IGNORED

Erin miscarried

hollyandivy

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
By the way, the Crown College website says graduation is Monday May 5

I hope Erin will graduate with her classmates. I know it means a lot to her.. Not taking up for Clown College but I still feel a bit protective towards Erin after her miscarriage.

And YES, it has been made abundantly clear that almost every female here has experienced one or more miscarriages, myself included, but this thread is about Erin's miscarriage.

And YES, it has been made abundantly clear that almost every female here has experienced one or more miscarriages, myself included, but this thread is about Erin's miscarriage.

Really? REALLY???

I've never had a m/c.

and thank goodness bc if I had,my mom might have wanted to have a funeral for it! (Duggars come to mind).that's just over the top.

I hope Erin will graduate with her classmates. I know it means a lot to her.. Not taking up for Clown College but I still feel a bit protective towards Erin after her miscarriage.

This is quite the passionate post. Do you know Erin personally?

Of course I don't know Erin. However, the event was blogged about by Chad, he provided additional details as noted here, and her photo was sad. I'm an empathetic person regardless of religious or cultural differences.

If I knew any fundie person, I would have said so when I joined this site.

My post was not passionate. It is sad to read about so many M/Cs, D and Cs, pain, heartbreak, and so forth. 12 pages of personal stories of reproductive issues not related to Erin Paine gets to be depressing, at least to me.

Of course I don't know Erin. However, the event was blogged about by Chad, he provided additional details as noted here, and her photo was sad. I'm an empathetic person regardless of religious or cultural differences.

If I knew any fundie person, I would have said so when I joined this site.

My post was not passionate. It is sad to read about so many M/Cs, D and Cs, pain, heartbreak, and so forth. 12 pages of personal stories of reproductive issues not related to Erin Paine gets to be depressing, at least to me.

You're so empathetic that you'll happily moan that people's tragic life events are a downer for you? Yes, I just feel you radiating empathy :roll:

I haven't " happily moaned" about anyone's personal tragedy, and you are wrong to make that judgment.

All the losses which have been posted about are sad, and yes, it is depressing.

If you never feel sad or depressed reading posts about MANY losses and hurts, then YOU have problems relating to others. I know I don't have.

I am new posting here but not reading here. You do not have the right to try to bait or bully me by twisting my words and adding your own malevolent " take" on what I posted. The words " sad" and "depressing" are exactly what losses of wanted pregnancies are to me and many other women.

Many women find comfort in sharing their experiences with people who have gone through something similar. Losing a baby can be very lonely and isolating. Finding comfort and feeling less alone isn't a bad thing, as evidenced by the 12 pages of people reaching out to each other here. Not wanting that same comfort yourself isn't a reason to discourage others from seeking it.

Feeling less alone in loss is ALWAYS a good thing. If something is too sad or depressing, no one is required to read it.

I haven't " happily moaned" about anyone's personal tragedy, and you are wrong to make that judgment.

If you never feel sad or depressed reading posts about MANY losses and hurts, then YOU have problems relating to others. I know I don't have.

I am new posting here but not reading here. You do not have the right to try to bait or bully me by twisting my words and adding your own malevolent " take" on what I posted. The words " sad" and "depressing" are exactly what losses of wanted pregnancies are to me and many other women.

Twice in two threads?

You volunteered information in the last, somebody disagreed maybe not pleasantly and you reacted EXACTLY the same way. YOU DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT blah de blah.

Bully Blah de blah. Advice maybe. If you do not want others to comment on your posts don't write them. Intent is difficult to discern, I know this well. Others took your comment as offence. I just thought oh well never heard of off topic threads because very few threads here stay on topic. If they did this one would be 4 posts long.

Long story short. CHILL OUT! As per your previous thread I am sure she had health insurance or Scamaritan Ministries. This post brought to you by a bleeding heart contributor to the NHS :D All alcoholics gladly treated.

I think I would understand your sentiment better if FJ threads usually stayed on topic and this was the exception. But the reverse is true: we commonly stray from the topic and this thread is typical of the board.

I know that stories of loss are sadder than tales of wedding faux pas (currently the Alyssa and John thread), best laundry practices (the Zsu thread for a while), modest wedding dresses (Erin's (?) Wedding thread from a while back), but it's no more of a tangent than we usually go on.

Eventually, there will be real news on the Erin/Chad front, and then we'll go back on topic, as we do for most other threads. It's no more wrong for people to share personal stories here than it is on any of the other threads.

Personally, I think that not being forced to stay on topic is one of the things that sets FJ apart, though I do find it completely boring at times. Whether or not you agree, I think that ship has sailed though, and you may be fighting a losing battle.

OTBT, yes, I feel bullied here at this point in time. I think it is because I am new to posting here, and also because my viewpoints are not " cookie cutter FJ" ones. I have very divergent viewpoints on politics and religion, obviously, and probably many other things too.

I do believe that twisting another poster's words ( mine) into malicious or unkind meanings which were not meant at all nor implied is bullying. If I have a question about what someone's post meant and felt strongly enough about it, I would ASK instead of assuming the worst about that person.

Also, this site has a PM feature which allows the interaction and clarification if, again, the issue is that important to another poster. IMO, nothing discussed here is important enough for there to be way over the top hostility.

I think I am not the only one who needs to chill. And I do not mean you. Thank you for your reply. Your perspective is helpful to me. And... all alcoholics should be treated if they seek treatment. :)

I don't care if threads stay on topic. Off topic is apparently the way some people think and respond. I respect their right to be OT.

Oh, HappilyHeathen. Come on, now. Nobody on Free Jinger is 'cookie cutter'. Yes, some opinions prevail more than others, but I think you'll find that we're a pretty diverse crowd. I don't think anyone is trying to bully you. People disagree with me here all the time, sometimes they're very snarky about it (sometimes rightly so, sometimes I'm too snarky myself), but it's an internet forum. You just have to have a sense of humour about it. Because I guarantee you this won't be the last time one or more people call you out on something you post!

OTBT, yes, I feel bullied here at this point in time. I think it is because I am new to posting here, and also because my viewpoints are not " cookie cutter FJ" ones. I have very divergent viewpoints on politics and religion, obviously, and probably many other things too.

I do believe that twisting another poster's words ( mine) into malicious or unkind meanings which were not meant at all nor implied is bullying. If I have a question about what someone's post meant and felt strongly enough about it, I would ASK instead of assuming the worst about that person.

Also, this site has a PM feature which allows the interaction and clarification if, again, the issue is that important to another poster. IMO, nothing discussed here is important enough for there to be way over the top hostility.

I think I am not the only one who needs to chill. And I do not mean you. Thank you for your reply. Your perspective is helpful to me. And... all alcoholics should be treated if they seek treatment. :)

I don't care if threads stay on topic. Off topic is apparently the way some people think and respond. I respect their right to be OT.

I'm kind of heavy on piss take and low on empathy at times. I think though poke about a bit more. You are most certainly not divergent and although it can appear there are cookie cutter types very few fit into all. I am for instance far from cookie cutter on many FJ issues but if you take into account my demographic and geographical position that is not unusual but can cause many a problem for me and others when conversing.

It is not bullying though. Even if they shout and swear at you in a post or call you bad names a la Lori Anderson. PM is pants in my personal view for that type of thing. If we did not have these debates on the board we would not have a board. PM is for times it intentionally would be boring for others or not relevant.

If you had read the other posters posts on the other thread you would have seen she/he was not being intrusive or judgy but often pursues topics or views which interest her in that manner. I've never found her/him in any way disrespectful. It's not really your call how others interpret your words. I took one meaning another poster took another. IF anything rather than call it hostility maybe look at HOW you are saying it until folks get familiar with your style. THIS coming from me is a flaming joke btw. I ALWAYS end up offending somebody :lol: I had historically one of the the worst ever starts on this board. The present owner even called me the most annoying poster at one point :lol: I think we get on really well now (she may disagree :) )

Just don't turn out to be HGR's Mother Troll.

Kelly mentioned in comments yesterday on the Bates blog that Erin and Chad recently joined Temple Baptist Church, the home of Crown College.

templebaptistchurch.com/

I wonder if this is an indicator that they plan to stay in East Tennessee after this spring (although who knows if Erin will graduate in May as planned).

Its interesting that they aren't going to Gil's church!

Many fundie colleges have rules stating that married students must attend their affiliated churches. I'm not sure if Crown does, but it is the normal requirement.

When Erin was unmarried it was expected that she attend a suitable church, chosen by her father. Now she's considered an adult, she and her husband are treated differently by Crown and different expectations are placed on them (even though Chad isn't a student).

Oh, HappilyHeathen. Come on, now. Nobody on Free Jinger is 'cookie cutter'. Yes, some opinions prevail more than others, but I think you'll find that we're a pretty diverse crowd. I don't think anyone is trying to bully you. People disagree with me here all the time, sometimes they're very snarky about it (sometimes rightly so, sometimes I'm too snarky myself), but it's an internet forum. You just have to have a sense of humour about it. Because I guarantee you this won't be the last time one or more people call you out on something you post!

Point in question. I think I called singsing a fundie once. Sorry about that :lol: . She/he is not. Different values, straight to the point but not cookie cutter. Takes all kinds.

Point in question. I think I called singsing a fundie once. Sorry about that :lol: . She/he is not. Different values, straight to the point but not cookie cutter. Takes all kinds.

Haha! I don't remember that, but I love it. Yeah, I am decidedly not a fundie, but you know what, sometimes arguments get heated on here and since we're here snarking on fundies the snark gets turned against one another. Whatever, it's a snark board. It's not that I don't enjoy FJ and respect the posters here, because I do, but I have to say I don't take it all that seriously. And all that being said, I don't think I've ever seen anyone straight out attacked, called terrible names, or anything like that... not unless they're being truly reprehensible.

I was wondering who dumped the piranhas in the water again.

Piranha_emoticon_by_Fuesousha_Kinoko_zps2059c337.gif

The snark on fellow posters did get a hair overheated for a moment. :mouse-shock:

I was wondering who dumped the piranhas in the water again.

Piranha_emoticon_by_Fuesousha_Kinoko_zps2059c337.gif

The snark on fellow posters did get a hair overheated for a moment. :mouse-shock:

Well benefit of the doubt and all that but with all the Ken fun this is just prime time for our ever loving trolls to bounce a few IP's. NOT saying that this is the case here but my FREEJINGER DIGEST dar is pinging this week :lol: Maybe formergothardite will get her devil o the week one of these days. I will find out where all my illegitimate imaginary children are (bless em) and we will all have to hear how our dried up and or drippy lipped vaginas are doing. Fun times :lol:

Well benefit of the doubt and all that but with all the Ken fun this is just prime time for our ever loving trolls to bounce a few IP's. NOT saying that this is the case here but my FREEJINGER DIGEST dar is pinging this week :lol: Maybe formergothardite will get her devil o the week one of these days. I will find out where all my illegitimate imaginary children are (bless em) and we will all have to hear how our dried up and or drippy lipped vaginas are doing. Fun times :lol:

Your poor imaginary illegitimate children. :( I think if Ken was giving out Devil of the Week it would go to Koala for being evil enough to quote Lori word for word.

I thought it was flappy, not drippy? Well, there goes my memory, too, dammit.

I haven't "baited or bullied" you, and you are wrong to make that judgement.

The point of empathy in this situation would be to realise that announcing that you find people reaching out and sharing their experiences is 'sad and depressing' for you completely disregards the feelings of those who have done so on this thread. Of course I find the stories sad, but I would not make a post implying that others should STFU because it's sad for me. Especially not when claiming to be an empathetic person. If the thread makes you sad and depressed, click away and read something else.

Adidas sums up my feelings entirely so I am QFT

Many women find comfort in sharing their experiences with people who have gone through something similar. Losing a baby can be very lonely and isolating. Finding comfort and feeling less alone isn't a bad thing, as evidenced by the 12 pages of people reaching out to each other here. Not wanting that same comfort yourself isn't a reason to discourage others from seeking it.

If you had read the other posters posts on the other thread you would have seen she/he was not being intrusive or judgy but often pursues topics or views which interest her in that manner. I've never found her/him in any way disrespectful. It's not really your call how others interpret your words. I took one meaning another poster took another. IF anything rather than call it hostility maybe look at HOW you are saying it until folks get familiar with your style. THIS coming from me is a flaming joke btw. I ALWAYS end up offending somebody :lol: I had historically one of the the worst ever starts on this board. The present owner even called me the most annoying poster at one point :lol: I think we get on really well now (she may disagree :) )

Just don't turn out to be HGR's Mother Troll.

She does not disagree ;)

HGR alert has already been sounded and is being checked into. At this point, it doesn't appear to be the case, but more than one person sees the resemblance.

Advising to proceed with caution and prepare for summer mani/pedi shades if needed.

Fluffy Bunny over and out :animals-bunny:

No, I'm not a troll and have no prior history with FJ other than reading here for a few months. I have posted a couple of times on the TWoP Duggar forum but the moderation is so weird at that site. I got some kind of (-3) thing because I didn't use the quote feature correctly. ( I think they changed the quote feature and I didn't know it).

I read some on this site when it had a different URL, and the talk was mostly about the Duggars, it seemed. Very very humorous and the way I felt about them and all their many quirks and so forth.

I guess real trolls say they aren't trolls either, but I wouldn't know how to be a troll. I was sincere about hoping Erin the best and hoping she gets to graduate, because some education is better than none at all, and because I don't hate on the Bates' children like I do some of the older Duggars. :)

The original concept of this board, to " free Jinger Duggar" is brilliant satire. I wish we could free all the Duggar girls- and Josiah. He's really the only Duggar male I've ever found to be remotely interesting or worth freeing.

Archived