IGNORED

Catholics belief in birth control is evil

fundiefun

We're not planning on getting married in a Catholic Church, but there's the whole question of children (not to mention Catholic convert in-laws). It's not the only thing that's making me think hard about the RCC.

The military archdiocese has the flat rate, unfortunately. I've given some thought to diocese shopping but... it basically gets to a point where I just wonder why I would even bother.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A largish percentage of my Catholic friends (as well as my Protestant ones) have, erm, not saved themselves for marriage. I don't know any denomination that's like, "Oh, well, you know, premarital sex isn't so bad," and I know plenty of religious people who do it, so I figure the whole birth control thing is like that.

Oh, oh, oh, I LOVE me some Fisheaters craziness! It's so obvious they're just fundies with slightly different rules. The modesty OCDness, the "submission," the conspiracy theories, it's all awesome! :lol:

Dude, you've gotta check out that other forum, then. It makes FIsheaters look like a frat party. Google "angel queen forum" and it'll be the very first link. I occasionally find these forums hilarious, occasionally depressing. I can't help but wonder how many relatively normal-seeming people think this way. Fortunately, I think it's the minority of the minority.

I will say that reading some of the stuff on those trad forums, I can kind of see how, being raised by a father who probably falls in with the Angel Queen crowd (and probably to the right of them), Mel Gibson wound up so screwed up. I mean... jeez. Yeah.

Sorry, just wanted to do a NWI shout-out. That's all (not that it's super-awesome or anything, but I'm recognizin'). 8-)

Grew up in North Liberty and went to High School at Penn in Mishawaka. My brother still lives there so I am back a lot.

I was raised Catholic and many of my relatives are Catholic and I know a few of them do use or used birth control.

Archived