IGNORED

Priscilla & David Waller - Pecan Thieves Pregnant Again!

happy atheist

Just got done watching the fabulousness that was David and Priscilla's weddding, and has anyone ever noticed Susanna Keller's face behind Gothard when hes talking about the "roles of a marriage"? its hysterical!!

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just got done watching the fabulousness that was David and Priscilla's weddding, and has anyone ever noticed Susanna Keller's face behind Gothard when hes talking about the "roles of a marriage"? its hysterical!!

It starts at 19:20, in case you don't want to sit through Gothard's speech again. Lord knows I didn't. :ew:

I'd forgotten the whole 'marriage isn't about love' business...could have fooled me!

Susanna's facial expressions were always priceless. And yes, hearing Gothard preach like that, I'd give him a stink eye too.

Susanna's facial expressions were always priceless. And yes, hearing Gothard preach like that, I'd give him a stink eye too.

Who is the yawning guy behind Susanna? Is he one of the brothers?

A boy will get another plain boy name.

A girl needs a name to top Sauntina. I'm sure David has something delightfully creative in mind.

I agree. I have a feeling a boy will be another "P" apostle so Peter (as in what Pecan thinks about at night hehehe) but a girl will be something totally out there to top Sauntina and Agape. Isn't there a woman named Zsipporah or Tsipporah in the Bible? My vote is that. :ew:

It could also be something as gawd awful as Heistheway.

I agree. I have a feeling a boy will be another "P" apostle so Peter (as in what Pecan thinks about at night hehehe) but a girl will be something totally out there to top Sauntina and Agape. Isn't there a woman named Zsipporah or Tsipporah in the Bible? My vote is that. :ew:

Better Zipporah than Hepzibah, IMO.

I keep lobbying for Rahab for a girl, but fundies do not listen to me.

I think they'll want "P" names for boys and "D" names for girls - so what are the more out-there biblical "D" girl names?

Dorcas wins for out there.

On the tamer side, Deborah. I guess Dinah is out because she must have been asking for it. :roll:

If they want to stick with biblical names they're going to have a challenge using only one or two first letters. Since Paul got David's middle name (both William) maybe they'd do the same for a girl (Lynn?) or use some version of Sue for D&P's moms.

I guess Dinah is out because she must have been asking for it. :roll:

But Dinah follows the traditional gender roles and knows her place....in the kitchen. :lol:

I think they'll want "P" names for boys and "D" names for girls - so what are the more out-there biblical "D" girl names?

Damaris.

She's probably not on an approved fundie author list, but a very prolific Christian (mostly historical) fiction author, Janette Oke, has written a book entitled A Woman Called Damaris (or maybe it's 'Named' - one of those!) that Priscilla may have heard of.

Otherwise she'd likely only find her name by searching since Damaris is only mentioned once.

But she's one of the only D ones that's also positive in connotation also!

Basically all it says is that she believed. Given most of the very few other feminine D names, it's probably the most likely choice aside from Deborah...so if they stick with those two letters and have many kids it'll likely be used.

They are really going to have to pray for a lot of boys if they have a lot of kids and only used P or D because apart from Priscilla, Phebe/Phoebe is really the only real likely usable female P name from the Bible (one other but it'd be pretty out there...the others don't have positive connotations so would be very odd choices along with being unusual names!)

I don't think they're going to do a theme... most people don't. I could see them sticking with very traditional biblical names, like Mary, Ruth, or Elizabeth for a girl, John, Peter, or Stephen for a boy, and using family names as well.

I rewatched a bit of the wedding video to see Suze's reaction to Goth. It had 'douchebag' written all over it. Something I did notice tho, when Pris reached the altar she and Davey kept mouthing words at each other. He really seemed anxious to get to her! Kept looking at her through the prayer until she finally looked at him. It was almost heterosexual. That seems dead now.

I go with Peter if it's another boy.No clue really,for a girl.Paula or Paulette would be too close to Paul.

Maybe Pamela or Patricia if they are going for P names.maybe Patrick or Phillip for a boy.

I like Phillipa for a girl.

I rewatched a bit of the wedding video to see Suze's reaction to Goth. It had 'douchebag' written all over it.

I'd never watched the video. I just watched the Gothard part, and the idea that anyone sees this man as a leader boggles my mind.

To a certain extent I'm not surprised, because so much the fundie stuff sounds bizarre, illogical, anti-Jesus, and offensive to me, and yet those people seem to love it.

But this speech was also just a mess -- rambling, disorganized, and badly-delivered.

Maybe he was more charismatic when he was younger, and they are still just nodding along with their memories of what they think they remember he said.

:shrug:

I don't think they'll go with a letter theme, but I could see them do an Apostles theme for the boys. Girls I'm not so sure, but if I had to bet, I'd go with women in the New Testament who had relatively unusual names. Like Junia, Tryphena, and Tryphosa.

Damaris.

She's probably not on an approved fundie author list, but a very prolific Christian (mostly historical) fiction author, Janette Oke, has written a book entitled A Woman Called Damaris (or maybe it's 'Named' - one of those!) that Priscilla may have heard of.

Otherwise she'd likely only find her name by searching since Damaris is only mentioned once.

But she's one of the only D ones that's also positive in connotation also!

Basically all it says is that she believed. Given most of the very few other feminine D names, it's probably the most likely choice aside from Deborah...so if they stick with those two letters and have many kids it'll likely be used.

They are really going to have to pray for a lot of boys if they have a lot of kids and only used P or D because apart from Priscilla, Phebe/Phoebe is really the only real likely usable female P name from the Bible (one other but it'd be pretty out there...the others don't have positive connotations so would be very odd choices along with being unusual names!)

Puah is one of the two midwives credited with helping save infant Israelites when Pharaoh called for killing them. I can imagine a couple of fundie, pro-life activists naming a daughter that, especially if they were going to be home-schooling and didn't have to worry about their daughter being called "Poo-head" on the playground.

Delilah? :D

Probably not though, considering her role as temptress, responsible for Samson's loss of locks and strength. Not your 'keep sweet and submissive' type, really.

Or they could go for the names of the not so godly characters. There won't be any other fundies naming their girls Jezebel, Atheliah, Gomer or Tamar. Or their boys Herod, Nebuchadnezzer, Esau or Cain.

Or they just go for the plain old obscure; I doubt anyone in the US has used Peleg, Shecaniah, Zelophehad, or Sanballat lately.

I vote for Tamar. My middle name is Tamar. I like it. She was getting a raw deal from some greedy bastards in a time when women really couldn't take care of themselves, and she found a way to make them do right by her. While making the men look like idiots. She was a biblical badass.

Currently watching so I can see her face! Did you notice that the mothers of the bride and groom had matching outfits? I've never seen that before.

Edit: Are the Kellers really that close to the Duggars? Just noticed James, Justin, and Jackson were in the wedding party. I knew Jana was a bridesmaid, but she and Pris knew each other from JTTH. There were a number of little girls but I could not tell if Hannie, Jenny, and Jordyn were among them.

Oh my gosh! After the just married couple walks out of the church the pastor gives a sermon about salvation. He leads a prayer so a guest can ask Christ into his or her life? Isn't everyone they would invite ALREADY a Christian? I have never seen a wedding like this one.

Currently watching so I can see her face! Did you notice that the mothers of the bride and groom had matching outfits? I've never seen that before.

Edit: Are the Kellers really that close to the Duggars? Just noticed James, Justin, and Jackson were in the wedding party. I knew Jana was a bridesmaid, but she and Pris knew each other from JTTH. There were a number of little girls but I could not tell if Hannie, Jenny, and Jordyn were among them.

Oh my gosh! After the just married couple walks out of the church the pastor gives a sermon about salvation. He leads a prayer so a guest can ask Christ into his or her life? Isn't everyone they would invite ALREADY a Christian? I have never seen a wedding like this one.

Hannie was one of the flower girls. Then Rebekah's two girls, one of Esther's daughters, and Kynzie.

Haven't watched this in quite awhile, so I don't know if the outfits were exactly identical, but this sort of happened to me! My mom and MIL coincidentally wore the. exact. same. shade. of dress to my wedding, without coordinating it at all. Different cuts to the dresses, though.

And re: Kellers & Duggars, they are linked through Anna, of course (therefore the Duggars had the excuse of dragging the whole clan to the wedding). I assume they knew each other through various ATI things.

1. At least they waited until the bridal party had gone. I know of numerous occasions where the altar call has been part of the actual wedding proceedings.

2. Nonstandard services are a chance to preach to the 'unsaved'. Aunt Tammy who grew up Christian but who doesn't attend, or who attends the 'wrong' church up the road, or who only comes on Christmas and Resurrection Sunday might get just get convicted and get saved. Or Jaynee, whose the pastor's wife and who is constantly convicted of what a dirty rotten sinner she is, might come and get saved (again-she's hoping it sticks this time and she can live up to the impossible standard she's set for herself).

3. An altar call at a wedding is not classy, but it's a hell of a lot better than at a funeral. Yes, really. It happens. Nothing like a bit of hard teachin to win groeving souls.

Archived