violating both women's boundaries.

Also, TW's use of the term "cougar" was utterly repellent.

What truly irked me about that whole episode was posting a photograph of Ms. R and another woman -- a gross violation for her as well as the unidentified person who I'm sure would not want to be dragged into the whole mess. Certainly a way of violating both women's boundaries.

Also, TW's use of the term "cougar" was utterly repellent.

She posted a pic of Lourdes as well, claiming the ring she was wearing was an engagement ring Doug had given her.

I bet she was just sooooo happy when she heard all this had happened. It was the perfect chance for her to come out with all of this stuff, and not only could she post things about her least favourite VF people, she would get tons of hits to her website as everyone is nosey about what is going on, and she would be applauded for being so brave to tell all :roll:

Maybe I missed it somewhere, but who was the whistler blower in this whole thing? According to Julie Ann at SB, Doug was confronted in 2008 by a member of BCA then people began talking, but there was no evidence of wrongdoing. Somebody had to leak the information. Who was it? I'm specifically referring to 2008 not after.

She posted a pic of Lourdes as well, claiming the ring she was wearing was an engagement ring Doug had given her.

I bet she was just sooooo happy when she heard all this had happened. It was the perfect chance for her to come out with all of this stuff, and not only could she post things about her least favourite VF people, she would get tons of hits to her website as everyone is nosey about what is going on, and she would be applauded for being so brave to tell all :roll:

Sigh. This is exactly my experience there. Although we'd never been part of VF or patriarchy (I didn't even know VF was connected to patriarchy), I was on their mailing list as a result of a homeschool conference I went to once. So when the news hit about the scandal, I was shocked and went looking for details. I spent about two weeks going down the rabbit hole at Jen's Gems, and it was a very weird experience. I'm just glad I ended up here.

Edited typos

How do we know Doug said such horrible things to his sister? I've seen this referenced twice now, and I'm curious. Link someone?

How do we know Doug said such horrible things to his sister? I've seen this referenced twice now, and I'm curious. Link someone?

Since I'm the one who mentioned it, I'll give a kind-of answer.

I don't know for a fact. I've only heard it from someone here who had a private conversation with Alexandra. Reportedly Alexandra told her that story, and Alexandra made it clear that while she did not understand or agree with her brother, she loved him very much.

I promise to stop telling the story here until the person who first related it confirms it.

All of the above.

Re. Mrs R: I think Jen wanted be in a favored position at VF/BCA like a Mrs R -- and was pissed as hell that someone else succeeded where she failed. So they painted Mrs R as a whore.

Jen just wants to be back in Doug's good graces, and sitting on the right side of his throne.

I think the revenge at Jen's Gems was primarily aimed at Lourdes from the get go, and Doug was gravy. It was Jen who publically dropped the breadcrumbs so that Lourdes could be identified without her having to spell out a name. Jen blamed Lourdes for shunning Jen's daughter after they were excommunicated, and she made sure she took the opportunity to get even. As for TW, he has never lived down the humiliation of being first put in his place and then scooped by what he no doubt considers a mere uppity woman like Julie Anne.

The only piece I do not understand is who fed Mrs. Robinson to Easton and for what purpose?

She actually did use Lourdes's name in one of the earlier posts, ostensibly speculating on who it might be. I don't want to go back to her blog, but I remember her saying that a nanny like Lourdes Torres, or any other girl who acted as their nanny, would be the perfect victim for Doug. She didn't say "It was Lourdes!" but why name her otherwise?

I am getting a little restless for more news on the Doug Phillips: Tool front. We are in desperate need of some new "tasty morsels", or (preferably) serious dirt. Shouldn't he be making a public appearance at some hearing or deposition or something?

I imagine him dressed in his best French Revolution attire, sitting at a window in his attic, sighing tragically, yet manfully, over his exile to the suburbs. "Able was I ere I saw...San Antonio"...

I guess that Jimmy Swaggart-esque Redemption Tour is going to be delayed. You know Dougie had already planned his wardrobe.

Doug Phillips is a tool.

I am getting a little restless for more news on the Doug Phillips: Tool front. We are in desperate need of some new "tasty morsels", or (preferably) serious dirt. Shouldn't he be making a public appearance at some hearing or deposition or something?

I imagine him dressed in his best French Revolution attire, sitting at a window in his attic, sighing tragically, yet manfully, over his exile to the suburbs. "Able was I ere I saw...San Antonio"...

I guess that Jimmy Swaggart-esque Redemption Tour is going to be delayed. You know Dougie had already planned his wardrobe.

Doug Phillips is a tool.

Shouldn't that be French Rebelution? Oh...wait...wrong fundies...

I don't know if this has been posted yet (because I'm too lazy to pick through all the Vision Forum threads) but I just saw this on the Vision Forum Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/visionforum/ph ... 64/?type=1

"Less than seventy-two hours after her marriage to Nolan Manteufel last Friday night, Lourdes-Torres Manteufel approached the national media with numerous false and salacious claims against Doug and Beall Phillips. Today she filed a lawsuit against Vision Forum, Inc., Vision Forum Ministries and Doug Phillips. The following is a statement form the litigation counsel for Vision Forum, Inc. Doug and Beall Phillips to Mrs. Torres-Manteufel’s statement to the press. Further updates will be provided as necessary and appropriate. We greatly appreciate your prayers for Doug, Beall, the Phillips children, Mrs. Torres Manteufel and all involved."

Again, sorry if this is a repost.

I think someone here found that they were not the same person.

I don't have time to look up the details now -- on my way out to work -- but I feel responsible to at least chime in, since I was one of the people who took us down the road of thinking they were the same guy, the last time this came up.

He is NOT the same person

I don't know if this has been posted yet (because I'm too lazy to pick through all the Vision Forum threads) but I just saw this on the Vision Forum Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/visionforum/ph ... 64/?type=1

"Less than seventy-two hours after her marriage to Nolan Manteufel last Friday night, Lourdes-Torres Manteufel approached the national media with numerous false and salacious claims against Doug and Beall Phillips. Today she filed a lawsuit against Vision Forum, Inc., Vision Forum Ministries and Doug Phillips. The following is a statement form the litigation counsel for Vision Forum, Inc. Doug and Beall Phillips to Mrs. Torres-Manteufel’s statement to the press. Further updates will be provided as necessary and appropriate. We greatly appreciate your prayers for Doug, Beall, the Phillips children, Mrs. Torres Manteufel and all involved."

Again, sorry if this is a repost.

It annoys be that in both the statements from Phillips that I've read he makes a point of informing us all that Lourdes filed her complaint so soon after her wedding. He's implying that Nolan is the driving force behind it all and once again denying that Lourdes has the agency of an adult.

It annoys be that in both the statements from Phillips that I've read he makes a point of informing us all that Lourdes filed her complaint so soon after her wedding. He's implying that Nolan is the driving force behind it all and once again denying that Lourdes has the agency of an adult.

I actually read them as a jab that was saying "what the hell sort of newlywed has time for this?"

(which I see 3 insults in fundie circles. 1-that she was 'chewed gum' by DPIAT, so being a newlywed isn't as "new and exciting" as it 'should be', 2-that Nolan is not 'man enough' to distract her away from this lawsuit/isn't chasing her around enough and 3-that she's still pining after Doug, in spite of being married.

[in case it's not obvious, I don't think any of those are true, I just think that's what DPIAT wants their followers to read between the lines])

I am the person who talked with Alexandra Phillips. Since the whole scandal erupted, I haven't spoken with her. She's in Germany pursuing her dreams. When DP quit, I told her and she said she emailed Beall and got a reply from her. She asked me not to tell her anything else and I am respecting her wishes. She's a bright talented woman who should not be brought down because of her asshole brother.

I hope this clears things up.

Re: Doug Phillips is a Tool and Vision Forum is Dead - Part

by anniebgood » Wed May 07, 2014 6:16 pm

I am the person who talked with Alexandra Phillips. Since the whole scandal erupted, I haven't spoken with her. She's in Germany pursuing her dreams. When DP quit, I told her and she said she emailed Beall and got a reply from her. She asked me not to tell her anything else and I am respecting her wishes. She's a bright talented woman who should not be brought down because of her asshole brother.

I hope this clears things up.

Thank you, anniebgood.

I'm with you in wishing only the best for Alexandra. Thank you for letting us know the above info – I won't ask for a miniscule morsel more. But would the irony be absolutely delicious if Alex were able to help Be-all out of what Be-all once told her was the snozz -- the only way to live?! Okay, no more of this. ;)

Thank you, anniebgood.

I'm with you in wishing only the best for Alexandra. Thank you for letting us know the above info – I won't ask for a miniscule morsel more. But would the irony be absolutely delicious if Alex were able to help Be-all out of what Be-all once told her was the snozz -- the only way to live?! Okay, no more of this. ;)

She has now closed her private facebook page and opened a performer one. I think people who knew the family put 2+2 together and it got too painful for her. The fallout is falling far and wide from DPIAT and hurting people who should not be hurt.

It must be hard, knowing that someone you grew up with did such an awful thing to someone.

Over at spiritualsoundingboard, there are quite a few comments on JA's article pointing out how Stacy M and Kelly 2CB have stopped using the word patriarchy, but of course not the philosophy.

It makes me see red, it really does. If you are not ashamed of what you believe in, why disguise it as something else?

There's something in the Bible about not being ashamed of the Gospel of Christ.

Seems to me that Stacy and Kelly are doing an equivalent thing to those Jehovah's Witnesses who approach you while you're working in the front yard and offer their help and friendship -- within some time, you realize they are using the cover of "friendliness" with an eye toward recruiting you to their doctrines.

Not cool, oh ye followers of DPIAT/R, not cool. :liar:

• 2 weeks later...

Found! At a large hipster used dvd and cd store. No doubt the workers at this place have no clue who either of these people are..

Looks like it was sold to them last month. Guess I should be glad someone was getting rid of their copy... Wonder if Michelle knows where Beall is?

post-9940-14451998916576_thumb.jpg

Two or three years ago I set up an Ebay alert for the Return of the Daughters DVD. Bought one off Ebay maybe two years ago but never bothered to cancel the alert.

Until Tool'OWeen, perhaps one alert every month or two came through for that item. Since the downfall of Doug Phillips Is A Rapist, I must get at least one or two alerts a week which tells me people may finally be seeing the light about patriarses and their BS.

Archived