IGNORED

Sunshine Mary offers advice on how not to raise fags

snuggles911

But... she forgot my favorite fictional "fop"! (If you haven't read the books/seen any of the movies, Sir Percy is described as "foppish".)

01i19qog8Pw

I love The Scarlet Pimpernel!

Mockingbird beat me to it, but I must insist upon Leslie Howard:

QD0cE8B5Dj0

After the Scarlet Pimpernel, the word "fop" always makes me think "finest in the shop, and we have some shepherd's pie peppered with actual shepherd on top . . ." and gets me singing A Little Priest:

J7LhNCK2axY

Oh, and SSM is a disgusting asshole, but you knew that.

That reminds me of the fifteen-year-old boys I overheard saying it was "so gay" to have a girlfriend.

My husband is really into dancing (ballet, tap, jazz, etc.). He gets the "you are so gay" thing all the time. He has always responded that if being surrounded by beautiful women six nights a week is gay, he is prepared to live with that.

So, let me get this straight. So to speak.

If a boy or man chooses to spend lots of time surrounded by pretty girls, and to dress to attract said pretty girls, that's a sign that he is gay, or will be soon.

If he chooses to spend lots of time in the company of sweaty boys, then he will be straight?

I don't think that adds up!

This reminds me of when my father told me about when he asked to take home-ec in school. The teacher started dividing the class up one day saying the boys would be taking shop and the girls would take home-ec. When he spoke up and asked to take home-ec the other guys in the class started asking what was wrong with him and didn't he know that's where all the girls are. He turned those questions right back around and asked what was wrong with them since he wanted to be where all the girls are.

I really much happier when SSM posts are in the other forums since this is the one I visit the most ;)

I came here to post this. You beat me to it! :lol:

I love how the commenters on her post are trying to figure out why pick-up artists get so many girls even though they act 'gay'. They are putting forth all kinds of theories. It doesn't seem to have entered any of their minds that maybe the pick-up artists are *gasp* lying about how often they take home girls.

Never change, Sunshinemary...

You don't need advice on how to not raise fags because it's not something you raise! I doubt the existence of a "gay gene" since a gene like that would likely mean no or fewer kids for those carrying it, so it wouldn't survive from an evolutionary standpoint.

However, a Harvard study published in their LGBTQ Policy Journal suggests homosexuality is largely determined by brain development in the womb; the hormonal "environment" in utero is different than normal, causing the fetal brain to develop more like the brain of one gender, while getting the genitals of the other.

And my two cents?

Nothing wrong with raising fags! (Of course, this is my opinion after being brainwashed by science and liberal Christianity).

That reminds me of the fifteen-year-old boys I overheard saying it was "so gay" to have a girlfriend.

Julie, I just giggled so loudly at your quote, my neighbour upstairs has banged furiously on my ceiling to get me to quieten down! Some things are ever so amusing when you've got a few pints of lager inside you.

If men took up all the boy scout leadership duties you would have a lot fewer dens. They were begging any parent at my sons school to help organize and lead. The meetings were after school so basically only stay at home moms or parents willing/able to take off work were able to help.

Sunshine Mary would probably be happy with the LDS Boy Scout troops. The troops set up in LDS wards are almost always led by men who are called to it by their bishops.

I wonder if SSM ever reads NieNie's blog. NieNie's husband is an LDS Boy Scout troop leader and NieNie constantly talks about all the manly things Christian does. But on the other hand Christian might fit SSM's idea of a fop because of the way he dresses.

Heather the Mormon blogger from Paralyzed with Joy did a posting about how one of her nephews who has five sisters is so manly. SSM would probably like that posting.

I would rather have a gay child, or one that does not follow the typical gender roles than a kid who turned out to be like Sunshine Mary and her asshole husband

I think the best thing about having gay son is never having to hear, "Hi, mom. I'd like you to meet my new girlfriend Sunshine Mary."

You don't need advice on how to not raise fags because it's not something you raise! I doubt the existence of a "gay gene" since a gene like that would likely mean no or fewer kids for those carrying it, so it wouldn't survive from an evolutionary standpoint.

However, a Harvard study published in their LGBTQ Policy Journal suggests homosexuality is largely determined by brain development in the womb; the hormonal "environment" in utero is different than normal, causing the fetal brain to develop more like the brain of one gender, while getting the genitals of the other.

And my two cents?

Nothing wrong with raising fags! (Of course, this is my opinion after being brainwashed by science and liberal Christianity).

I've said before that if there were a gay gene, and a prenatal test for that gene, you would see the anti-abortion movement run out of momentum. Instead, those same people would demand abortions if they had a positive test result for the gay gene. I'm saying that because many of those rabid anti-abortion people are also bigoted against gay people.

That's an interesting question. If you could tell that a fetus was gay before it was born, would fundies want to abort a baby they knew would be gay, or would they just make sure they raised the kid with more beatings and start the ex gay therapy crap at a young age?

But how do you avoid creating lesbians? I must know so I can tell my mother and time travel back to when my parents adopted me!

I've said before that if there were a gay gene, and a prenatal test for that gene, you would see the anti-abortion movement run out of momentum. Instead, those same people would demand abortions if they had a positive test result for the gay gene. I'm saying that because many of those rabid anti-abortion people are also bigoted against gay people.

Just have to argue for the existence of a gay gene. Assuming it is a recessive gene or a gene that only shows up under certain conditions, it is possible to carry the gene without being gay and therefore, easy to pass on to the next generation. It's why diseases like Cystic Fibrosis (a double recessive) continue to exist even though it is rare for anyone with the condition to have kids. The siblings are the ones who carry the genes forward to the next generation.

Personally I don't care whether homosexuality is caused by genetics, pregnancy conditions or something else. It's just that my inner scientist (I did a 4 yr science degree before deciding to become a musician) is fascinated by genetics.

Aww, I bet she gets so gleeful when the head pats from the MRAs start trickling in. You show em, SSM! You're not like us evil feminists ladies no siree

SHe needs lots of validation from strange mraassholes off the internet because her asshole husband treats her like dirt.

Ladies, if you’re even halfway decent looking and unmarried, and you want to work around a bunch of men, you’re going to have to deal with some unwanted sexual attention and discomfort.

Er, no.

It doesn't happen to me, which could be due to my extreme uglitude ;) if it wasn't for the fact this happens to NO WOMEN I KNOW AT MY WORK. Unmarried and extremely attractive to unmarried and downright dodgy looking, we are generally safe from unwanted sexual attention, which is good, because we are trying to get on with our jobs.

Seriously, SM's idea of how work happens is right out of the 1950s. Where I work (in the ebil commie public sector) we have very busy and very hectic day jobs so we don't spend our entire time fantasising about brushing up to people at the "copy machine" or dealing with men saying "Phwoar" and admiring our arses in skirts. It isn't actually an episode of Mad Men, it's about being respected as a colleague.

Archived