IGNORED

Jesse Maxwell is gonna homeschool

WonderingInWA

I think Stevie was too concerned about the upload of sugar intake on the family if Mrs Evelenty bought round one of her infamous cakes!!1!!!!1

So. Much. Frosting. In. Unnatural. Colors. A diabetic coma waiting to happen.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Stevie was too concerned about the upload of sugar intake on the family if Mrs Evelenty bought round one of her infamous cakes!!1!!!!1

Agree w/ the sugar intake thing. However, I think Rebecca really wants to be one & will do anything to do that.

Agree w/ the sugar intake thing. However, I think Rebecca really wants to be one & will do anything to do that.

Rebecca's family's lifestyle isn't Maxwellian enough -- she will never be considered a candidate for Maxwell-hood. She associates with people outside her immediate family, which is the first big no-no. And her family isn't very health-conscious based on the photos of the foods they eat and seeming lack of exercise they get.

I wonder what would happen if the Maxwell "kids" ate a massive ton of sugar and energy drinks?

They would do all of their chores in five seconds and Steve would go mad because they broke the schedule, and then try and invent things for them to do so they don't have any free time.

What, youre done cleaning the ceiling fans, washing the windows, scrubbing the floors, vacuuming, cleaning the kitchen, washing up? Its only 11am! *Steve's head explodes* Jesse and John, go cut the grass, but you aren't allowed to use the lawnmower, here are some tiny scissors. Anna, Mary, go clean Uriah with these toothbrushes. Joseph, go outside and count how many bricks make up our house. Sarah, write a list of every single thing we own. What, youre done already? Right, heres a Bible each, copy out the whole thing from cover to cover. An then go to your older brothers houses and ask them if they've got any jobs that need doing.

I would love to see them all completely hyper

I wouldn't say that Rebecca is delayed. She's clueless, but not delayed. If I had to guess I'd say that in conversation Rebecca would appear far more lucid and intelligent than Sarah. What the Maxwell's have that Sarah's family doesn't is that they have a middle class aesthetic. They look smarter and wealthier. If Rebecca was thinner and better dressed I don't think she'd get classified as delayed. Even her blog writing is far more coherent and less stilted than the Maxwells. I wonder if she was allowed to read some real books while at the SOTDRT. Plus she seems to have a lot more freedom, so perhaps she's able to do wild and crazy things like pick up a novel at the Goodwill or the library. I appreciate that she doesn't care about normal conventions like appearance but also wonder how she can think that she'll get herself a husband in the look don't talk/touch world of the fundies if she doesn't improve upon the outward looks. It's a sad situation all around.

I wonder what would happen if the Maxwell "kids" ate a massive ton of sugar and energy drinks?

They would do all of their chores in five seconds and Steve would go mad because they broke the schedule, and then try and invent things for them to do so they don't have any free time.

What, youre done cleaning the ceiling fans, washing the windows, scrubbing the floors, vacuuming, cleaning the kitchen, washing up? Its only 11am! *Steve's head explodes* Jesse and John, go cut the grass, but you aren't allowed to use the lawnmower, here are some tiny scissors. Anna, Mary, go clean Uriah with these toothbrushes. Joseph, go outside and count how many bricks make up our house. Sarah, write a list of every single thing we own. What, youre done already? Right, heres a Bible each, copy out the whole thing from cover to cover. An then go to your older brothers houses and ask them if they've got any jobs that need doing.

I would love to see them all completely hyper

You forgot deep cleaning the cabinets!

Yeah...who even does any of these random jobs more than once they look dirty, other than the Maxwells?

I wonder what Steve would do if Teri and the kids just sat there and said "No, we aren't doing any more, we need a break. If you care so much about the damn kitchen cabinets, you clean them, we just ordered a pizza and some pepsi, turned off the internet filter and downloaded some movies, and we aren't moving for the rest of the day"

I wouldn't say that Rebecca is delayed. She's clueless, but not delayed. If I had to guess I'd say that in conversation Rebecca would appear far more lucid and intelligent than Sarah. What the Maxwell's have that Sarah's family doesn't is that they have a middle class aesthetic. They look smarter and wealthier. If Rebecca was thinner and better dressed I don't think she'd get classified as delayed. Even her blog writing is far more coherent and less stilted than the Maxwells. I wonder if she was allowed to read some real books while at the SOTDRT. Plus she seems to have a lot more freedom, so perhaps she's able to do wild and crazy things like pick up a novel at the Goodwill or the library. I appreciate that she doesn't care about normal conventions like appearance but also wonder how she can think that she'll get herself a husband in the look don't talk/touch world of the fundies if she doesn't improve upon the outward looks. It's a sad situation all around.

I suspect Rebecca is a bit socially delayed and "naive-seeming" just in the common way that quite a few people who are always the oldest kid in their social circles can be - she interacts with people outside of her family, but just from her blog posts, it seems that most of the kids in her "cohort" of families close with hers are quite a bit younger than she is, and so she probably sort of just tailors her interests and whatnot to theirs. It can happen in secular families too, but is really noticeable in the blogs of the various "oldest SAHD who kinda stopped their own homeschooling to teach the 9th baby how to read" type people (who IMHO are even worse off than Rebecca).

The older Maxwell kids would probably come off similarly except that they're SO isolated and otherworldly that it's hard to even find references to pick up on.

I agree with you on the class thing.

Still, all around, she seems to have a much more normal upbringing. Hopefully she finds someone less crazy than the Maxwells!

Did Steve have a hand in ending Christopher's first engagement? Does anyone have any details on that?

I'm fairly sure Steve scrubbed Titus2 of all mention of Sara Smith.

Here is a discussion on FJ yuku and the link there to Sara's side of the story still works. http://freejinger.yuku.com/topic/3915

Sara had a lucky escape from the Maxwells and may realise that now.

The broken engagements happened, Steve. You can't make them UNhappen by scrubbing your blog and pretending they didn't--lying by the sin of omission is still LYING. You're trying to put one over on people and if that's not dishonest and deceitful, I don't know what is. Liar, Liar, pants on fire.

I would LOVE to be a fly on the wall for one of their courtship seminars.

I have small kids so I am early to bed, early to rise but every night I read for 45min-an hour before I fall asleep. Knowing that the Maxwell "children" are so limited in what they are allowed to read, I wonder if they read in bed at all. Do they just automatically fall asleep at 9pm?

I'm still trying to wrap my head around if Sarah at 32 has any say on when she gets to go to sleep or get up?

Yeah...who even does any of these random jobs more than once they look dirty, other than the Maxwells?

I wonder what Steve would do if Teri and the kids just sat there and said "No, we aren't doing any more, we need a break. If you care so much about the damn kitchen cabinets, you clean them, we just ordered a pizza and some pepsi, turned off the internet filter and downloaded some movies, and we aren't moving for the rest of the day"

I would read a tell-all book from a freed Maxwell 'kid' over a Duggar kid any day!!

Agreed. I want to know exactly how John was broken.

I've often wondered that, too. I don't think I've ever read that the Maxwells were spankers, but I also have never read that they weren't. I refuse to buy any of their books to find out (if it's ever even mentioned). I'm sure he was punished in many ways until his spirit just died.

I've often wondered that, too. I don't think I've ever read that the Maxwells were spankers, but I also have never read that they weren't. I refuse to buy any of their books to find out (if it's ever even mentioned). I'm sure he was punished in many ways until his spirit just died.

I don't think they were spankers - Steve is too afraid of anger and losing control. And they are essentially very middle class, and the middle class has largely deserted spanking. The only time i know of that they commented on spanking they said that while it was biblical they didn't use it. I think they probably just constantly wept about how sad they were that he would go to hell and be eternally separated from Jesus/Steve. But I would love to know for sure.

Did Steve have a hand in ending Christopher's first engagement? Does anyone have any details on that?

Oh, I'm sure he laid something upon Christopher's heart.......

Unless Sara (is that her name?) called it of ala Elizabeth, but for some reason I think it was Steve Christopher who called it off.

Oh, I'm sure he laid something upon Christopher's heart.......

Unless Sara (is that her name?) called it of ala Elizabeth, but for some reason I think it was Steve Christopher who called it off.

How did Christopher meet her?

Who is Rebecca Eleventy?

She blogs at His Way Serves. She used to post on the Maxwell blog all the time using lots and lots of !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm fairly sure Steve scrubbed Titus2 of all mention of Sara Smith.

Here is a discussion on FJ yuku and the link there to Sara's side of the story still works. http://freejinger.yuku.com/topic/3915

Sara had a lucky escape from the Maxwells and may realise that now.

That actually isn't about her broken engagement to c max. But rather another fiancé.

That actually isn't about her broken engagement to c max. But rather another fiancé.

Right, she has had two broken engagements and it was hard to tell by her blog entries the timing of them. At first I think many of us thought the father that got involved in the breakup of one of the engagements was Steve (and Christopher) but it's never really said. But I think either way, neither of the broken engagements were initiated by Sara, and we all know if there was a broken engagement from the Maxwell camp, Steve had a lot to do with it. Sara was not cut out to be a Maxwell. She's pretty and dresses well (and even though their engagement photo showed her wearing a frumper, she is more inclined to shorter skirts and fitted jackets, stylish hair, etc.). We'll never know what happened there, but I'm sure Steve had his hand in it.

I don't think they were spankers - Steve is too afraid of anger and losing control. And they are essentially very middle class, and the middle class has largely deserted spanking. The only time i know of that they commented on spanking they said that while it iwas biblical they didn't use it. I think they probably just constantly wept about how sad they were that he would go to hell and be eternally separated from Jesus/Steve. But I would love to know for sure.

In conservative Christianity, especially in the US, spanking is very much still the done thing and was even more the done thing when the Maxwell 'children' were still young enough to be hit. The Maxwells had (or still have?) a discipline chart in their shop for children to colour in: it lists 'sins', then a bible verse related to the 'don't, and between one and five spoons (ie, how many hits each 'sin'). And, even more damning, they have endorsed the Pearls. They may not be as uncontrolled as Michael Pearl seems to he, but there is no question at all that they are believers in physical punishment, along with all the other cruel and unusual mindfuckery they practice.

I have small kids so I am early to bed, early to rise but every night I read for 45min-an hour before I fall asleep. Knowing that the Maxwell "children" are so limited in what they are allowed to read, I wonder if they read in bed at all. Do they just automatically fall asleep at 9pm?

The Maxwells don't read, they write. Seriously. No reading for enjoyment or edification. Technical manuals, textbooks when in school, the Bible. That's it. No theology texts or Christian biographies, no classical literature or y/a fundie lit.

Archived