IGNORED

Jesse Maxwell is gonna homeschool

WonderingInWA

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I noticed that too and I made a comment about it as an 'atheistic, non native English speaking European'.

Steve M took the trouble to write to me an email.

Thank you. He missed it.

Steve Maxwell

"He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him." (John 3:36)

"Remember me as you pass by,

as you are now so once was I,

as I am now, you are to be,

so be prepared to follow me."

Words found on a gravestone

Whoa, whoa, whoa. He wrote ALL of that including the gravestone part? Well, fuck you, too, Steve-O! I'll have a toast with latraviata whilst enjoying a warm fire in the afterlife. (You bring some european wine, I'll bring a California chardonnay... and some spritzer, of course).

So now we have heard from Joseph, Anna (post about schooling), Sarah (had a post in there about loving the fact that she still was at home), and now Jesse are all addressing the Naysayers.

What about John? Have we heard from him ever? Mary is still too young to address the public.. but what about John?? Hes the mystery Maxwell that was the hardest to break.. and rarely speaks on the blog..

I hate to imagine how Mary writes, being still a teenager (just about). Her adult siblings write like 10 year olds. She probably puts sentences together like a five year old would-"Today I cleaned. I cleaned the ceiling fans. I cleaned the floor. We prayed to God. I love God. I love my daddy. We are all going to die"

My favorite part is the caption on the photo: "Jesse Maxwell standing in an arch"

Just. I don't even know what to say.

I just about died laughing when I read that. WHY???

Nursery rhymes, oh my; I'm surprised any fundies would want those floating around! I don't even like to read them to my nieces/nephews! Though one seems almost fitting for some of the men who don't trust their wives....

Peter Peter pumpkin eater had a wife but couldn't keep her

So he put her in a pumpkin shell and there he kept her very well

Now, is there one for SAHDs? Yes, how about Billy Boy!

Billy Boy is asked how old she be, and he comes up with an equation that adds up to 80-something! Yet, "she's a young thing and cannot leave her mother". :cracking-up:

Sometimes in reading these threads it hits me that the Maxwells are actually real, and then I get depressed for them all over again. Gah, what a sad, sad, isolated life.

Row, row, row your boat

Swiftly cross the bay

Prayerfully, prayerfully, prayerfully, prayerfully

Death is on its way

There you go, Stevemort.

Oh Jesse. I honestly do forget he exists all the time.

ETA: #5 says: "I would have no concerns about my children being bullied as is prevalent on school campuses." Nope, you would just be letting your poor kid be mentally, psychologically, and spiritually bullied by their insane fanatic of a grandpa and their insane fanatic uncles. MUCH better. :roll:

(I'm not minimizing the seriousness of bullying AT ALL, but when it comes to being badly bullied at public school or growing up in Maxhell, I'm honestly not sure which is worse for one's longterm psychological health.)

As a weird, misfit kid who was relentlessly bullied from 2nd-8th grades, and didn't have the happiest home life either, I'd go back and re-live it all over again rather than choose Maxhell.

Even when the bullying was at its worst, I understood that one day I was going to grow up, leave the bullies behind, and have a better life. I knew that as an adult I'd have at least some power against people who assaulted me, stole my things, or harrassed me--I could call the cops, and the law would be on my side. I also knew that if I ended up in such a toxic situation again, be it at work or in school, I would be free to walk away from it.

With Maxhell, there is no escape.

And here's the thing: the great majority of kids in public schools don't get bullied. Even "unpopular" kids, and nerds, and ultra-religious kids, and weirdoes, and losers, and artsy types who dress funny, generally manage to get along. Kids whose parents are willing to step up and demand something be done about bullying when it starts (unlike mine) will likely be left alone--bullies are cowards and choose targets that can't protect themselves, after all. After I left the school where I was bullied, I attended three different public schools, and had no further problems, despite being a weirdo. I even made friends! Holy cow!

Yeah, they might have conflicts with other kids occasionally, or there will be kids they dislike, but that's normal among adults, too. A world free of conflict can only exist and be maintained by artificial means. And hiding your kids away from even the potential of conflict does them no favors at all.

All that said, I find it sad and yet hilarious that Jesse Maxwell claims to know anything about school bullying, seeing as he's never so much as set foot in a real school, or even had unsupervised interactions with other kids. His ignorance is pitiful--and tragic.

I was bullied a lot in grade school and I also had some absolutely awful teachers, and I would a thousand, a MILLION times rather go back and do it all again than have to live like a Maxwell. Having bad, embarrassing, or heart-breaking experiences isn't the end of the world. In fact, it's how you grow as a person. How will the Maxwell 'children' ever handle negative life circumstances if they've never had to face them? How will they be secure in their faith if it's never been put to the test?

Whoa, whoa, whoa. He wrote ALL of that including the gravestone part? Well, fuck you, too, Steve-O! I'll have a toast with latraviata whilst enjoying a warm fire in the afterlife. (You bring some european wine, I'll bring a California chardonnay... and some spritzer, of course).

Great Idea, I love Californian Chardonnay ( not a spritzer which is close to blasphemy) but Steven and I had a vibrant email conversation......

I was particularly confused by the epitaph and I asked about it, so we exchanged some interesting arguments....

:obscene-drinkingcheers:

Santé ma belle!!

Great Idea, I love Californian Chardonnay ( not a spritzer which is close to blasphemy) but Steven and I had a vibrant email conversation......

I was particularly confused by the epitaph and I asked about it, so we exchanged some interesting arguments....

:obscene-drinkingcheers:

Santé ma belle!!

Well, since my ladyship is "of the Chardonnay Spritzers," I should stick by it. I usually add a little fizzy just so I'll drink a little less (only with the cheap kind!)

Chok dee ka!! (wishing I was still on vacation in Thailand.....)

Sometimes in reading these threads it hits me that the Maxwells are actually real, and then I get depressed for them all over again. Gah, what a sad, sad, isolated life.

Agree!

Wow, latraviata got an answer to her question AND she got lectured by Steve about death? Throw in a couple of animal crackers and a warning about the evils of Pepsi, and we'd have a full-blown close encounter of the fundie kind.

Wow, latraviata got an answer to her question AND she got lectured by Steve about death? Throw in a couple of animal crackers and a warning about the evils of Pepsi, and we'd have a full-blown close encounter of the fundie kind.

I got 4 emails from him, I feel blessed.

I got 4 emails from him, I feel blessed.

I hope you spell checked them for him?

Something to think about Stevie.

I hope you spell checked them for him?

Something to think about Stevie.

I explained to him that I am not a native speaker, so I am allowed to make mistakes. But even I can tell the difference between then and than. He btw corrected that.

Jan Brady wore pants. That woud automatically disqualify her.

She also was enough of a brazen hussy to think that she should be eligible to run for student government! That would put her in some level of authority over BOYS.

Agree!

Dear Lord, yes! They are real.

Jesse's post is utterly depressing. I want to pat him on the head and tell him it was quite a good job -- for an 11 year old. Steve has crushed the life out of his children. So sad.

Dear Lord, yes! They are real.

Jesse's post is utterly depressing. I want to pat him on the head and tell him it was quite a good job -- for an 11 year old. Steve has crushed the life out of his children. So sad.

That's exactly what I told Steve.

That's exactly what I told Steve.

You told him it was depressing, good for an 11yo, or that he crushed the life out of the kids, or all three? In any event, I bow down to thee! Of course, he won't dignify what you said with any kind of response because that would admit that it bothers him. But still, he had to have read it.

You told him it was depressing, good for an 11yo, or that he crushed the life out of the kids, or all three? In any event, I bow down to thee! Of course, he won't dignify what you said with any kind of response because that would admit that it bothers him. But still, he had to have read it.

I told him Jesse should be having a beer with his college friends, chasing girls and exploring the world away from his parents. I told him it is quite an usual ambition for a young man his age to think about his future children's education and even when he wrote this on his own initiative, the indoctrination and conditioning are obvious. I told him to grant his children freedom because what I see in their family pictures is empty eyes and a docile demeanor. Well, He doesn't understand why I am so hateful, I told him I am not, but as a child psychologist I have been treating children from extreme religious parents and the effects are devastating. According to Steve, his children are completely free to live their lives as they choose. My famous last words were, no they are not and you know it.

Nicely done! Sounds to me that by his definition of "hateful," you've hit the nail way too close to the head for Steve's liking, especially the part where you mentioned your expertise in child psychology.

I bet he's terrified that one day someone like you will get ahold of his grown children and help liberate them from his tyranny. ;)

Steve is having an email exchange with a European woman who is not his wife?!?!? He has let SIN into his heart! He should be interacting only through Sarah or Teri, thus maintaining full accountability at all times. When Teri gets his computer logs for this month he's in trouble. He has committed adultery in his heart!

The Jesse post makes me wonder if Melanie wants to put Abby in kindergarten. I could see her wanting to send her to a Christian kindergarten a few days a week, especially if she is facing another high risk pregnancy,

Damn it Sparkles! I absolutely will not go their site...until Friday when I have enough time to thoroughly enjoy myself. Here I come Taco Bell, go go juice & never-been-to-yoga yoga pants. I only have one question. Was Master Jesse holding a power tool? Because if he wasn't I might not believe it was really him.

Archived