IGNORED

Doug Phillips is a Tool & Vision Forum is Dead - Part 7

happy atheist

Everything this man says just screams self-absorbed, unrepentant narcissist.

"I think God wanted to draw us together and do something much bigger than us or our family's story," said Phillips.

So God decided to hurt a young woman, a naive young woman from a modest background who had no career options and saw you as a father figure, for close to a decade. He decided to use you as a vehicle to degrade her, shame her, make her feel less than, hurting not only her but many people around both of you. He decided to have your shenanigans take down a business right before Christmas so that people who lived paycheck to paycheck would be out of work. But it's all good everybody!!! Because it brought the Phillips family closer together.

I think we all know who REALLY matters here.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone think Dougie's backtracking is making him look even worse? He flat out admitted to an inappropriate - albeit painted in softer hues - relationship with Lourdes. Would any attorney have advised putting out such a letter back in October? It just really seems like he implicated himself...if he had kept his trap shut, it would be easier for him to deny any wrongdoing.

The response from a visibly aged tool and Beall. If shared already, apologies.

http://www.kens5.com/news/KENS-5-Exclus ... 56621.html

Beall looks like she's rather be any place else than there.

Poor, poor Doug. People are just out to get him because of his views. So persecuted :(

From the article:

"If it was any other person than Doug Phillips or a person in a position like Doug Phillips, this would be about nothing," said Phillip’s attorney, Jason Jakob.

Hey, thanks Capt. Obvious. If it was any other person other than Doug Phillips or a person in a position like Doug Phillips they wouldn't be ABUSING THEIR POSITION, genius. There are laws specific to people in Dougie's position, you might want to look those up, being an attorney and all :roll:

Does anyone think Dougie's backtracking is making him look even worse? He flat out admitted to an inappropriate - albeit painted in softer hues - relationship with Lourdes. Would any attorney have advised putting out such a letter back in October? It just really seems like he implicated himself...if he had kept his trap shut, it would be easier for him to deny any wrongdoing.

Oh yes. This is the same guy who one week after giving his resignation had to give an addendum to his resignation to clarify his sin was indeed a sexual sin on physical nature! So, which is it Dougie????

Tried to go back to VFM to get the exact wording but the page is not loading.

Oh yes. This is the same guy who one week after giving his resignation had to give an addendum to his resignation to clarify his sin was indeed a sexual sin on physical nature! So, which is it Dougie????

Tried to go back to VFM to get the exact wording but the page is not loading.

Is Dougie furiously scrubbing the content of VFM's website of his admissions as we speak lol? :lol:

I know I go against the grain here too finding some sympathy for Beall. I can't help thinking of all the disgusting things he had done to Lourdes...Beall has likely experienced that or worse. Who wouldn't eventually be totally broken?

I think Doug's response shows that he's going to try and cleverly make this about the homeschooling movement rather than is horrible behavior. If he can blur the issue, he can get support from defensive conservative homeschoolers. Kind of we're-being-persecuted mindset so let's rally together and fight for our cause. I think some fundie homeschoolers might join with this but I think (hope!) many will see through it. Seems like grasping for straws to me.

I think Doug's response shows that he's going to try and cleverly make this about the homeschooling movement rather than is horrible behavior. If he can blur the issue, he can get support from defensive conservative homeschoolers. Kind of we're-being-persecuted mindset so let's rally together and fight for our cause. I think some fundie homeschoolers might join with this but I think (hope!) many will see through it. Seems like grasping for straws to me.

He is trying anything he can to save his rear. Will probably pull out the he is being "persecuted" because he is a christian.

Maybe BRADRICK! will testify against him.

It appears that the Vision Forum Ministries website server is down. Here's the text of Doug's second resignation statement - the one that clarifies the "physical component" of his sin, from the homeschoolersanonymous site:

Clarification on Resignation

by Douglas Phillips, Esq., November 14, 2013

I would like to express my gratitude for the great kindness so many have shown to my family in the wake of my stepping down as president of Vision Forum Ministries. My family has been greatly encouraged by many loving notes we have received. With that in mind, I want to be so very clear about the rightness of this transition, and I want to clear up some matters which have been brought to my attention. My sin has resulted in great pain within the Body of Christ, some confusion, and has given the enemies of God reason to rejoice. This is heartbreaking to me. Some have suggested that my sin was not sufficiently serious to step down. Let me be clear: it absolutely does merit my resignation. My resignation is sincere and necessary given the weightiness of my sin. Some reading the words of my resignation have questioned if there was an inappropriate physical component with an unmarried woman. There was, and it was intermittent over a period of years. The local church, not the Internet, is the proper forum for overseeing the details of a man’s repentance, but I just want to be clear for the sake of peace within the Body of Christ, that the tragic events we are experiencing, including the closing of Vision Forum Ministries are my fault, and that I am sincere that I should not be in leadership, but must spend this season of my life quietly walking a path of proven repentance. Please pray for the Phillips family, the Board, and the men who have made up the staff of Vision Forum Ministries.

Spiritual Sounding Board has been updated with many relevant news links, and both Lourdes and Nolan have updated their FB pages (cute photo, btw :romance-heartsmiley: ).

cross posting with the Hero thread

On Vision Forum's Facebook page, they have posted the official rebuttal letter to the charges being brought against DPIAT.

PART 1 https://www.facebook.com/visionforum/ph ... =1&theater

PART 2 https://www.facebook.com/visionforum/ph ... =1&theater

Doug- meditate on this and repeat after me....

"You know you did it, just admit it!"

The truth will set you free. Well, maybe not in your case, financially anyway.

Cross posting with other pinned thread. Doug is going to turn "elder" into his weasel word to claim he was not her pastor, and therefore cannot be guilty of clerical abuse.

Asshole.

Cross posting with other pinned thread. Doug is going to turn "elder" into his weasel word to claim he was not her pastor, and therefore cannot be guilty of clerical abuse.

Asshole.

Smoke and mirrors. A good attorney will prove that those two words are synonymous to a girl groomed from the age of 15. She saw him as a spiritual leader -- doesn't matter what his church title was.

My sin has resulted in great pain within the Body of Christ, some confusion, and has given the enemies of God reason to rejoice.

I am sure you were so important that it was a huge pain to god. sorry but you were gods butthurt cause dickwipe.

If a church has no listed pastor and the highest ranking person there and the one who runs the place and makes the sermons and so on is going to have some trouble with proving he wasn't performing pastoral and ministerial duties.

If a church has no listed pastor and the highest ranking person there and the one who runs the place and makes the sermons and so on is going to have some trouble with proving he wasn't performing pastoral and ministerial duties.

why Most of the self proclaimed pastors have no training at all. they do anything they want and get away with it. look at the church of the digger.

Yep, you asked it about 100 times and about 99 of them were before I had even gotten to your first time asking, in the line of posts I was responding to one at a time, when I got done with my job for the day.

And Gloria Steinem is a journalist not a lawyer. My world is crushed because I got that wrong. But, you really shouldn't be surprised, after all, I did say I know very little about the history of feminism.

And as far as your not knowing about the history of feminism, well why is feminism such a bugbear with fundamentalists such as yourself? You admit to knowing nothing about it but it didn't stop you from casting aspersions now did it. At least I learn about the things I am passionate about. I highly suggest you read the history if feminism before you criticize it or cast aspersions. But again, am not going to hold my breath.

I didn't say I know nothing about feminism. I said I don't know much about the history of feminism, aka it's origins, etc. I'm not going to get into a discussion with you about feminism. I'm having too much fun in the discussion about "patriarchy", don't want to overdo it.

Funny how you are so opposed to traditional expressions of "manliness"....except when it involves you being right and a man being wrong. Then, the "manly" thing to do is admit you were in the wrong. Revealing of you.

Not that I think that you are coming back, but where exactly did I say I was opposed to "traditional displays of manliness"? What I am against is the straight up oppression of females by men beating their chests and bloviating about the patriarchy. When I say "be a man" I mean own up to your mistake. Same goes for my female counterparts.

And it is really telling that you put your tail between your legs and disappeared when you started to be asked questions you couldn't answer.

Thankfully he didn't settle in for a two month stay. Wow. The immature snideness was overwhelming.

Most. Boring. Fundie. Ever. How can you guys stand it when there are more exciting things to do, such as seeing if the grass is currently growing?

Anyhoo, this is going around my FB today and made me think of westie's precious virgin ears.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/robinedds/how-sweary-are-you (not breaking 'cause it's buzzfeed)

I got a 36, which is apparently very fucking sweary. That’s the shit! You’re fucking brilliant, and everyone knows it. Well fucking done. :lol:

I got a 40. Hellz, yeah. Thank goodness I am not a Christian. westcrap, is that his name, would be really disappointed if I were. :(

I was going to say 'religious persecution in 5...4...3...' but then I saw that article and realized I was too late. I only saw the article; does anyone know if there was accompanying video? If so, link please?

Since we just got a buttload of 'dainty morsels' in the last week or so, I think I might need a new plate for what may come out if this goes to trial. And I hope it does. :popcorn2:

westcrap, you might want to turn away. Your eyes might burn from the adult language ahead.

Phillips said his beliefs are now under assault, since he is part of a larger, national homeschooling movement.

Give me a bloody break. This, fuckmented shitjizzle is pulling the persecution card. The only assaulting done here is what you did, Doug. How revolting can this guy be to honestly sit there with a straight face a utter that piece of garbage statement when he, himself, admitted he did something wrong and amended that statement later to say it was physical? I cannot even look at him. Knowing what he has been teaching for years and what is alleged in the complaint, it would take every ounce of me not to slap the shit out him if I ever saw him. I am not even kidding when I say that.

Oh, I really, really, really disagree with you here, westie. I have never been abused in a physical or sexual way, but I have been mentally and emotionally abused. If you haven't experienced it, you may not understand how badly it can mess you up. I started out as one of the people who thought Doug was primarily responsible, but that Lourdes held some culpability, as well. I'm singin' a different tune. I'd like to punch Doug Phillips in the face. And I feel strongly that she was utterly victimized. The reasons why have already been expressed by others here. Thank god she broke free.

I'd like to punch Doug Phillips in the face too. But we're talking about an adult woman here, not a child. If everything she described in her legal complaint did in fact happen the way she describes it....she had so little willpower that she let it go on for 5 years or thereabouts - completely against her will - without telling anyone or asking anyone for help? This was not an unprotected girl. She had parents (who from the sound of the complaint might have been sleeping in a nearby room during some of these encounters) and at least one sibling, and she had friends at church. Did Doug take advantage of her? I think that is more than likely true. Was she a willing participant through some of this time? I think that is also more than likely true. It has been reported that Lourdes herself copped to some personal responsibility in this saga and knew that her actions were wrong, whatever may have been Doug's actions. Seems to be singing a different tune in the legal filing.

He denies it? What a surprise. :roll:

I am one of the people who is always saying "I'm not sure you can tell that much from a still photo." But even I have to say, Doug's may be one of the fakest facial expressions I've ever seen. It seems like just what would happen when a narcissist who really thinks nothing is ever his fault tries to look apologetic or dismayed.

5WStBj0.jpg

Wow, Doug cannot pull of the sad, dismayed, hurt look at all. So he is going to go the "I'm the victim because I homeschool" route. I'm not surprised, this man will take no blame at all and looking for a way to get homeschoolers to support him again.

Doug Phillips is a bigger tool then I originally thought.

I have absolutely no idea who's you could read the history of the Reformation and come away with that concussion but whatever.

The use of the word irresponsible was deliberate. I don't believe for a minute that the tenants of much of fundamentalist Christianity, specifically those that advocate for submission were meant to be literal. There is a reason Jesus taught primarily in metaphor, and I don't think the majority of fundamentalists can even define metaphor much less understand the fact that the bible was not written and compiled by god and that thousands of years of translation means that it is highly unlikely the are getting somewhere even near the accurate words of Jesus. Because again, anti-intellectualism. And I have known more than a handful of people who were highly intelligent in other areas but shockingly un informed when it becomes about their lowness religion. And I think that not to learn both sides of any issue is responsible.

It didn't give me a concussion, but if you meant conclusion....the Catholic church was very eager to keep the Bible in Latin. The Reformers such as Luther and Tyndale were eager to translate it into the common language so that people could read the Bible for themselves, without interpretation from the Catholic Bishops, Priests, etc. All of which I'm sure you already knew.

Archived