IGNORED

John Shrader just completed his first solo flight!

SPHASH

From Facebook: Praise Report!!!

Thanks everybody for praying for me, I just flew my initial solo flight! SO EXCITED!!!! AMEN!!!!

Ba Lesa ba chindikwe! (To God be the glory!)

Damn. That's one step closer to Zambia. I only hope that when his poorly maintained bucket of bolts drops out of the sky somewhere above the African bush he doesn't take anyone else with him.

In my country flight classes are very expensive and I suppose it's the same in US. Taking these classes when you have 8 children living in a tent is extremely selfish. I mean...he's not planning to work as a pilot, it's just his hobby/minister thing.

No way Kellers can be proud of that. But probably they shut up because Esther is their most fundie daughter. If one of their children who left fundieland were living in poverty, sure Kellers will use it to prove that mainstream life is bad.

I wonder what does Anna think. She must realise that having so many children is not a good idea. Maybe she's confident that Josh will always provide, but even with his work, it won't be easy to properly feed and clothe 8 children.

Damn. That's one step closer to Zambia. I only hope that when his poorly maintained bucket of bolts drops out of the sky somewhere above the African bush he doesn't take anyone else with him.

This.

BTW, I don't think the family is living in a tent right now. I think the family is living in the basement of his "home church" for the winter but can't remember where I saw that info.

I'm going to ask for a mod either to merge the Shrader threads or correct the spelling of the name in the title. I don't want to lose any Shrader developments by the wayside. :mrgreen:

I hope this doesn't mean he will make it to Zambia. His last video about his children made it clear that he plans to take no precautions to protect them and he pretty much expects some of them to die.

So does that mean he has his pilots licence? He was posting about his exams a few days ago...

When I took flying lessons you had to complete 3 solo flights and then fly with an evaluator before getting your license.

Sounds like he just got his solo endorsement from his flight instructor (assuming he's completing flight training in the U.S.). You need at least 10 hours of solo time (and meet other requirements) to qualify as a private pilot.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I hope Esther gets pregnant soon so they have to wait another year and then they deplete their funds so they have to wait even longer.

Sounds like he just got his solo endorsement from his flight instructor (assuming he's completing flight training in the U.S.). You need at least 10 hours of solo time (and meet other requirements) to qualify as a private pilot.

Other requirements? If they are academic (to John) tests perhaps he'll fail them. Off to google requirements for qualifications but would appreciate any personal experiences with pilot training anyone wants to share!

When did he claim he was going to be in Zambia? I know it was by last Thanksgiving but I thought he had said April or May. I am really scared for his children because he treats them like they are disposable props for his missionary lifestyle.

Other requirements? If they are academic (to John) tests perhaps he'll fail them. Off to google requirements for qualifications but would appreciate any personal experiences with pilot training anyone wants to share!

Way back when: Three solo flights were required, each increasingly longer. Ground part was a lot of math. I went to ground school, where they taught to the test, so I passed, though I still had to study.

If he's done his first solo, he may still have more flying to do, as well as his ground test, and check ride.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I hope Esther gets pregnant soon so they have to wait another year and then they deplete their funds so they have to wait even longer.

This. It's sad bc that's the better alternative

What makes us think he wouldn't just haul a pregnant Esther along?

I just thought of that. I think he would drag her there and make her give birth in Zambia.

This guy disgusts me. Everything is all about him and living out his Zambia fantasy. The well-being of his wife and children don't seem to be a consideration to him at all. He just needs to grow up, settle down, get a paying job and provide for his family. I can't even imagine living the way they do.

I think it really is a fantasy to him. Being this bold missionary, saving the heathen souls of Africa, getting adoration from the people back home. But reality isn't going to be like that so what is he going to do when he gets to Zambia and it isn't all fun and games?

I hope this doesn't mean he will make it to Zambia. His last video about his children made it clear that he plans to take no precautions to protect them and he pretty much expects some of them to die.

What?!? What does he "expect" to happen to them? Those poor kiddos.

What?!? What does he "expect" to happen to them? Those poor kiddos.

Lord willing his kids will have another birthday but he expects snakes, diseases, mosquitoes with malaria and lots of dangerous things for children. This is the guy who is currently driving around in a van that looks totally dangerous on the inside. Isn't there a large fan hanging directly in front of a carseat? I don't think he cares about keeping his kids safe.

I was hoping this would be about Mr. Schrader surviving Flappy Bird, but looks like he's flying a real plane.

His kids are just martyrs for Jesus. If they get sick or hurt, he can point to how much he has suffered for Christ without having to put up with too much himself.

Lord willing his kids will have another birthday but he expects snakes, diseases, mosquitoes with malaria and lots of dangerous things for children. This is the guy who is currently driving around in a van that looks totally dangerous on the inside. Isn't there a large fan hanging directly in front of a carseat? I don't think he cares about keeping his kids safe.

Wow, I am stunned. How can a man feel no love for his own children. He is suppose to be their "umbrella". Even Steve maxwell doesn't want to see his children die. And the Kellers are "OK" with this?

Archived