IGNORED

Doug Phillips is a Tool and Vision Forum is Dead - Part 8

Boogalou

WC says that he used to work with Doug and that they were friends. I posit that WC is a former intern or the like and is here at someone's behest. I find the whole "just looking for info" unconvincing, to say the least.

Place your bets over here, ladies and gentleman.

Will this be the first and/or only thing WC answers when he comes back tonight?

My magic 8 ball says that the answer will be "Nope -- already answered that. Most of you people have a real problem with reading comprehension."

Psssst, W -- cinyluvs24 might have read your answers about that already, and . . . brace yourself . . . not believe you.

Me? I don't care. If every word he says is true, or if he is a minion or even DP, it doesn't make much difference. He certainly hasn't had an effect on our attention to, and condemnation of, Doug's filth.

I do lean towards his being a garden-variety shmo who was just looking for stuff about Doug, then couldn't resist telling us all off.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My magic 8 ball says that the answer will be "Nope -- already answered that. Most of you people have a real problem with reading comprehension."

Psssst, W -- cinyluvs24 might have read your answers about that already, and . . . brace yourself . . . not believe you.

Me? I don't care. If every word he says is true, or if he is a minion or even DP, it doesn't make much difference. He certainly hasn't had an effect on our attention to, and condemnation of, Doug's filth.

I do lean towards his being a garden-variety shmo who was just looking for stuff about Doug, then couldn't resist telling us all off.

Personally, I think WC is here purely because of schadenfreude. Enjoying that high that comes when someone else fails at being as awesomely Christ-like as you. And he apparently has children of brilliance and I suspect if we asked, his wife and her golden uterus are simply the joy of his being and he's never had cause to stumble because of her constant adoration.

Personally, I think WC is here purely because of schadenfreude. Enjoying that high that comes when someone else fails at being as awesomely Christ-like as you. And he apparently has children of brilliance and I suspect if we asked, his wife and her golden uterus are simply the joy of his being and he's never had cause to stumble because of her constant adoration.

I think WC(can we call him Water Closet?) initially came here to victim blame and stayed for the attention.

Do you think DPIAR will be forced to auction his costumes? Maybe we could buy them and wear them to a FJ cosplay convention?

If I can ever afford it, I really need to get Photoshop.

They have a new thing now where you can pay by the month for any of the adobe software. If you agree to a year, it's only $20/month. I think if you go month-to-month it's $30/month. I have been wanting to get illustrator for YEARS, but didn't feel like I could really justify the expense given that I would then have to get upgrades periodically. I did the math (ok I had my husband do the math) and figured out that the monthly thing is really pretty reasonable when compared to plunking down the cost for the program/upgrades, so now I have my much wished for Illustrator.

It's called creative cloud. Here is a link to it: https://creative.adobe.com/plans?sdid=K ... 18222044:s

I never said all Scripture was easily understood by all laymen. Certainly there are some things where context might need to be studied more fully. Like where Jesus himself uses a word that elsewhere in the Bible it says will get you condemned to Hell fire.

Fixed it for you. And yeah, if you're going by the word itself, they're pretty much the same thing. By the meaning of the word in the context in which it was used? Could be a different story.

NO! NO NO NO NO!!!!!

You edited my post, but I pointed out to you exactly why the answer is NO. They are TWO DIFFERENT WORDS. They do not have the same meaning. One is a noun and one is an adjective. They are NOT the same word. I don't know how much more clear I can make it.

They are not using the word by itself, in context, out of context, in a bus, in a train, with a goat, on a boat, the same word. Nor do they have the same meaning. EVER. They are not synonyms. EVER.

THEY ARE NOT THE SAME WORD *tap tap* is this thing on???

Words have meaning. Why does every fundie we get here not understand this?

This appears to sum up WC's view of Doug Phillips Is A Rapists's actions:

adult.jpg?w=558

h/t to Julie Anne at SSB for the link to Crecmemes (crecmemes.wordpress.com/2014/04/18/she-was-an-adult/)

They have a new thing now where you can pay by the month for any of the adobe software. If you agree to a year, it's only $20/month. I think if you go month-to-month it's $30/month. I have been wanting to get illustrator for YEARS, but didn't feel like I could really justify the expense given that I would then have to get upgrades periodically. I did the math (ok I had my husband do the math) and figured out that the monthly thing is really pretty reasonable when compared to plunking down the cost for the program/upgrades, so now I have my much wished for Illustrator.

It's called creative cloud. Here is a link to it: https://creative.adobe.com/plans?sdid=K ... 18222044:s

Even professionals don't upgrade very often. I only upgraded from CS2 when OSX stopped supporting Rosetta. As soon as you stop subscribing you will lose access to any file that you have not saved in an old version. CC files are not backwardly compatible with anything. You are better off buying a copy of Illustrator CS5.5 cheap. Then it's yours for good. You can still upgrade later, but at least you actually own something.

There is a reason professionals haven't been flocking to Creative Cloud. At some point Adobe will raise their prices, and then what?

And VF Ministries provides some more clarity to the situation (visionforumministries.org/home/about/biblical_patriarchy.aspx):

April 17th Statement of the Vision Forum Ministries Board by the Board of Vision Forum Ministries, April 17, 2014

In September of 2013, the board of Vision Forum Ministries was informed by Mr. Phillips that he had been involved in an inappropriate extra-marital relationship with a woman who had asked that her identity be kept confidential. At that time, Mr. Phillips agreed to resign from the board of Vision Forum Ministries and was told that the matter would be further investigated. After investigating the situation, the board took further action which ultimately included closing the ministry in November of 2013. At no time did such action include advising anyone to threaten or intimidate Mrs. Torres-Manteufel to secure her silence regarding the relationship. To the contrary, the board's position was that the involvement of Mr. Phillips in the relationship should be confessed publicly and that the sinful nature of the relationship required that the ministry discontinue operations. The board did not know of this inappropriate relationship prior to September of 2013.

Even professionals don't upgrade very often. I only upgraded from CS2 when OSX stopped supporting Rosetta. As soon as you stop subscribing you will lose access to any file that you have not saved in an old version. CC files are not backwardly compatible with anything. You are better off buying a copy of Illustrator CS5.5 cheap. Then it's yours for good. You can still upgrade later, but at least you actually own something.

There is a reason professionals haven't been flocking to Creative Cloud. At some point Adobe will raise their prices, and then what?

I actually have cs6 though it rather than the cc version, though I do have access to the CC version as well.

NO! NO NO NO NO!!!!!

You edited my post, but I pointed out to you exactly why the answer is NO. They are TWO DIFFERENT WORDS. They do not have the same meaning. One is a noun and one is an adjective. They are NOT the same word. I don't know how much more clear I can make it.

They are not using the word by itself, in context, out of context, in a bus, in a train, with a goat, on a boat, the same word. Nor do they have the same meaning. EVER. They are not synonyms. EVER.

THEY ARE NOT THE SAME WORD *tap tap* is this thing on???

Words have meaning. Why does every fundie we get here not understand this?

But... But...Curious....

He has a penis. And he's an intellectual. He said so.

It's just your silly girl-brain that makes you think words have meaning.

:doh:

How can we argue with an INTELLECTUAL? :stir-pot:

And VF Ministries provides some more clarity to the situation (visionforumministries.org/home/about/biblical_patriarchy.aspx):

And Beall goes under the bus

I grew up with A Beka textbooks, not Bob Jones, but I too remember a lot of history lessons that turned out to be not very accurate once I joined the real world and went to college. A little off-topic, but The Wonkette did a hilarious and very revealing series on the historical inaccuracies of BJ and A Beka history books starting here: http://wonkette.com/481427/things-you-c ... eal-part-i (not broken b/c it's an ungodly secular satire site, ya know).

I had to write a report on Emily Dickinson and in our text books she was portrayed as this shallow, ungodly woman who wasted her life, but for the report I got to read actual books about her and ended up liking her. I wish I could remember one of the history text books we used, it wasn't Bob Jones or A Beka but it was still heavily biased to make sure Christians in history always looked good.

Yes, I can see it now: the sexual abuse will be Lourdes' fault and the coverup + intimidation will be Beall's fault. Doug Phillips Is A Rapist will be blameless! :angelic-innocent:

Women are always to blame. We must remember this at all times. :roll:

Haha. We were homeschooled, and my mom loves telling the story of how my brother found a gross inaccuracy in a Christian history text and proved it using two library books as sources. He was in first grade. It was secular history books for us after that.

When I was prepping to homeschool my son, finding decent premade curricula without a religious slant was hard! I could avoid the obvious ones, but others claim to be secular by just omitting the controversial stuff. Ugh. I found a secular company that has some decent choices, but I use several "spine" books so I can be sure we're getting several takes on things just in case.

Back to the Vision Forum/DP topic, I think it's sad that some families will probably be forever divided over this. Sure, they shouldn't have placed their faith in such a shady group, but some were raised in it and it seemed normal to them. Others probably really loved the family first preaching and bought into the other crap later. The emphasis on family, even if much of it was for show, just makes it sadder to me that this will destroy some families.

Well, it does follow the Christian doctrine of women and children first.

But... But...Curious....

He has a penis. And he's an intellectual. He said so.

It's just your silly girl-brain that makes you think words have meaning.

:doh:

How can we argue with an INTELLECTUAL? :stir-pot:

Plus his kids have tested higher than my average public school kids so......let's say it together...

He wins this argument.

Let's take a moment to review what Westchamps has said:

- he is disgusted/disappointed/(insert disapproving feeling of your choice here if I'm getting it wrong, W) by Doug's recent actions. He does think Doug is more to blame than Lourdes (although, if I remember correctly, it took a long time for him to say that).

- we lump Fundamentalists together into one stereotype of being uneducated hicks and bumpkins, who openly hate and scorn all women.

- his kind of Christian teaches women to submit to their husbands, not all men.

- he has not flounced.

- Christians don't use coarse language -- the fact that this did not seem to be Jesus' first priority is moot.

- we think people can't change.

- he won't change any of his opinions.

Since he keeps picking out the instances where FJers say something that he thinks contradict the above, it might be prudent to avoid doing so, or make even the slightest appearance of doing so.

Sums it up.

Why, you ask? Because repeatedly answering those (non-)issues, accusing us of not reading him for comprehension or of trying to change him, and reacting with scorn to things that sound inflammatory to him, seems to be part of his way of acting like he is actually in this conversation, without dealing with other challenges:

- he seems to have an inconsistent view of whether the entire Bible is the inerrant word of God (in English, in whatever version he is reading), understandable by all, or a complex historical work that is sometimes in need of context and interpretation, but won't address his inconsistencies.

- he won't address blatant discrepancies in the Bible (the two Creation stories, for example).

- he ignores any analogies, links, articles, or personal stories that try to explain to him how someone can descend into feeling helpless enough that it is hard to just say "knock that off, perv" and call the police when abused (I think he lives in the Fundamentalist version of Lake Wobegon, where all of the men are pure and protective, all of the women are strong and empowered, and all of the children are perfectly safe at all times).

- he feels strongly that Doug has changed since he knew him, but won't say when that was or what the changes are, avoiding what could be an interesting discussion of ingrained narcissism vs. falling for the pull of self-righteousness, power and money, and how/whether evil people are born/made.

- he refuses to address whether he thinks other types of Christians are actually Christians.

Disclaimer 1 -- I'm not telling anyone else how to post, just reacting to the patterns I see in his posting.

Disclaimer 2 - he has a perfect right to ignore what he wants and answer what he wants, of course.

:D

The board did not know of this inappropriate relationship prior to September of 2013.

They're so full of shit. Voddie Baucham--by his own now-deleted admission-- knew in the Spring of 2013, but the VF board didn't know until September? Yeah, right.

Plus his kids have tested higher than my average public school kids so......let's say it together...

He wins this argument.

Well maybe his kids can explain to him that they are NOT the same word and they don't mean the same thing ;)

He wins this argument.

Side note, as a homeschooled kid, I've always hated the assumption (especially by fellow homeschoolers!) that we were either freakishly smart or just plain freakish. By the time you're a college sophomore, no one can tell most of us were homeschooled because no one asks about it anymore and the majority of us don't have the info tattooed on our foreheads. /end unrelated rant directed nowhere

They're so full of shit. Voddie Baucham--by his own now-deleted admission-- knew in the Spring of 2013, but the VF board didn't know until September? Yeah, right.

Maybe SOME of them didn't know, like Jim Zes way up in Missouri, but how much would you want to bet that Don Hart didn't know... after all, he was the legal council for Doug for a while and is not that far away, and his fellow attorney is married to the daughter of Bob Sarratt (BCA elder). It would be shocking if he didn't know well before the other board members.

Wow. Did this little bit of checking on the NCFIC website and it looks like SB and DH are in Austin tomorrow... any FJr's down in the Austin area want to go to a "leadership" conference?

ncfic.org/events/view/austin-church-leaders-meeting

I'll go one step further and opine that Doug will use our little forum as an example of why it's impossible for him to get a fair break in an anti-Christian, anti- Doug world.

Jingerites: Prepare to be quoted!

I am not surprised, but I am sad for her. I highly doubt she and I would get along or like each other, but this statement from the board (on which I call bullshit) has got to hurt a lot. It's a classic narcissistic tactic to use people until they become a liability, then discard them. Even if they're your spouse.

Archived