IGNORED

Vision Forum Now Closing, Doug Phillips Still a Tool-Part 2

happy atheist

When I went to a blog (James and Stacy McDonald:The Real Story, which linked to an older version of "Your Sacred Calling") to search for info about the disappearing wife, I saw that the post about divorce and remarriage have been removed......Sorry, the page you were looking for in this blog does not exist. Is there another place where I can read about it? Thanks.

mcdonaldhomeschoolingtoday.blogspot.com/2009/02/for-record.html This has a pretty good summary.

apeekintosandysgarden.blogspot.com/

sandysplace-sandy.blogspot.com/ - these both belong to James' first wife Sandy.

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a stupid question that may have already been answered, but I couldn't remember seeing it. So Doug's first fake apology said he didn't know her in the biblical sense, but the latest version says yes, there was a physical component, whatever the hell that means. So does that mean dougie is openly lying or does it mean he just got his knob polished but he didn't slide into home? Oh and doug phillips is a tool!

I have a stupid question that may have already been answered, but I couldn't remember seeing it. So Doug's first fake apology said he didn't know her in the biblical sense, but the latest version says yes, there was a physical component, whatever the hell that means. So does that mean dougie is openly lying or does it mean he just got his knob polished but he didn't slide into home? Oh and doug phillips is a tool!

It's not a stupid question. I was thinking about it this morning and I can't think of any time in the Bible when "know/knew" was used for "had sex with" except with a married couple. I just did a quick check of the accounts I could think of (Abraham & Hagar, Judah & Tamar, Dinah & Shechem, Samson & a prostitute, David & Bathsheba, Amnon and a different Tamar) and all of them used the phrased "forced," "lay with," "went in unto her" etc. Whereas married couples get to use the term "know/knew." It could be that since DP wasn't married to the woman in question, in his mind there's no way he could "know [her] in the Biblical sense."

Perhaps there could have been plenty of "lying with" or going "in unto her," and with this rationale it would never have been "knowing."

An "inappropriate physical component" does not automatically equal sex, but it certainly is suspicious.

Chris Jeub has an interesting comment on this post about DP's second letter: homeschoolersanonymous.wordpress.com/2013/11/14/doug-phillips-clarifies-his-resignation-statement/

His letter is not a “clarification.†It’s a rewrite of his original letter. There is no new information.

I get the sense he’s telling people to butt out and leave him alone.

In other words, he is NOT stepping down from leadership. He’s attempting to take control.

Following Marian the Librarian's excellent suggestion, have been saving items from Doug's the VF Blog in case they disappear.

Came across Doug Phillips Is A Tool's exegesis on David & Bathsheba (visionforum.com/news/blogs/doug/default.aspx?path=/2004/03/675/):

Tape of the Month: Through the month of March [2004], Vision Forum Ministries is pleased to offer a very special tape: The True Story of David and Bathsheba: A Parable for Our Time. This tape is an important message in which we address the temptation, cover-up, condemnation, truth and consequences, and ultimate healing and redemption involving the crimes of David and Bathsheba. In this very down-to-earth, sanctified, personal message, I exegete 2 Samuel 11 - 12, and address a wide range of issues from modesty to wise lifestyle choices in an age of uncleanness. The tape is available as our gift to anyone who supports Vision Forum Ministries this month with a donation of any amount. Thank you for caring about us and helping us to minister to the Christian family. We believe this tape will be a source of blessing and encouragement to you.

You're welcome.

Following Marian the Librarian's excellent suggestion, have been saving items from Doug's the VF Blog in case they disappear.

Came across Doug Phillips Is A Tool's exegesis on David & Bathsheba (visionforum.com/news/blogs/doug/default.aspx?path=/2004/03/675/):

You're welcome.

Classic! Save this forever!

Another interesting bit from an overblown paean to fatherhood called "The Little Boy at the End of the Street" (visionforum.com/news/blogs/doug/default.aspx?path=/2004/03/692/)

All afternoon he had been thinking of one thing: his daddy. He had lived for the time he could make the journey to the end of the road and for that one moment when he would run into my arms and tell me he loves me. Like the dog beside him, his devotion and faithfulness would not even be broken by a tardy father and a rainy day. His day and his world revolved around that one moment when he could say to himself: “I am with my Daddy again.â€

One day we moved to a wonderful new home provided by the Lord for a special season in our lives. The little boy down the road is a little bit less little. We no longer have a long country road. Now we have a giant tree. It is often beside that tree that my little boy waits for me now, sometimes with his regiment of brothers and sisters, now old enough to venture beyond the castle walls of our home.

[Emphasis added]

Job 1:21 - "...The Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away..."

Another interesting bit from an overblown paean to fatherhood called "The Little Boy at the End of the Street" (visionforum.com/news/blogs/doug/default.aspx?path=/2004/03/692/)

[Emphasis added]

Job 1:21 - "...The Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away..."

This had to be written about JT, whose flair for the dramatic was clearly inherited from his father.

I'm still working my way through searching the VF blog archives for pertinent photos, and I must say it's pretty damned fascinating. I've looked at individual entries many times before, but to start with 2003 and skim through in chronological order could be construed as a textbook study in Evil Empire Building 101. What. A. Racket!!!

The blog scrubbing seems pretty random. While there are lots of blue question marks where photos used to be, there are still many surviving pics of fundie luminaries - Duggars, Botkins, Jennie Chancey, the Coghlans, Scott Brown and family - and many videos still available, including the infamous "Thank You Michelle" from the Baby Conference.

I should be doing chores...I should be doing chores... :pink-shock:

Want another hilarious blast from the past? Scroll to the end of Jen's post from 2007 and try to read Doug's 2005 poem "The Patriarch" with a straight face:

There is a spirit in this land and Jezebel's her name.

She's calling you to leave your home for power, fun, and fame.

She wants your wife, your children too-- she'll never compromise,

Until your house is torn in two by listening to her lies.

…Your wife is your helpmeet, my friend, and not another man's,

So care for her and keep her far from Mistress Jezi's plans.

jensgems.wordpress.com/2007/06/25/doug-phillips-refuses-to-hire-women-at-vision-forum/

Want another hilarious blast from the past? Scroll to the end of Jen's post from 2007 and try to read Doug's 2005 poem "The Patriarch" with a straight face:

jensgems.wordpress.com/2007/06/25/doug-phillips-refuses-to-hire-women-at-vision-forum/

:crying-pink: I couldn't keep a straight face going past "Jezebel".

Doug Phillips is an adulterous tool.

:music-tool:

mcdonaldhomeschoolingtoday.blogspot.com/2009/02/for-record.html This has a pretty good summary.

apeekintosandysgarden.blogspot.com/

sandysplace-sandy.blogspot.com/ - these both belong to James' first wife Sandy.

Thank you. Just got done reading it all. Have these children not shown Christ-like love to their birthmother? Puzzling.

Thank you. Just got done reading it all. Have these children not shown Christ-like love to their birthmother? Puzzling.

They don't talk to her or acknowledge her existence despite her attempts to contact them. Very Christian of them, right?

:clap:

Henceforth, you may call me "Mistress Jezi." (Who knew I wielded such power?!)

That is all.

:lol: :music-tool:

Chris Jeub has an interesting comment on this post about DP's second letter: homeschoolersanonymous.wordpress.com/2013/11/14/doug-phillips-clarifies-his-resignation-statement/

For the love af all that is holy, I think the world is coming to an end!

This is just not possible! I actually agree with Chris Jeub. :pink-shock: :pink-shock:

don't tell me Christians don't gossip or enjoy a good downfall

Not only do they enjoy in it, the revel in it. Remember how Jimmy Swaggart and Jerry Falwell among others blasted Jim Bakker during his sex and money scandal? Jimmy Swaggart was particularly hateful. Then Jimmy Swaggart's words would come back to bite him on the ass 3 years later when he made his tearful "I have sinned against you, my Lord." speech. He got caught with his pants down with another woman. Watching all of that go down was better than any soap opera.

Edted: spelling error

I do too. I feel vaguely ill. :ew:

I think this a sign of the Apocalypse. Next you're going to tell me that Lori Alexander supports women's rights.

Doug Phillips...just when you thought he couldn't get toolier...

:clap:

Henceforth, you may call me "Mistress Jezi." (Who knew I wielded such power?!)

That is all.

:lol: :music-tool:

But...but Mistress Jezi! I don't even HAVE a wife to give you! My daughter might be up for it, though.

This is vulgar of me, but Doug brings out my vulgar side.

The problem is not "Mistress Jezi," it's "Mr. Jizzy."

Or is that "Mr. Jizzy, Esquire."

This is vulgar of me, but Doug brings out my vulgar side.

The problem is not "Mistress Jezi," it's "Mr. Jizzy."

Or is that "Mr. Jizzy, Esquire."

LOL. You can call him anything you like, as long as it's follwed with "Esquire". Good one, though! :)

It bears mentioning that the young target of Phillips' "inappropriate attentions," fed up with his hypocrisy, may have threatened Phillips that she would reveal the whole story if he did not confess -- that is, if you believe one commenter at Spiritual Sounding Board. If what that person said is true, I think it bodes well for the victim's potential to forge a meaningful, self-determined life for herself out of the wreckage Phillips created.

Another commenter on SSB said it well (and I'm no Christian): "The courage it takes for a woman who grew up in that system to do what is right and stand up to power she was taught never to speak back to…. That courage is so great, it can only come from God."

I think it also bears mentioning that not all girls and young adult females fall for this bullshit., they just put on a good show. It also bears mentioning the the wives of these assholes aren't the submissive helpmeets they pretend to be. Some of them strike me as the type who whisper "ideas" in their husband's ear, and make it seem like it's the husband's idea. I know it's not that way for all families of this movement, but you can't ignore that if these people with their many kids, one or some of them just ain't gonna guzzle down the kool-aid.

All of this ruminating over Dougie's scandal is making me fuzzy-headed.

I think we all need an . . .

exercise break!

_zXv8y748z0

Back to your regularly-scheduled snarking!

Archived