IGNORED

Odds and ends at the Maxwells

SPHASH

Yes, I would totally read that

Give me a day or two. I'm going to go read up on some of Sarah's samples, get a feel for character...oh who am I fooling, we all know the moody's don't have character. I just need their names and approximate ages and come up with something. It'll just take a few days because, unlike Sarah, I like to take my writing seriously, even if it is just fan fiction.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Maxwellian moment for the day: we sang "Trust and Obey" at church today. CORRECTLY. It was lovely. I tried very hard not to think of "trust and obeeeeeeeeeeeeey" but it snuck into my thoughts nonetheless.

The chicks might be the closest thing to a public school lesson the girls ever get. Most schools around here have 1st-2nd graders watch chicks hatch and care for them. Of course my daughter brought 2 home and yes they can be pets. My daughter looked up how Martha Stewart has over the top homes and amenties for her chickens. There are chicken diapers. Our chickens have a deluxe home, people food(those pesky chickens will only eat brand name, I try putting generic crackers in a brand name box and they refuse to eat them) and cable tv.

I think the Maxwells post overall shows they are running low on ideas, not just for the Moody books but overall. With conferences dwindling, they don't have much direction. If they had written that debt free house book for a broader audience I think they could have attracted so much more interest. I have seen the chore packs in LDS homes but it seems like the Maxwells lost their LDS following. I know debt free house buying would go over big in LDS circles but usually couples are working towards the debt free home not a single man living at home. I could just imagine a Steve infomercial, the Christian version of an Armondo Montolongo(sp?) or Scott Yancey selling his book but I guess Steve wants to be a saint and sell only to his selected group and pass up profit on selling to the masses.

The chicks might be the closest thing to a public school lesson the girls ever get. Most schools around here have 1st-2nd graders watch chicks hatch and care for them. Of course my daughter brought 2 home and yes they can be pets. My daughter looked up how Martha Stewart has over the top homes and amenties for her chickens. There are chicken diapers. Our chickens have a deluxe home, people food(those pesky chickens will only eat brand name, I try putting generic crackers in a brand name box and they refuse to eat them) and cable tv.

I think the Maxwells post overall shows they are running low on ideas, not just for the Moody books but overall. With conferences dwindling, they don't have much direction. If they had written that debt free house book for a broader audience I think they could have attracted so much more interest. I have seen the chore packs in LDS homes but it seems like the Maxwells lost their LDS following. I know debt free house buying would go over big in LDS circles but usually couples are working towards the debt free home not a single man living at home. I could just imagine a Steve infomercial, the Christian version of an Armondo Montolongo(sp?) or Scott Yancey selling his book but I guess Steve wants to be a saint and sell only to his selected group and pass up profit on selling to the masses.

Your chickens have cable? Damn! I'm going to have to tell my daughter about that. She will be so jealous! Her hens are cable-less. I don't think they have more than rabbit ears on their TV.

What a waste of time giving chick to girls. :roll: They've no need to start saving to purchase their own home. Their future involves cleaning and raising children. Or, serving their parents if they are spinsters.

The chicks should have gone to Joshie. It's never to early for a man-boy to start saving for that house! ;)

:cray-cray: :cray-cray: :cray-cray:

Ah yes, but remember, the girls can start saving now for their future home furnishings! LOL!

God (ha) these people just make me sad and depressed. They are not living life; the life they believe their god gave them. They are wasting it.

Fine, all the adult kids 'chose' to stay home. Whatever. No one has anything more exciting to say or do or blog about or discuss than the mundane, normal parts of life. No one is having dinner with friends, going out with friends to a show or movie or anything else; no one is sharing or experiencing life.

I'm trapped in a winter depression and do next to nothing - but damn, they have less in life than I do. No people, no places, no experiences, no nothing.

If that's what god commands of his/her creations, thank satan I have not been sucked in.

Is the Moody son old enough to take a ride on the 1 Ton Ramp yet? Nothing like a little cross-over promotion. Pretty sure the Moodys all have chore packs.

"Taking the 1 Ton Ramp With Uriah Maxwell"? "Riding The Cyber-Information Highway to HELL With The Moodys"?

Pretty pretty please!

I started it this morning. I'll work on it more tonight after I've had some creativity juice.

It'll take me a few day though. Partly cuz I don't post rough drafts and partly because I have a life, unlike Poor Sarah :(

But I'll do it. Since there's interest...

God (ha) these people just make me sad and depressed. They are not living life; the life they believe their god gave them. They are wasting it.

Fine, all the adult kids 'chose' to stay home. Whatever. No one has anything more exciting to say or do or blog about or discuss than the mundane, normal parts of life. No one is having dinner with friends, going out with friends to a show or movie or anything else; no one is sharing or experiencing life.

I'm trapped in a winter depression and do next to nothing - but damn, they have less in life than I do. No people, no places, no experiences, no nothing.

If that's what god commands of his/her creations, thank satan I have not been sucked in.

I just wonder if all of them are depressed but think that their version of God wants them to be that way. They don't read any books except the Bible and what Steveus, Teri, and Sarah write, no hobbies like coin collecting (my passion), don't follow any sports teams, don't subscribe to a newspaper or magazine, watch movies or TV, listen to the radio, take any personal enrichment or fufillment classes such as crafts, no volunteer work with organizations like Habitat for Humanity or the Red Cross, no friends at all. They go to Colorado once a year for their "what some people call a vacation", but other than that they don't travel unless it's to a homeschool conference that they are putting on. They don't even go hiking or camping in the local state parks. I know Sarah wants more in her life cuz last year after her birthday Steve accused her of lacking gratefulness. I just want to give the kids all a hug.

Don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet, in this or any other FJ Maxwell thread - Stevehovah's monthly "Dad's Corner" feature is being changed to "a more frequent and much shorter e-mail," called "Seriously!" :pink-shock:

Don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet, in this or any other FJ Maxwell thread - Stevehovah's monthly "Dad's Corner" feature is being changed to "a more frequent and much shorter e-mail," called "Seriously!" :pink-shock:

Well, you wouldn't expect him to call it, "Just for laughs!", would you?

I thought the Maxwells weren't allowed to use exclamation marks. They're gateway punctuation marks to HELL and DEATH.

The chicks didn't bother me much, and I am a HUGE animal lover. I remember that the Maxwells found an injured squirrel and tried to help nurse it back to health, and spoke very fondly of their dog. I can't imagine they will allow the chicks to be neglected, mishandled, or abused. I think they will view the chicks as an investment (eggs, meat, etc) to be taken care of properly. Perhaps since the books aren't selling they are falling on hard times financially, and are adding the chickens to potentially lay eggs and provide meat.

I do not care for the Maxwells one bit, but they do take care of their stuff.

I would trust the Maxwells to take care of animals waaaay before I would trust the Duggars. There's quite a lot in Sarah's Moody books about taking care of the neighbors' pets as well as their own. The Duggars, by contrast, seem to have a pet for one episode and then you never see or hear about these animals again. Remember Mackynzie's kitten? And her other kitten?

I thought the Maxwells weren't allowed to use exclamation marks. They're gateway punctuation marks to HELL and DEATH.

I suspect the unbridled use of exclamation marks, along with the increased frequency of Stevie's communiques, are indicators of his growing desperation for market share. There are no Maxwell courtships on the horizon, they're resorting to giving away two copies of their latest book, and they still have only one conference scheduled for this summer.

How long can they hold out before one of the sons has to go get a real job? I think Steve needs to look into house flipping or some other more mainstream income producing activity.

Poor Sarah working as an adult phone operator with a chaperone on the line, would be as exciting as Meg Griffin (Family Guy).

Moody fanfic. I love it!!

Now I'm imagining Moody slashfics. Dad having something a bit more than just a hiring relationship with the animal control guy who comes to get the raccoon, etc...

Must... get... off... of... tumblr...

Now I'm imagining Moody slashfics. Dad having something a bit more than just a hiring relationship with the animal control guy who comes to get the raccoon, etc...

Must... get... off... of... tumblr...

Hmmm I'm personally going to keep it strictly In the "children's fiction" or ya category... But you can knock yourself out.

Me too. I thought Rebecca Eleventy !!11!!11!! got shunned for that reason. :lol:

In my mind, Stevehovah speaks like DEATH in the Terry Pratchett books. SERIOUSLY (as if he would ever be anything but).

In my mind, Stevehovah speaks like DEATH in the Terry Pratchett books. SERIOUSLY (as if he would ever be anything but).

True, but Death has a sense of humor in the Pratchett universe, and Steve so clearly does not.

Hmmm I'm personally going to keep it strictly In the "children's fiction" or ya category... But you can knock yourself out.

Seriously I agree that is best. I was just having a joke.

Now that you mention Discworld... Constable Visit-the-Infidel-with Explanatory-pamphlets comes to mind for fundies...

He can clear a large crowd in seconds, just by talking to them about religion and threatening them with pamphlets (principally Unadorned Facts, Battle Cry and Battle Call - whose names bear a curious resemblance to the Roundworld publications Plain Truth and War Cry). He spends all his wages on them and has even his own printing press. In off-duty moments he goes door to door with his fellow Omnian, Smite-the-Unbeliever-With-Cunning-Arguments. Samuel Vimes says he is a good copper, his highest form of personal praise. Entire pubs have been known to draw the curtains, turn off the lights and lie on the floor whimpering at news of his coming down the street.

Archived