IGNORED

Doug Phillips is a Tool & Vision Forum is Dead - Part 7

happy atheist

I only got 8. :lol: Apparently I need to work on my swearing skills. I learned a whole lot of new words with that quiz.

I only got a 6. :embarrassed:

But since they don't ask for frequency, I think it doesn't speak to my sweariness or lack thereof, but rather is just an indication that I'm stuck in my ruts :lol:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another fundie homeschooler with an opinion. Yawn.

And his children are much smarter than those in the satanic public school!!!! I'm shocked. Those public school administrators and

their fancy thinkin'...well, they are just no match for our clever SOTDRT fundie.

You read it here first, folks. That argument is over. OVER, I say. Westchamps said he won so move on, please. :lol:

Except I kind of think that those who have to keep shouting about how smart their kids are.....well, maybe they really aren't.

Responding against my better instincts ...

To the bolded: No, Westchamps, not all. You can post here all you want. The enormous amount of time you've spent here in the last couple of days keeps you from preaching your poison elsewhere. Speaking for myself, I'm not in high dudgeon. I'm just bored by you. You may dismiss all opinions that are not from Bible Believing Christians. I dismiss all opinions from people who say they believe that every word of the bible is the infallible word of God and then fail to practice what they preach.

Babycakes, is it lack of time or lack of conviction that you don't post your views more frequently? Please do contribute more if you want. I'm afraid I only notice you when you leak "insider information" about Fundamentalists discussed here that you claim to know. A practice I find a little distasteful, to tell the truth.

A lack of time and energy. I am not an eloquent person, and I find it rather time-consuming to put my thoughts to "paper" in an intelligent way. I think it is true that when one's thoughts go against the majority flow, one receives much more "attention" so to speak. And it is overwhelming to try and answer a lot of posts. And if I don't keep up with answering them, I will likely be accused of not being able to defend my beliefs, etc. Does that make sense? So I tend to leave quick, non-controversial posts.

Also, because of my past, I am very stressed by anything that feels confrontational, even if it is a belief in which I stand firm.

My biggest frustration in being a part of FJ is the way that all fundies are lumped into one homogenized mass, when there are just. so. many. differences among us. If I posted a response to that type of thing on a regular basis, don't you think everyone would generally be annoyed with my efforts to defend fundies?

And......I worry a bit about anonymity. Where I live, the fundie pond is rather small. I have friends who are discussed here, and at least one has posted in defense of him/herself in the past. This forum is not looked upon favorably, as you can imagine. ;-) And some of my friends already know I read here. It wouldn't take much for someone to figure out who I am. It's not necessarily a big problem, but I would rather stay Babycakes.

Yes, I sometimes post insider info. I can see how you find that distasteful. I do try to only post things that I know MANY people already know, and are not secrets or "dainty morsels", lol. Usually in an effort to clear up confusion. I did feel badly about my original mention of Kelly being pregnant again. For some reason I thought it had been revealed here. Anyway, I don't think it was a secret, I just think they probably don't enjoy having their children discussed here.

My husband doesn't like my reading here because he thinks it is time-sucker, and my "fundie gossip mag". (And he know gossip is a temptation for me, one that in real life I work very hard to keep free from.)So I always feel a little badly when I'm on here a lot. He has never asked me to stop reading here, but if he did I would. Although, FJ has made for some very lively conversations between us, since I find out things here that we otherwise would miss.

I found FreeJinger when I googled Geoff Botkin years ago. I lurked for some time and then registered when we made the switch from yuku. I have reasons for staying. 1) A lot of fundies don't know they're called fundies, or what so many people think of them. I like knowing what people who disagree with me are thinking about me and my lifestyle. 2) I don't have to check any blogs, if something good happens, it will be on FJ :-) 3) It keeps me from always having rose -colored glasses when viewing other fundies. 4) I want to know that I can be exposed to polar opposite views, question my own convictions, and still retain them. 5) I just plain enjoy some of the posters here.

I don't meant to derail the thread, just trying to stay ahead of questions that may have come, and explain my POV.

I only got 8. :lol: Apparently I need to work on my swearing skills. I learned a whole lot of new words with that quiz.

Wow. I scored a 40 :embarrassed:

Mind you, I think that's because I'm bilingual in British English and American English swearing. I can actually swear in 11 different languages. It was my party trick when I was 11 -- Missionary Kids are badass!

Just to make Westie blush: You Bollockfaced Shitnubbins of a Piers Morgan.

[quote="westchamps

[quote My wife does not have a 4 year college degree, but she is very educated, and my daughters I can guarantee are more educated than the average young to mid teen's girls in public school. Testing and assessment verified.

I got a 34, but I learned some new words today. They say you learn something new every day, so my work for today is done. Thanks Squirrely!

I aim to please! I learned some new ones too. Very exciting!

For those who only got 6 or 8, it's okay. You're still coarse and very un-Christian! :)

The crusades and the inquisition, those were just little tea parties or maybe those weren't the right kind of Christians so you didn't even learn about them :shifty-kitty:

They weren't real Christians and I don't remember these events getting a lot of attention. I'm pretty sure it is Bob Jones history that claims the trail of tears brought Native Americans to Christ so it wasn't a bad thing. I've been reading Lies My Teacher Told Me and history textbooks in general seemed to be pretty biased to make white Europeans look good, but conservative Christian textbooks take this to a whole other level of crazy.

[quote="westchamps

[quote My wife does not have a 4 year college degree, but she is very educated, and my daughters I can guarantee are more educated than the average young to mid teen's girls in public school. Testing and assessment verified.

Don't you love how every fundie SOTDRT trots out this tired claim?

Most. Boring. Fundie. Ever. How can you guys stand it when there are more exciting things to do, such as seeing if the grass is currently growing?

Anyhoo, this is going around my FB today and made me think of westie's precious virgin ears.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/robinedds/how-sweary-are-you (not breaking 'cause it's buzzfeed)

I got a 36, which is apparently very fucking sweary. That’s the shit! You’re fucking brilliant, and everyone knows it. Well fucking done. :lol:

I got 50 out of 70! I have British friends, so I learned a good many of them from them! I love to swear!

A lack of time and energy. I am not an eloquent person, and I find it rather time-consuming to put my thoughts to "paper" in an intelligent way. I think it is true that when one's thoughts go against the majority flow, one receives much more "attention" so to speak. And it is overwhelming to try and answer a lot of posts. And if I don't keep up with answering them, I will likely be accused of not being able to defend my beliefs, etc. Does that make sense? So I tend to leave quick, non-controversial posts.

Also, because of my past, I am very stressed by anything that feels confrontational, even if it is a belief in which I stand firm.

My biggest frustration in being a part of FJ is the way that all fundies are lumped into one homogenized mass, when there are just. so. many. differences among us. If I posted a response to that type of thing on a regular basis, don't you think everyone would generally be annoyed with my efforts to defend fundies?

And......I worry a bit about anonymity. Where I live, the fundie pond is rather small. I have friends who are discussed here, and at least one has posted in defense of him/herself in the past. This forum is not looked upon favorably, as you can imagine. ;-) And some of my friends already know I read here. It wouldn't take much for someone to figure out who I am. It's not necessarily a big problem, but I would rather stay Babycakes.

Yes, I sometimes post insider info. I can see how you find that distasteful. I do try to only post things that I know MANY people already know, and are not secrets or "dainty morsels", lol. Usually in an effort to clear up confusion. I did feel badly about my original mention of Kelly being pregnant again. For some reason I thought it had been revealed here. Anyway, I don't think it was a secret, I just think they probably don't enjoy having their children discussed here.

My husband doesn't like my reading here because he thinks it is time-sucker, and my "fundie gossip mag". (And he know gossip is a temptation for me, one that in real life I work very hard to keep free from.)So I always feel a little badly when I'm on here a lot. He has never asked me to stop reading here, but if he did I would. Although, FJ has made for some very lively conversations between us, since I find out things here that we otherwise would miss.

I found FreeJinger when I googled Geoff Botkin years ago. I lurked for some time and then registered when we made the switch from yuku. I have reasons for staying. 1) A lot of fundies don't know they're called fundies, or what so many people think of them. I like knowing what people who disagree with me are thinking about me and my lifestyle. 2) I don't have to check any blogs, if something good happens, it will be on FJ :-) 3) It keeps me from always having rose -colored glasses when viewing other fundies. 4) I want to know that I can be exposed to polar opposite views, question my own convictions, and still retain them. 5) I just plain enjoy some of the posters here.

I don't meant to derail the thread, just trying to stay ahead of questions that may have come, and explain my POV.

Ah, now I see why poor Bisky got confused. I responded to you and Westie in the same post. Sorry, Bisky!

Babycakes, thanks for a very thoughtful and well-written response. It's OK, I don't feel any need to beat you up and you made a lot of sense. I'm not even going to quarrel with you for saying that you would give up FJ if your husband asked you to -- that is less unhealthy submission and more the sort of give-and-take that is the norm in a healthy marriage. :D

Please keep on reading and posting.

Wow. I scored a 40 :embarrassed:

Mind you, I think that's because I'm bilingual in British English and American English swearing. I can actually swear in 11 different languages. It was my party trick when I was 11 -- Missionary Kids are badass!

Just to make Westie blush: You Bollockfaced Shitnubbins of a Piers Morgan.

The British English ones is where I lost points. While I had heard almost all of those (there were a few new ones), I don't usually swear in British English. There were a couple I may start using though, as they were pretty good ;)

Most. Boring. Fundie. Ever. How can you guys stand it when there are more exciting things to do, such as seeing if the grass is currently growing?

Anyhoo, this is going around my FB today and made me think of westie's precious virgin ears.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/robinedds/how-sweary-are-you (not breaking 'cause it's buzzfeed)

I got a 36, which is apparently very fucking sweary. That’s the shit! You’re fucking brilliant, and everyone knows it. Well fucking done. :lol:

I got 30 out of 70....I feel like such a failure...

I am genuinely surprised that I only got " a bit sweary" as I drive on the NJ Turnpike everyday and have ample opportunity to cuss my head off. Most of the terms were from the UK so perhaps I'm the victim of cultural bias.... :)

I got 50 out of 70! I have British friends, so I learned a good many of them from them! I love to swear!

OMG so many new words!

I got 26, and I need to expand my vocabulary and say all of these new words!

Doug Phillips is a shitting arse dickweasel piss stain.

Better cover your ears Westchamps.

This might help folks catch up on UK swears:

TqTHmzMk0Cw

Of course, I can't post a link to that one without a link to my absolute favorite Potter Puppet Pals video:

Tx1XIm6q4r4

Since Westchamps won, might I suggest we clean up out act and stop all the swearing?

And in that vein, I'd just like to say that Doug Phillips is the biggest fargin icehole I've ever seen. He's a no good bastich... a real sominabatch and he should be deported to Sweden even if he's not from there.

(Thank you Johny Dangerously).

When I first came to the USA I nearly fainted when my lady-like MIL referred to her fanny pack ...

edited for brevity.....

1) A lot of fundies don't know they're called fundies, or what so many people think of them. I like knowing what people who disagree with me are thinking about me and my lifestyle. 2) I don't have to check any blogs, if something good happens, it will be on FJ :-) 3) It keeps me from always having rose -colored glasses when viewing other fundies. 4) I want to know that I can be exposed to polar opposite views, question my own convictions, and still retain them. 5) I just plain enjoy some of the posters here.

Good for you. I've always believed that you need to hear opposing viewpoints because otherwise you are preaching to the choir, so to speak.

When I first came to the USA I nearly fainted when my lady-like MIL referred to her fanny pack ...

I once found a British co-worker of mine laughing hysterically after reading an obituary for a Fanny Minge. He could barely stop laughing long enough to explain it to me.

You would have keeled over to meet my Aunt Fanny! (Short for Philomena.)

I once found a British co-worker of mine laughing hysterically after reading an obituary for a Fanny Minge. He could barely stop laughing long enough to explain it to me.

I have long been awed that Antony Trollope's mother was actually published, what with the name Fanny Trollope.

Wonders never cease.

Also, you reminded me to put something of hers on my wishlist.

(ETA--one better, amazon kindle free copies, woohoo!)

This might help folks catch up on UK swears:

TqTHmzMk0Cw

Of course, I can't post a link to that one without a link to my absolute favorite Potter Puppet Pals video:

Tx1XIm6q4r4

I've never seen these puppet pals before. I can see all my work plans for tomorrow just went down the tubes ;)

[quote="westchamps

Don't you love how every fundie SOTDRT trots out this tired claim? :liar:

Fannies! :lol:

We had an American exchange student when I was in boarding school. She couldn't understand why we found his name funny: Randy Ball.

A couple of years after Mr. P and I got married my parents came to visit from the UK. We weren't even allowed to say "Gosh" when I was growing up - too close to God - that's why I had to learn to swear in other languages.

So for three whole weeks not a single coarse word was said in our house. Then driving my parents to the airport to fly back another driver cut dangerously in front of our car. Mr.P swerved to miss him and. . .

"Jesus Fucking Christ You Fucking Shit For Brains!"

After a looooooong silence my mother began discussing the weather!

Archived