IGNORED

Odds and ends at the Maxwells

SPHASH

This is sorta off-topic, but I was watching the children's cartoon Peppa Pig this afternoon with my granddaughter. In the first episode, Peppa's family -Peppa, Mummy, Daddy, and brother George- had to go to the supermarket. Mummy had a list of things to buy. When they got to the checkout, Mummy found that there was chocolate cake in the trolley(Daddy put it in) and it wasn't on the list! Mummy Pig decided that it was fine to get the cake and added to the list. It occurred to me that never would have happened at the Maxwells. They just wouldn't get a cake on the spur of the moment. The second episode had the Pig family going to the beach. Mummy wore a bikini and Daddy let himself be buried in the sand by the little kids. That wouldn't happen either. Can't be having fun!

I watch way too much Peppa (not by choice, but by Peppa obsessed two year old).

Despite most of the Maxwell kids being old enough to have a kid the same age, Steve would never let them watch Peppa Pig.

Peppa goes to preschool.

She has loads of friends outside of the family, and is a remarkably free range child considering she is only four-her friends ride their bikes to eachothers houses.

Mummy Pig is the parent with common sense in the family-she often proves Daddy Pig wrong instead of is a submissive little helpmeet.

No religion is mentioned.

The kids sometimes disobey their parents or are naughty.

They dance-Peppa did ballet lessons, and they sometimes dance to music.

There are women who work outside the home-most of the jobs go to Mrs Rabbit, who is the go to character for any job that doesn't have a set character assigned to it.

They aren't Quiverfull-most of the kids are only children. There are only a handful of families who have two kids, the Zebra family has three and the Rabbit family eventually grows to four.

I cant believe that Steve wouldn't let his adult kids watch shows aimed at pre-schoolers.

Are there any kids shows he would see as okay if he allowed TV?

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what did you think of the conference? Enquiring minds want to know? :)

I attended the afternoon sessions on Saturday, so I don't have a full dish to share...

The family reminded me of habitual beauty pageant contestants that know what they are supposed to do and do it. They were all attractive and nicely dressed and seemed like decent folk. Steve had a healthy, peachy skin tone compared to recent photographs that have been posted on their blog. Teri and Sarah are better looking in person. I agree with those who have written that Sarah almost certainly would be married if she had the usual number of contacts with her peers.

The homeschooling and marriage sessions were okay. Beginning or overwhelmed homeschoolers would have found new information; women in problem marriages might have found some ideas to try. There was no opportunity for women to attend the sessions for men or vice versa, which I expected, nor was there a great deal mentioned about death. Products were mentioned fairly regularly and gave what seemed to me an infomercial feeling to the sessions I attended. The sessions seemed a little "tired" to me, but the other attendees were quite enthusiastic. When I think back on the panel session at the end, I feel annoyed but cannot quite say why.

I agree with others who have written that while the information might have been new several years ago, the information is now available various other places.

I hope that Melanie's pregnancy is going well, and baby four is their last.

Sarah the Fertility Goddess had best stop praying for her then. ALL the women Sarah prays for expand their quivers, cause God listens to her more than he does heathens who wear knee length skirts and allow dust on their ceiling fans.

I am absolutely STUNNED that we did not get a graphic, blood-stained Jesus-death post last night or early this morning in order to set up the glory of the Resurrection Sunday post tomorrow. I know Steve is helping us know we are all failures via Dad's Corner but the audience isn't as wide. I'd think that certainly Sarah would have been encouraged to minister about the blood of Jesus (again) on the "family" blog.

Sarah the Fertility Goddess had best stop praying for her then. ALL the women Sarah prays for expand their quivers, cause God listens to her more than he does heathens who wear knee length skirts and allow dust on their ceiling fans.

What if Sarah doesn't know when to stop? She could keep praying for Mel to have another child instead of being grateful for what they have. That child could result in Mel's death. How would Sarah react?

If that happens her children and the rest of the family she leaves on earth should be be just happy because she's been promoted to heaven. Because that's the only important thing in life.

Do you know where you're going when you die?

If that happens her children and the rest of the family she leaves on earth should be be just happy because she's been promoted to heaven. Because that's the only important thing in life.

Do you know where you're going when you die?

Weird, but I thought this said biscuits are the only important thing in life. And, you know, I sorta agree with that.

Weird, but I thought this said biscuits are the only important thing in life. And, you know, I sorta agree with that.

Made with White Lily flour, no less.

I am posting this here because I really don't want to start yet another Maxwell thread. We have been discussing the Duggars' homeschooling and GED's. Did any of the Maxwell kids get their GED's?

I am posting this here because I really don't want to start yet another Maxwell thread. We have been discussing the Duggars' homeschooling and GED's. Did any of the Maxwell kids get their GED's?

I don't think they take the GED.

In Maxhell GEDs are for heathens.

The maxwells don't believe in real education. It's evil. :twisted: most likely they got a mommy diploma which means no real schooling

I attended the afternoon sessions on Saturday, so I don't have a full dish to share...

The family reminded me of habitual beauty pageant contestants that know what they are supposed to do and do it. They were all attractive and nicely dressed and seemed like decent folk. Steve had a healthy, peachy skin tone compared to recent photographs that have been posted on their blog. Teri and Sarah are better looking in person. I agree with those who have written that Sarah almost certainly would be married if she had the usual number of contacts with her peers.

The homeschooling and marriage sessions were okay. Beginning or overwhelmed homeschoolers would have found new information; women in problem marriages might have found some ideas to try. There was no opportunity for women to attend the sessions for men or vice versa, which I expected, nor was there a great deal mentioned about death. Products were mentioned fairly regularly and gave what seemed to me an infomercial feeling to the sessions I attended. The sessions seemed a little "tired" to me, but the other attendees were quite enthusiastic. When I think back on the panel session at the end, I feel annoyed but cannot quite say why.

I agree with others who have written that while the information might have been new several years ago, the information is now available various other places.

Yes, we all seem to have similar reactions and almost use the same words to describe the conference. They are all better looking in person, the sessions, for women at least, are tired and the conference comes over as a long infomericial. We only have Mr.P's take on Steve's session for men - and that is where Death and the Beast came up big-time. Steve pissed Mr.P. off greatly. No-one has attended a complete conference so far. I couldn't have taken it myself!

Can you say more about the bolded? I only sat through the Managers of the Home/Home schooling session and she did not mention marriage in that. Teri's written solutions to problem marriages have seemed really passive-aggressive "submission" techniques. Example: Don't correct your husband if he takes the wrong road, that would be wrong. Just sit there meekly and submissively while he drives for miles in the wrong direction!

Yes, we all seem to have similar reactions and almost use the same words to describe the conference. They are all better looking in person, the sessions, for women at least, are tired and the conference comes over as a long infomericial. We only have Mr.P's take on Steve's session for men - and that is where Death and the Beast came up big-time. Steve pissed Mr.P. off greatly. No-one has attended a complete conference so far. I couldn't have taken it myself!

Can you say more about the bolded? I only sat through the Managers of the Home/Home schooling session and she did not mention marriage in that. Teri's written solutions to problem marriages have seemed really passive-aggressive "submission" techniques. Example: Don't correct your husband if he takes the wrong road, that would be wrong. Just sit there meekly and submissively while he drives for miles in the wrong direction!

Is there any man in the world who would appreciate that and wouldn't be annoyed when he realises he is going the wrong way but his wife knew all along and didn't tell him.

Archived