IGNORED

Jesse Maxwell is gonna homeschool

WonderingInWA

I'm still trying to wrap my head around if Sarah at 32 has any say on when she gets to go to sleep or get up?

Same with Joe and John as they are 24 and 23 respectively.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do you not go insane if that's the case? I can't believe none of them have snapped.

Same with Joe and John as they are 24 and 23 respectively.

But she totally CHOOSES to go to bed at nine every night, just like she CHOOSES to be a SAHD and CHOOSES to eat those burritos every Sunday.

How do you not go insane if that's the case? I can't believe none of them have snapped.

Same here. I wonder if in the beginning they thought about leaving. But they may not know how to.

Just imagine, Chris went to bed a "child" at 31 or 32ish, at the time his Daddy told him, woke up the next day to be married, have his first kiss, TOUCH his wife for the first time, then go to bed with a woman for the first time.

Just imagine, Chris went to bed a "child" at 31 or 32ish, at the time his Daddy told him, woke up the next day to be married, have his first kiss, TOUCH his wife for the first time, then go to bed with a woman for the first time.

I have always believed it took Christopher and NR-Anna at least a couple of months to consummate their marriage. At least I hope he gave her that respect. The two of them were so naive and indoctrinated in their puritan ways, I'm sure it was an awkward-fest on the wedding night.

I have always believed it took Christopher and NR-Anna at least a couple of months to consummate their marriage. At least I hope he gave her that respect. The two of them were so naive and indoctrinated in their puritan ways, I'm sure it was an awkward-fest on the wedding night.

I agree, the time lapse until Joshua was conceived, coupled with how quickly after his birth this current pregnancy started, implies that it took them a while to fully consummate the marriage. NR Anna looks terrified in parts of the wedding, she's clinging to Christopher, but it seems more out of fear than affection. Then she had to stand there holding his arm while he gave his death sermon and assured the wedding guests that he, like they, deserved eternal damnation and gave his whole rehearsed soul winning spiel. With the Maxhell daughters grinning maniacally in the background. I'm not surprised if it took them a while to feel amorous.

Guest LilaFowler

Can anyone give me a link to go back and look at the Christopher and Anna wedding pictures please? I'd like to...relive them.

treemom :lol:

I thought that was a funny-looking link. Of course, that's never stopped me from clicking.

Sorry I know it was bitchy. But I doubt any of us have the links saved in our bookmarks and they are all tagged wedding for goodness sakes. It isn't that hard, so I wanted to make the point :).

It isn't like it is in the way back machine which can be harder to find.

It was funny. Plus it's before 9 am (where I am, anyway) so you're totally allowed to be a little bitchy.

smiley-coffee_zpsa88cd962.gif

When I was a kid, my mother discovered that no matter what time she out me to bed, I could not sleep until like, ten or something.

I've come to the conclusion that school is made for morning people and morning people only.

My school always started at 8. Dad said that when he was a kid (60s/70s) his school started at 9, and got out at around the same time. I was insanely jealous he got to sleep in.

Some people just can NOT be made into morning people. I've tried as an adult, and then I realized; why bother? I'm not gonna go to hell for being a night owl.

Speaking of Maxwell weddings . . .

Teri's descriptions of Nathan and Melanie's courtship and wedding are masterpieces of passive voice, passive aggression, bitchery, control issues and unhealthily suppressed emotions.

titus2.com/wedding/nathan-melanie.html

Edit to try to add the wayback machine link that works. If this doesn't work skip down a few posts. Thanks Treemom.

http://web.archive.org/web/201309172216 ... lanie.html

They controlled the engagement party at the Maxwell house. Teri emphasises many times that the wedding party was limited to the brothers and sisters of the bride and groom and mourns the fact that they are having their last meals as a "family of ten."

Oh, the problems that ensued when the wedding rehearsal was cut short and the waiters didn't follow Steve and Teri's table plan at the rehearsal dinner. Pillsbury cinnamon rolls were consumed as a special treat. At the ceremony tissues were used and the ceremony was holy. Pulp-free punch was drunk and home-made mints were eaten at the reception. Nuts were consumed by the guests and prayers were said instead of ebil toasts.

It also contains this gem:

Wedding morning dawned earlier than we anticipated. Nathan couldn't sleep so he got up, had his quiet time, and then changed his oil while Steve helped him with a tune up.

The mind boggles!

Looking through those pictures I'm amused that they made it very clear that no silly string was used until all the car doors were safely closed. Safety is always first with the Maxwells.

I'm surprised they decorated the car it seems like a little to much f*n.

Looking through those pictures I'm amused that they made it very clear that no silly string was used until all the car doors were safely closed. Safety is always first with the Maxwells.

I'm surprised they decorated the car it seems like a little to much f*n.

Well, that was 12-ish years ago. No way they'd do something that frivolous now.

Steve and I had gone to great efforts to make the serving of each individual meal easy. We had given the restaurant a diagram of where everyone would sit, had name cards at each seat, a typed list of each order including menu item, drink, name and a number on the order to correspond with seating.

We knew we were in trouble, though, when the waiters came out with glasses in their hands calling out, “Sprite, Sprite, Coke, Coke.†Getting the meals to each place took four waiters, the party room manager, Steve with the order list, and the maid of honor who speaks Spanish!

OH NO THE HORROR!!!!!!!! How did the Maxwell's ever survive such a harrowing ordeal! Clearly, if the staff had just followed the typed out instructions, the family's time with the evil, heathen waitstaff would have been minimized! His children, had to talk to a person of the opposite sex to to get their drink!

Dear Steve and Teri

F-you!

Signed

A former banquet hall waitress of 6 years.

Speaking of Maxwell weddings . . .

Teri's descriptions of Nathan and Melanie's courtship and wedding are masterpieces of passive voice, passive aggression, bitchery, control issues and unhealthily suppressed emotions.

titus2.com/wedding/nathan-melanie.html

They controlled the engagement party at the Maxwell house. Teri emphasises many times that the wedding party was limited to the brothers and sisters of the bride and groom and mourns the fact that they are having their last meals as a "family of ten."

Oh, the problems that ensued when the wedding rehearsal was cut short and the waiters didn't follow Steve and Teri's table plan at the rehearsal dinner. Pillsbury cinnamon rolls were consumed as a special treat. At the ceremony tissues were used and the ceremony was holy. Pulp-free punch was drunk and home-made mints were eaten at the reception. Nuts were consumed by the guests and prayers were said instead of ebil toasts.

It also contains this gem:

The mind boggles!

The amount of crying that went on after Nathan and Melanie left for the honeymoon doesn't seem normal. Steve and Terri agreed to not "think" about the wedding until later so they wouldn't cry? Sarah cried. Joseph and John cried to themselves in bed. They have been working for a year to emotionally release Nathan? Oh, and they: let them have their independence without interference or criticism

Well that obviously didn't happen.

The amount of crying that went on after Nathan and Melanie left for the honeymoon doesn't seem normal. Steve and Terri agreed to not "think" about the wedding until later so they wouldn't cry? Sarah cried. Joseph and John cried to themselves in bed. They have been working for a year to emotionally release Nathan? Oh, and they: let them have their independence without interference or criticism

Well that obviously didn't happen.

And all this emotion was because Nathan was moving to a house right across the street!

I don't remember them getting all emotional about Christopher leaving after his marriage. Maybe they were tired of him being so old and still living at home. LOL.

Archived