IGNORED

Priscilla & David Waller - Pecan Thieves Pregnant Again!

happy atheist

The tone of the blog post was telling, in my opinion. Most peoples' blog posts about expecting a new baby would be very positive but David spins it into a "let Pris admit her failures and shortcomings about being a mother" post which, in my opinion, is very rude. I do not know how either of them truly feel about the new baby but spinning a typically happy piece of news into a self-deprecating post for Priscilla is almost.... I don't know how to say it.... Cruel? Maybe that's too strong of a word. What I mean to say is, that type of reflective self criticism doesn't belong in a pregnancy announcement. Especially when the husband is the one authoring the post.

I agree.I'm feeling like the vid was punishment for Priscilla 'getting herself knocked up'.Lord knows David may have been trying to prevent that,at least for now?

As in,ok cilla..Lord knows you are not perfect,so..tell them how you covet the nbors...tell them how you feel inadequate as a wife n mother...tell them how you cry out to God at night to be better at those things.. don't I tell you how blessed you are just to have a warm place to sleep,clothes on your back and a roof over your head? Learn to be thankful and grateful to God for what you get ... etcccccc...I mean it was over the top.

It makes me wonder what he says to her off camera,is he critical of her most of the time?

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The right thing to do when you are filming your wife and she talks about being a failure in all aspects of life :x is this: Stop recording, put down the camera, hold your wife close and talk to her.

David - you are being a dickhead husband.

I agree.I'm feeling like the vid was punishment for Priscilla 'getting herself knocked up'.Lord knows David may have been trying to prevent that,at least for now?

As in,ok cilla..Lord knows you are not perfect,so..tell them how you covet the nbors...tell them how you feel inadequate as a wife n mother...tell them how you cry out to God at night to be better at those things.. don't I tell you how blessed you are just to have a warm place to sleep,clothes on your back and a roof over your head? Learn to be thankful and grateful to God for what you get ... etcccccc...I mean it was over the top.

It makes me wonder what he says to her off camera,is he critical of her most of the time?

If he's that critical of her on camera/in public, I seriously doubt he is any better behind closed doors. In fact, he probably thinks he has more leeway to mistreat her when nobody is looking/listening. The worst part is that she likely doesn't question any of it, and just takes every verbal blow. What an asshole.

The other thing we gotta remember in reading David's words, tone, bearing, etc, in the pregnancy announcement and other recent posts is that the deposing of Gothard surely has rocked his world. For a cult member to have his high holyman dethroned is big stuff, especially when David likely witnessed and participated in plenty of the organizational wranglings as Gothard was brought to step aside.

It makes sense to me that right now David is less gooey cooey lambie-pie bedazzled by the stuff of the IBLP life, both professionally and personally, than he was even a few months ago. He's still metabolizing, and probably grieving, the loss of Gothard--David's Humpty-Dumpty had a great fall and Dave, as King's horseman, can't put Humpty-Bill back together again. It makes sense to me that David is preoccupied, distracted, even dismissive.

And, we gotta remember that David lives in IBLP housing, he was a rising star at the hand of Gothard, and his job must have seemed secure as he flanked Gothard. He was Gothard's guy and Gothard is 'gone' (if not really gone). David's future may be or seem to him troublingly uncertain.

As we've observed in this thread, Pa Keller doesn't seem to offer much to his leave and cleave daughters. If IBLP pink slipped him, I doubt Dave would be invited to take over the prison ministry and live with Pris and Paul and li'l Pecannie in the Keller compound camper trailer in Florida.

Davey posted this on Twitter... Sounds like he's definitely reflecting on insecurity:

Is ur treasure secure? Jesus must be your greatest treasure if u want security, cuz people, positions, power can b taken, but Jesus can't b!

Or maybe it's just his usual bollocks...

Sophrosyne, I'm not trying to be rude, but I don't care if Davey's life has been rocked by the scandal or if he is concerned about his job or if he is disenchanted by Gothardism right now. I SIMPLY DON'T CARE. NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING gives him the right to take it out on Priscilla and treat her the way that he did in that video. A loving husband would have hugged her, told her he loved her, and been happy anyway, no matter what reservations he may have had. In my book, there is no excuse for his behavior. NONE. The way he treated her was, imo, verbally abusive and ugly. Also, with his spelling and grammar on Twitter, he has no room to be irritated at Priscilla for what he perceives to be a lack of intelligence.

The other thing we gotta remember in reading David's words, tone, bearing, etc, in the pregnancy announcement and other recent posts is that the deposing of Gothard surely has rocked his world. For a cult member to have his high holyman dethroned is big stuff, especially when David likely witnessed and participated in plenty of the organizational wranglings as Gothard was brought to step aside.

It makes sense to me that right now David is less gooey cooey lambie-pie bedazzled by the stuff of the IBLP life, both professionally and personally, than he was even a few months ago. He's still metabolizing, and probably grieving, the loss of Gothard--David's Humpty-Dumpty had a great fall and Dave, as King's horseman, can't put Humpty-Bill back together again. It makes sense to me that David is preoccupied, distracted, even dismissive.

And, we gotta remember that David lives in IBLP housing, he was a rising star at the hand of Gothard, and his job must have seemed secure as he flanked Gothard. He was Gothard's guy and Gothard is 'gone' (if not really gone). David's future may be or seem to him troublingly uncertain.

As we've observed in this thread, Pa Keller doesn't seem to offer much to his leave and cleave daughters. If IBLP pink slipped him, I doubt Dave would be invited to take over the prison ministry and live with Pris and Paul and li'l Pecannie in the Keller compound camper trailer in Florida.

I'm wondering if David thought he would be the next guy in line for the position,and he didn't get it,of course...Chris Hogan is at least the (temp.) guy.

I do wonder what he was celebrating though...he may have gotten some kind of promotion out of this?

I'm wondering if David thought he would be the next guy in line for the position,and he didn't get it,of course...Chris Hogan is at least the (temp.) guy.

I do wonder what he was celebrating though...he may have gotten some kind of promotion out of this?

From what I've seen, when these kinds of things happen, people in David's position either stop drinking the Kool Aid completely or they become even more fervent than before. Will be interesting to see what happens.

From what I've seen, when these kinds of things happen, people in David's position either stop drinking the Kool Aid completely or they become even more fervent than before. Will be interesting to see what happens.

I just hope Priscilla and Paul and any other kids they may have don't pay the price for this.I have seen many marriages spilt over much less.I have also seen many men walk away from their families,men whom you would never think would do so.It happens.

Sophrosyne, I'm not trying to be rude, but I don't care if Davey's life has been rocked by the scandal or if he is concerned about his job or if he is disenchanted by Gothardism right now. I SIMPLY DON'T CARE. NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING gives him the right to take it out on Priscilla and treat her the way that he did in that video. A loving husband would have hugged her, told her he loved her, and been happy anyway, no matter what reservations he may have had. In my book, there is no excuse for his behavior. NONE. The way he treated her was, imo, verbally abusive and ugly. Also, with his spelling and grammar on Twitter, he has no room to be irritated at Priscilla for what he perceives to be a lack of intelligence.

I agree.I hope someone pulls him aside on this and speaks to him about it.I also hope the vid gets removed,but I'm not holding my breath.The last thing Davey would do is admit he is wrong and has treated Priscilla poorly.

On a lighter note, I bet they go with another P name. Priscilla idolises Michelle Duggar and looks up to Anna - if she has her way they'll go with the P theme.

[Loooooong time lurker, first time poster.]

I always wonder what Priscilla discusses with her fellow helpmeets in the area, especially Kendalyn Staddon and her sister-in-law, Valerie Waller. Do they ever get together just as women with young children, or only when their respective husbands arrange something? I keep up with their blogs but they don't post much.

I also wonder if she and Valerie, both new-ish mothers, talked much or even bonded on the Waller family trip to the Holy Land a number of months back. There are certainly pictures of them together as part of the family group, but it would be interesting to be a fly on the wall when Pecan Thief is around his family to see how he treats Priscilla.

One of the details that struck me from Kathryn Joyce's Quiverful is that patriarchal groups often discourage friendships between women. They think that if women are chummy with each other, they will be in situations where they are more likely to bad mouth their husbands.

Prue, Piper or Phoebe :whistle:

Also, yeah, shitty situation all around. I don't know how Pris always manages to look high during her speeches, but she does it well.

I don't know what they could do to work on their marriage, Pris tries the best she can and David probably does too. I kind of hope he gets himself a lover without feeling too much guilt about it, maybe then he could enjoy the days with Priscilla a bit more.

Ma and Pa Keller are the worst parents/grandparents in the world. They allowed Esther to marry that lazy ass who grifts and won't support their grandkids, Priscilla marry a guy who may or may not be gay and obviously doesn't love her, shun Daniel for treating his wife like an equal, and Suzi when she got a little wild.

This mindset seems inconsistent to me. We rightfully blast the Maxwells for micromanaging the lives of their adult children and preventing them from finding spouses through excessive control, yet the Kellers are unfit for not doing that? I'm certainly not arguing that all of the Keller children seem to have married well, but at a certain point, adults need to be free to make their own decisions (and mistakes).

I agree.I hope someone pulls him aside on this and speaks to him about it.I also hope the vid gets removed,but I'm not holding my breath.The last thing Davey would do is admit he is wrong and has treated Priscilla poorly.

What I don't get are all the leghumper comments on the blog post, congratulating them for being unafraid to reach full quiver status. Did they see the video? Can't they sense the ongoing trainwreck? :?

Then why pull out the camera and make a video right then? Maybe wait till he's home from work, had time to relax and be in a better mood. I just don't get these people.

This mindset seems inconsistent to me. We rightfully blast the Maxwells for micromanaging the lives of their adult children and preventing them from finding spouses through excessive control, yet the Kellers are unfit for not doing that? I'm certainly not arguing that all of the Keller children seem to have married well, but at a certain point, adults need to be free to make their own decisions (and mistakes).

The Keller grandparents deserve to be blasted here because in that world, daddy picks your spouse if you are a daughter. All screening is done through him, he supposedly has the discernment to tell if a guy is "godly" or not. Daddy judges who will be a good husband and can stop any potential relationship cold. Pa Keller looks to have dropped the ball at least twice. If you are going to live by a code that says the father is the ultimate authority on who is fit to marry a woman, the father needs to accept some responsibility when a lazy grifter gets through the screening process.

Besides, offering your adult daughter help to get away from an abusive husband is not micromanaging even in the great secular wasteland.

The Keller grandparents deserve to be blasted here because in that world, daddy picks your spouse if you are a daughter. All screening is done through him, he supposedly has the discernment to tell if a guy is "godly" or not. Daddy judges who will be a good husband and can stop any potential relationship cold. Pa Keller looks to have dropped the ball at least twice. If you are going to live by a code that says the father is the ultimate authority on who is fit to marry a woman, the father needs to accept some responsibility when a lazy grifter gets through the screening process.

Besides, offering your adult daughter help to get away from an abusive husband is not micromanaging even in the great secular wasteland.

THIS X 10!

What I don't get are all the leghumper comments on the blog post, congratulating them for being unafraid to reach full quiver status. Did they see the video? Can't they sense the ongoing trainwreck? :?

Am I watching the wrong video? I don't see David being verbally abusive to Priscilla in any way in it, and I am naturally disposed to seeing Davilla as an abusive relationship. He looks surprised, and maybe a bit worried, but not upset with her in any way. They both talk like stupid Gothard-bots, but that is hardly unusual behavior for them, and Priscilla seemed like she got her words out much more fluently than usual. I still think they're twats, but this the new-brother announcement isn't the best evidence of their twatiness that I've seen.

True. Pa Keller does not have a brilliant record of picking husbands for his daughters. However, Pa Keller seems way too sozzled on grape juice to do anything constructive after his daughters leave and cleave. Anna's marriage to Smuggar was a big feather in his hat, and I expect he thought that Priscilla's marriage to a person moving up the ranks at ATI would be a huge success too. As for Esther, he probably approves of John's missionary pretensions and the Deputation idiocies are not so far out of the Fundie norm, whatever we think of them. That is what shocks me about the Shraders.

I wonder what Josh McD thinks of John and David. Josh McD and Rebekah helped Susannah when she did a runner from the cult and had her baby. He at least has seen the light although he is still conservative Christian. Rebekah seems to have been be the luckiest Keller daughter in her marriage, although Anna seems happy enough with Josh D's smuggitude.

I agree that David seems impatient with Priscilla, the last video from Priss was painful and I hope he takes it down and talks to her about her anxieties, and he appeared far from overjoyed about the latest arrow. Still, I'm not leaping to the conclusion that impatience + insensitivity + realization that quiverfull isn't all that it's cracked up to be and children are a big responsibility = emotional abuse.

David is an arrogant, stupid, insensitive twerp, quite possibly struggling in an imperfect marriage and with a lot to learn, but I don't think he deserves to be called abusive. Yet. Time will tell.

Just a thought - if Priscilla was expecting spontaneous joy and cuddles at the news, then why did she leave a card on his chair at a Chick-Fil-A before he had to go back to work? Am I over-analyzing this?

Archived