IGNORED

ENERGIZE! new conferences by the Maxhells

love2scrap

Energize?

I wou

Steve's routine is the opposite of that. Hearing him talk would probably put you to sleep.

No "probably" about it, when you're not retching and recoiling at his repulsive ideas. :roll:

ETA!!! They leave The Bus Formerly Known As Uriah out to the elements???? I would've bet dollars to doughnuts that Maxwell Construction Co. had built at least a shed, much less a garage to protect their investment. These folk never ever ever fail to amaze and confound me. But then, that's probably what they're going for with regard to a person like me.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, this new post seems to be a desperate plug about a NEW! and IMPROVED! conference that Stevehovah is hoping will revive the demand for conferences. The number of conferences scheduled this year seems to have nosedived, according to what the blog archives reveal. You know that word has gotten around about the extremely-cloistered nature of the family. When will the Maxwells realize that the decrease in number of conferences is directly correlated to the extremism that they're spouting? Oh, I know. Never.

OK, hadn't seen it (though I admit, I don't go to their site often)

I will say this has got to be one of the more stupid testimonials in the history of marketing:

Didn't she just offer an endorsement for the tool that is the add on to her own book, created by her family and the proceeds of which go into her pocket?

And, can't I just use Excel to do this, without buying their ScheduleBreeze crap?

Their house looks so boring, like its not even lived in. It doesn't look like somewhere a family lives.

I bet it looked like that when the kids were little too, no toys left out on the floor, or drawings proudly displayed on the wall, or any evidence that a child lived there, let alone 8 of them. Like Erika Shupe's house, it doesn't look like kids live there, even the bedrooms don't look like they belong to a child.

I prefer the kind of house that isn't perfect and shows the personality of the owners (although the bland, boring Maxwell house does show off the owner's personality-none of them have one). The one that isn't always spotlessly clean, but isn't disgustingly filthy either. The one with kids drawings hung up on the wall, family photos, ornaments that reflect the owner's interests, a stray cat toy lying there in the middle of the floor, posters on bedroom walls, kids bedrooms with toys set up in positions, ready for the owner of those toys to come back and finish playing the game once they get home from school...

The giant JESUS letters on the wall are creepy and disturbing.

Ok, so I am not the only one that thought so.

Though the cranberry red on the wall really dates things. So 90's. And the floral window toppers.

This schtick will be the same tired, mind-numbing old Maxwell wine in a new bottle. It's their use of exclamations as an attempt to attract attention (ENERGIZE! Amazing! Exciting time! Special!!) that I find most grating. Other fundies market their products this way, too (Botkinettes: "We're SO exCIted to announce our new book/webinar/conference - we can't WAIT to share it!!"), as if they've made some rare new discovery with which to grace the select few. It reminds me of the old boxes of Tide laundry detergent, reworked to include the words New! Improved! Inside? The same old soap.

As the folks on Madison Avenue say, "Let's put some lipstick on this pig."

Their house looks so boring, like its not even lived in. It doesn't look like somewhere a family lives.

I bet it looked like that when the kids were little too, no toys left out on the floor, or drawings proudly displayed on the wall, or any evidence that a child lived there, let alone 8 of them. Like Erika Shupe's house, it doesn't look like kids live there, even the bedrooms don't look like they belong to a child.

I prefer the kind of house that isn't perfect and shows the personality of the owners (although the bland, boring Maxwell house does show off the owner's personality-none of them have one). The one that isn't always spotlessly clean, but isn't disgustingly filthy either. The one with kids drawings hung up on the wall, family photos, ornaments that reflect the owner's interests, a stray cat toy lying there in the middle of the floor, posters on bedroom walls, kids bedrooms with toys set up in positions, ready for the owner of those toys to come back and finish playing the game once they get home from school...

My parents are getting ready to sell the house they've lived in for almost 60 years, so they've done what realtors advise you to do and stripped it of just about all personal items. As a result, when I looked at the photos that accompany the online listing, I don't even recognize the place. It's an absolutely gorgeous house but all of the life, all of the personality, everything that makes it a HOME is gone and in its place is just a sterile bunch of rooms. It'd kind of chilling actually. And it's exactly the same feeling I get when I look at pictures of the Maxwell abode. No life, no personality but honestly, when you think about it, it's not surprising. What else do the Maxwells do but go through the motions of living in the here and now. No, it's all about what happens when you DIE so as long as their home functions, who gives a fuck about form?

Looking through their photos, I am really surprised by the fact that they wear shoes in the house. It's not something I've paid attention to/noticed before, but the Maxwells seem so clean. Wearing shoes indoors feels like something they wouldn't do.

Looking through their photos, I am really surprised by the fact that they wear shoes in the house. It's not something I've paid attention to/noticed before, but the Maxwells seem so clean. Wearing shoes indoors feels like something they wouldn't do.

Feet can be defrauding! I'll bet they change their shoes when they come in from the outdoors.

Unusual, she says. :? Errr......they spent time together as usual. They sought the Lord together as usual. They ate as usual. Oh wait! Steve took them out to eat. Well alert the media Ya'll!! :pink-shock:

Ugh. So vanilla.

It seems like this is directed at FJ to prove they aren't so rigid. Well, they certainly aren't fun.

Perhaps the unusual thing was that Steve asked his children for their opinion? Or does his version of brainstorming not mean what most people think it means? Which is far more likely.

The first thing that came to mind when I saw the new brainstorming post was at last, Steve is admitting his family's conferences are a bust. It's kind of a duh moment for the rest of us as to why but I doubt the Maxwells are that self-aware.

See, the problem is that the Maxwells like to see themselves as "above" the unwashed masses. They like to pretend they live in some kind of isolated splendor. No current events touch them. They don't tangle with pop culture. They float through life, cut off from the "evils" of the world. The problem is, you keep yourself away from people too much, people will likewise do the same. Who wants to follow a family that think themselves removed from everyday life?

More importantly, their inability to marry off their daughters, especially their eldest, and their struggle with marrying off Christopher (by fundie standards), plus two broken engagements are turning into red flags. The Maxwells cater to the quiverful fundie pie. More than anything else, this movement value the maintenance of large families. They want their daughters to marry well and their sons find good jobs. The Maxwells are selling a lifestyle where the girls are never married and the guys get jobs from Dad.

The Maxwells themselves are unaware of this perception. I can imagine their brainstorming session to consist of the family parroting the company line and tossing it back to Steve as a "brainstorm". I doubt anyone will realize the problem is the message itself, rather than the presentation.

What's more, I'm surprised the family cast aside their precious schedule to do this. Snacks at noon? Going out to eat in the late afternoon? Why didn't they do a post about their "special" outing?! It's so odd that they moved their meal schedule!! Then again, maybe Steve wanted to mark the day "special" by taking everyone out, but feared doing so when there would be heathens around. Late afternoon is ideal for having no one in the restaurant.

As for the "new" content, I can't imagine what they'd add. They can't talk about courting, since Christopher and Nathan are no longer touring and Joseph is the only one who courted. They can't talk about different careers. The Maxwells all work together doing IT work. School's a good subject except they've beat it to death and the only talk about college is "don't go".

Maybe they could speak on home renovations? Growing old and being single? Having "special" family time every day? How to go through life avoiding close friendships? How to create your own church? I'm racking my brain trying to figure out what they could possibly talk about in their bland lives.

What I anticipate is that the Maxwells will try to pimp out their stuff one more time. They will most likely get no takers, because people stay away not due to their lack of new content, but from their cultish lifestyle. The Maxwells can dress up their lifestyle however way they want, people will still realize it's weird and isolationist. I think Steve will hit a point where the ministry will dry up. He will come to realize either his message changes or he must retire. My guess: Steve and Teri will retire from their ministry. Their sons will continue the family consulting business. Everyone will continue to puzzle over why no one wants to marry the boys, and why the girls can't find suitable husbands.

They started talking about winding down the conferences a couple of years ago, but the reason given was because the children would marry and no longer be available. It does seem like the conferences are running out of steam, but since the whole marriage thing is pretty much off the table, I wonder what other face-saving reason they'll give for stopping that aspect of their ministry. Based on the pictures of their inventory that they post on the blog, either their books still do well or they're ordering enough to take them through the End Times.

Steve has a certain snake-like charisma (for lack of a better word) and a presents himself as a forbidding, but commanding patriarch. The only one I can see taking over if he retires is Christopher, who seems to have inherited that same holy stick up his ass, but I don't think he's got the same presence as Steve. And with a young and growing family, I don't see a lot of travel in his future.

I wonder if part of Energize! will be their relationship with exercise. Everything from hiking to kettle ball to climbing up and down a step-ladder to clean ceiling fans. Get those endorphins going!

I'm trying to reconcile the energy and verve of EXCITE! with...the Maxwells. The Maxwells, who are the least exciting people, ever.

Here's what bothers me about their house: no books. That the walls are all beige and their decor is depressingly generic is bad enough, but that there are NO BOOKS makes me feel bleak and sad inside. It's the ultimate proof that I could never live in MaxHell.

Oh, sure, I expect there's a small bookcase or two somewhere in the house, with such books (including cookbooks and software manuals) the MaxKids are allowed to read. But having seen the paltry microwave-cart homeschool library Terri used, I know that books, like hobbies, have to justify themselves either by serving the cult's moneymaking activities, or reinforcing the Word of Stevehovah. Steve and Terri clearly don't value any education beyond the minimum necessary to work for the family business; knowing anything about the wider world is irrelevant; fantasy and other realities is no doubt considered anathema (because the kids might dream of other lives for themselves); and reading purely for pleasure? That's an idol, taking one's mind off Jesus/Steve/Death, and we can't have that!

And on that note, I should head down to the post office to pick up my latest Amazon order. I have no i have no idea where I'm going to put it, but I'll just stack them somewhere, along with the rest...

The first thing that came to mind when I saw the new brainstorming post was at last, Steve is admitting his family's conferences are a bust. It's kind of a duh moment for the rest of us as to why but I doubt the Maxwells are that self-aware.

See, the problem is that the Maxwells like to see themselves as "above" the unwashed masses. They like to pretend they live in some kind of isolated splendor. No current events touch them. They don't tangle with pop culture. They float through life, cut off from the "evils" of the world. The problem is, you keep yourself away from people too much, people will likewise do the same. Who wants to follow a family that think themselves removed from everyday life?

More importantly, their inability to marry off their daughters, especially their eldest, and their struggle with marrying off Christopher (by fundie standards), plus two broken engagements are turning into red flags. The Maxwells cater to the quiverful fundie pie. More than anything else, this movement value the maintenance of large families. They want their daughters to marry well and their sons find good jobs. The Maxwells are selling a lifestyle where the girls are never married and the guys get jobs from Dad.

The Maxwells themselves are unaware of this perception. I can imagine their brainstorming session to consist of the family parroting the company line and tossing it back to Steve as a "brainstorm". I doubt anyone will realize the problem is the message itself, rather than the presentation.

What's more, I'm surprised the family cast aside their precious schedule to do this. Snacks at noon? Going out to eat in the late afternoon? Why didn't they do a post about their "special" outing?! It's so odd that they moved their meal schedule!! Then again, maybe Steve wanted to mark the day "special" by taking everyone out, but feared doing so when there would be heathens around. Late afternoon is ideal for having no one in the restaurant.

As for the "new" content, I can't imagine what they'd add. They can't talk about courting, since Christopher and Nathan are no longer touring and Joseph is the only one who courted. They can't talk about different careers. The Maxwells all work together doing IT work. School's a good subject except they've beat it to death and the only talk about college is "don't go".

Maybe they could speak on home renovations? Growing old and being single? Having "special" family time every day? How to go through life avoiding close friendships? How to create your own church? I'm racking my brain trying to figure out what they could possibly talk about in their bland lives.

What I anticipate is that the Maxwells will try to pimp out their stuff one more time. They will most likely get no takers, because people stay away not due to their lack of new content, but from their cultish lifestyle. The Maxwells can dress up their lifestyle however way they want, people will still realize it's weird and isolationist. I think Steve will hit a point where the ministry will dry up. He will come to realize either his message changes or he must retire. My guess: Steve and Teri will retire from their ministry. Their sons will continue the family consulting business. Everyone will continue to puzzle over why no one wants to marry the boys, and why the girls can't find suitable husbands.

I am also surpised they altered the meal schedule however I am relatively sure it's because of early-bird specials for non-seniors.

I can think of a perfect topic for their next seminar - The "kids" could talk about finding contentment in a stifling and abusive relationship. How edifying.

"I am also surpised they altered the meal schedule however I am relatively sure it's because of early-bird specials for non-seniors.

I can think of a perfect topic for their next seminar - The "kids" could talk about finding contentment in a stifling and abusive relationship. How edifying.

"I am also surpised they altered the meal schedule however I am relatively sure it's because of early-bird specials for non-seniors.

"

That must have been crazy exciting. Imagine them all gathering around the chart watching Mama Terie put a big ole X through the day's schedule. Next thing we know they'll be eating burritos on Saturday instead of Sunday and watching YouTube videos!!

I honestly can't think of anything else they could talk about. Their lives are so limited, and they never really try anything new or change anything in a meaningful way.

I wonder if part of Energize! will be their relationship with exercise. Everything from hiking to kettle ball to climbing up and down a step-ladder to clean ceiling fans. Get those endorphins going!

That's what I was thinking, especially given the title of their conference. There seemed to be some interest on their exercise post about exercising with a Christian theme as it (apparently) is not discussed much in Christian. That might be their new niche. Although, I have no idea how to exercise in a Christian (other than in a skirt of course!). Maybe you have to say Bible verses while you work out or something.

That's what I was thinking, especially given the title of their conference. There seemed to be some interest on their exercise post about exercising with a Christian theme as it (apparently) is not discussed much in Christian. That might be their new niche. Although, I have no idea how to exercise in a Christian (other than in a skirt of course!). Maybe you have to say Bible verses while you work out or something.

Virtual shovel .... :? :cray-cray:

Next project for the Maxwells

Your body is God's temple, and you want to keep it in shape to please him, but tired of working out in the gym with all it's worldly influences. Tired of exercise routines infused with secular, humanistic, evolutionary, homosexual and feminist propaganda?

From the family that brought you Master's of your home, ITonRamp, and the best selling CD - Simple Faith, Trust and Obey, now bring you ENERGIZE!

On-line personal training with a godly focus!!

The Maxwells will walk you through your exercise routine, with hymns playing softly in the background and scripture reading between sets!*

Separate sessions for the men and women.

Men will be able to contact a mentor for advice, women will be able to contact a mentor's assistant. She will not be able to provide advice, just encouragement.

*Dietary planing will be available for and additional cost.

Archived