IGNORED

Doug Phillips is a Tool & Vision Forum is Dead - Part 7

happy atheist

My I remind all our friends across the pond that the State Dance of South Carolina is the Shag?

http://www.scstatehouse.gov/studentpage ... usic.shtml

[i took social dance in university in nearby North Carolina as one of my required physical education classes, and of course we spent more time on shagging than on any other dance.]

You're welcome. : )

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cock-juggling thundercunt is my new favorite!

That sounds like a party trick or a bar bet.... or a scene from The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert :cracking-up:

Most. Boring. Fundie. Ever. How can you guys stand it when there are more exciting things to do, such as seeing if the grass is currently growing?

Anyhoo, this is going around my FB today and made me think of westie's precious virgin ears.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/robinedds/how-sweary-are-you (not breaking 'cause it's buzzfeed)

I got a 36, which is apparently very fucking sweary. That’s the shit! You’re fucking brilliant, and everyone knows it. Well fucking done. :lol:

Ahh man I only got 24.

However "Bollockfaced shitnubbins" will now be part of vocabulary.

OMG so many new words!

I got 26, and I need to expand my vocabulary and say all of these new words!

Doug Phillips is a shitting arse dickweasel piss stain.

Better cover your ears Westchamps.

I'm proud to say I got a 57. I owe most of it to having Irish, Scottish and Australian relatives. Thanks, guys. Now I've got to mine my German relatives and see if I can expand my repertoire.

I'm proud to say I got a 57. I owe most of it to having Irish, Scottish and Australian relatives. Thanks, guys. Now I've got to mine my German relatives and see if I can expand my repertoire.

I only got 33. I recognized many of them, but I don't use anything with twat, cunt or the like in them. So that cut down on the words I actually use.

Good for you. I've always believed that you need to hear opposing viewpoints because otherwise you are preaching to the choir, so to speak.

Agreed. And I can't speak for all fundies, but we actually encourage our children to ask questions, express their doubts, and understand differing views. This is so important. We want them to grow up and actually become regenerate and own their faith, not just parrot back their parents' beliefs. What good is that?

I only got 8. :lol: Apparently I need to work on my swearing skills. I learned a whole lot of new words with that quiz.

12 here, but that list seemed to lean more British than Yiddish, so some of mine weren't listed.

Other than my reactions here on FJ to posts about the Pearls and other child-beaters, and the occasional joke that actually does require such a word*, I mostly unleash my cursing entirely on inanimate objects.

*I think such jokes are really rare, but the only time Rodney Dangerfield made me laugh out loud was when I heard him say (please read very quickly and in Rodney's voice, while fidgeting with your tie):

"Hey, I come from a tough town -- a tough town, I tell ya. The sign in the library said 'shut the fuck up.'"

I only scored 27 - not too familiar with the UK+ versions. Must say they're pretty, uh, colorful!

Agreed. And I can't speak for all fundies, but we actually encourage our children to ask questions, express their doubts, and understand differing views. This is so important. We want them to grow up and actually become regenerate and own their faith, not just parrot back their parents' beliefs. What good is that?

It is good that you encourage questioning and doubting, IME growing up fundie any questions that weren't the right sort of questions were looked down on. I had questions and doubt but at an early age I learned to keep them to myself. Are you open to the idea that your children might come to entirely different conclusions than you and might even discover that they don't believe? That is something that my parents will never accept, that I cannot believe anymore. I hate that they feel like they did something wrong to create a child to grew up to be like me because I am happy with my life, but in their eyes I'll always be a failure. At least they haven't turned into Ken and Lori and said they wished I had never been born.

On the subject of swearing, when I was about 10, I remember whispering "damn" to myself and then spending the next week worrying that God was going to punish me for it.

When I first came to the USA I nearly fainted when my lady-like MIL referred to her fanny pack ...

Seemed like an item that would a bit hard to access and unzip, as well as shocking, eh? :D

Ah, now I see why poor Bisky got confused. I responded to you and Westie in the same post. Sorry, Bisky!

Babycakes, thanks for a very thoughtful and well-written response. It's OK, I don't feel any need to beat you up and you made a lot of sense. I'm not even going to quarrel with you for saying that you would give up FJ if your husband asked you to -- that is less unhealthy submission and more the sort of give-and-take that is the norm in a healthy marriage. :D

Please keep on reading and posting.

Palimpsest, I sincerely appreciate that response. It is so nice to know I made sense, you have no idea :-) (Even though I seem to be incapable of reducing a quote. Sigh.)

It is good that you encourage questioning and doubting, IME growing up fundie any questions that weren't the right sort of questions were looked down on. I had questions and doubt but at an early age I learned to keep them to myself. Are you open to the idea that your children might come to entirely different conclusions than you and might even discover that they don't believe? That is something that my parents will never accept, that I cannot believe anymore. I hate that they feel like they did something wrong to create a child to grew up to be like me because I am happy with my life, but in their eyes I'll always be a failure. At least they haven't turned into Ken and Lori and said they wished I had never been born.

On the subject of swearing, when I was about 10, I remember whispering "damn" to myself and then spending the next week worrying that God was going to punish me for it.

I am so sorry that you feel like your parents think of you as a failure. Do you wonder if your faith would be different now if you had been encouraged to express your doubts? If you had been able to ask questions without fear of being looked down upon? Our children ask questions constantly, sometimes a frustratingly large amount :-). We do our best to answer them truthfully, even if that means saying, "I have no idea, I'm confused about that too!", and we strive to help them find answers. I know that I cannot control my children's salvation and I just have to trust in God's sovereignty. Yes, it would grieve my heart if my children left the faith, but it would not altar my love for them, nor cause me to cut them off.

I am so sorry that you feel like your parents think of you as a failure. Do you wonder if your faith would be different now if you had been encouraged to express your doubts? If you had been able to ask questions without fear of being looked down upon? Our children ask questions constantly, sometimes a frustratingly large amount :-). We do our best to answer them truthfully, even if that means saying, "I have no idea, I'm confused about that too!", and we strive to help them find answers. I know that I cannot control my children's salvation and I just have to trust in God's sovereignty. Yes, it would grieve my heart if my children left the faith, but it would not altar my love for them, nor cause me to cut them off.

No, I think it was conservative fundamental Christianity that helped lead me down the path to unbelief. I think that if I had been raised a more liberal Christian where the Bible wasn't considered the literal word of God and evolution was accepted and gay people weren't shamed as abominations I would have most likely stayed Christian, but being allowed to question would have just led me away from conservative fundamental Christian beliefs sooner than I did. My parents haven't rejected me, they just cry over my soul and the souls of my children a lot. I really think that we could have a great relationship if they weren't fundamental Christians. I am not the only child in my family that ended up not believing and I just hate what the fundie belief system has done to my family. I can see why they are upset I just wish they could see why it is upsetting to me that they choose religion over a great relationship with their kids and grandkids.

I only scored 27 - not too familiar with the UK+ versions. Must say they're pretty, uh, colorful!

They really are. I bet I could sneak some of them into conversations without people realizing I was swearing.

He still looks like a smug sonofabitch. I'd like to smack that smirk right off his face....

The response from a visibly aged tool and Beall. If shared already, apologies.

http://www.kens5.com/news/KENS-5-Exclus ... 56621.html

They both look like they've been crying for days on end. GOOD.

Make up your mind, you sick fuck. Months ago you said it WAS physical, now you're saying it was mostly over the internet. Yadda yadda yadda, blah blah blah. Next week you'll pull another story out of your ass.

You go ahead and deny that settlement and rely on that jury. I hope they nail your molesting, harassing, rapist ass to the wall and take every penny you've got.

Doug Phillips is a Tool and a Rapist.

He denies it? What a surprise. :roll:

I am one of the people who is always saying "I'm not sure you can tell that much from a still photo." But even I have to say, Doug's may be one of the fakest facial expressions I've ever seen. It seems like just what would happen when a narcissist who really thinks nothing is ever his fault tries to look apologetic or dismayed.

5WStBj0.jpg

So everyone who said he'd want his day in court, you're right. He's not taking the settlement.

Also, whaddup with this quote? " 'If it was any other person than Doug Phillips or a person in a position like Doug Phillips, this would be about nothing,' said Phillip’s attorney, Jason Jakob."

Um...sexually groping and ejaculating on a woman who is telling you to stop-- and while you are married to another woman-- is about nothing, as long as you're not a prominent patriarchal minister? Having that young woman worry about your repeated sexual advances as she works in your home with your children is nothing, as long as you don't host a film festival every year? What fecking planet do you live on?

That quote is also quite dismissive of infidelity as well, a strange tactic for the lawyer of such a repentant Christian man to take. It won't look good if DPIAT is planning any sort of comeback. After all, per Calvinist fundies, Christian law should be the law of the land, which means all sorts of adultery, even amongst consenting adults, would be punishable. I'm beginning to suspect Dougie does not practice what he preaches. :penguin-no:

My goodness, it does look like Beall has aged a decade in the past 6 months. Dougie on the other hand looks like a Bollockfaced shitnubbins.

My goodness, it does look like Beall has aged a decade in the past 6 months. Dougie on the other hand looks like a Bollockfaced shitnubbins.

:u-rock:

Bollockfaced shitnubbins!

Love it! I'm gonna use that at the office! It applies to someone there. Thanks! the first time I smiled all week!

Archived