IGNORED

Girl Scout cookies promote Lesbianism...according to Pastor

Tish Cook

Saw this article in Salon Mag quoting Pastor Kevin Swanson and his "radical" ideas concering the Girls Scout cookie

The individualism of feminism has been devastating to this country. Dave, I'd say you outta say no to the Girl Scout Cookies, too. I mean, I don't wanna support lesbianism. I don't wanna support Planned Parenthood, and I don't wanna support abortion. And if that be the case, I'm not buying Girl Scout Cookies. Now, I spose if you take a big fat black magic marker and say here, give me that box, and you start marking out all of the references to the Girl Scouts of America on all of the boxes, then maybe we're not promoting that organization anymore. And I'd be willing to buy it. Maybe so. Maybe it's not food offered to idols anymore if I have the opportunity to scratch out references to the Girl Scouts of America on the boxes of the Girl Scout Cookies offered to me at Safeway. [...]

I don't wanna promote a wicked organization that, according to its own website, doesn't promote godly womanhood. It just doesn't! I don't see anything that promotes godly womanhood! The vision of the Girl Scouts of America is antithetical to a Biblical vision for womanhood, friends. [...]

Please, I beg of you. Do not buy Girl Scout Cookies. Please! I beg of you! Stop buying Girl Scout Cookies. And if you do, take a big black magic marker and cross out every reference to Girl Scouts of America on all the signs and all the boxes, because we don't wanna promote that organization.

I say SIN MINTS FOR EVERYONE!!!!!!

I say SIN MINTS FOR EVERYONE!!!!!!

AMEN! :D

And it's great that he's willing to buy the things as long as the name is blacked out. Just one more nut embracing perception over reality and not able to realize that everyone sane sees through him. It would've been funny if the interviewer had pointed it out - "Hey moron, your money is still going to the girl scouts either way, but here's a black marker. Knock yourself out. And try the Samoas. They're bitching." :)

The Girl Scouts owe him a thank-you note. How many people reading this, thanks to him, will double, triple or quadruple-down on their orders?

In the meantime, Kevin, you can have my 8 boxes of Thin Mints when you pry them from my cold, dead hands.

Swanson added that Girl Scouts are creating a generation of independent women who will put a “communist in the White House†and promote the “gay and lesbian agenda.â€

*Gasp* Not a generation of independent women! Oh, the horrors!

Also, what exactly is the 'gay and lesbian agenda'? I have asked my lesbian friends, but they can give me an answer and I'm just dying to know what the agenda is???

Also, what exactly is the 'gay and lesbian agenda'? I have asked my lesbian friends, but they can give me an answer and I'm just dying to know what the agenda is???

The Gay Agenda has meetings every Fridays, where we worship the devil and eat babies, and then have a big orgy. :lol:

??? My daughter has been in GS for years, we spend a lot of time hanging around other GS troops (in fact, just got back from a weekend camping trip with 160 other GS) and I have yet to witness anything, overt or covert, that promotes the "gay and lesbian agenda". Christ on a cracker, these are little girls (mostly; the ranks seem to thin after the middle school grades)--we aren't talking about sexuality or sexual identity. We talk about leadership, independence, resourcefulness, compassion, respect for the environment, preparedness, innovation, financial literacy, how to treat customers, giving back to the community, being a sister to other scouts...and yummy cookies of course :)

I think for this asshat, "lesbian" is code for "strong and confident woman."

ETA: There's nothing wrong with talking to little girls about sexuality, of course, but it just isn't something we do in GS.

The Gay Agenda has meetings every Fridays, where we worship the devil and eat babies, and then have a big orgy. :lol:

With Girl Scout cookies for dessert?

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm GS cookies

They don't seem to sell them down under anymore. Anyone want to send me some.

My sister was a girl scout and my mother was cookie captain for her troop. I was exposed to literally thousands of cookies and, sadly, I am not lesbian. Where did we go wrong?

Samoas are definitely the best!

I was a GS (Girl Guide in NZ) and I didn't turn into a lesbian. OMG Mustn't have got that badge!

That'd be the badge with the Hitachi Magic Wand on it?

Sweet Baby Jesus, Mary and Joseph...they're COOKIES. What an asshat.

I will buy extra boxes of Samoas, Trefoils and Thin Mints this year and think of Kevin Swanson as I happily stuff my face with them. :lol:

I was also a Girl Scout. My mom was my Brownie troop leader, and the cookie captain for my Junior troop, so during cookie season, I was exposed to thousands of cookies. I still haven't turned into a lesbian. Thin Mints are still a favorite of mine, and because of this asshat, I plan to buy even more of those along with Trefoils and Tagalongs. The extra Thin Mints will just go into the freezer as they're even better frozen.

I would totally agree if his reasoning for not buying them is that they are so delicious you will not be able to stop eating them until you eat yourself sick.

I don't buy girls out cookies because I can't eat gluten, and I don't want to die a miserable death by cookie.

I think I have a much more valid reason than that guy.

I should have know something was up with those sneaky Girl Scouts when I bought a box of Thin Mints and I got a copy of an Indigo Girls CD and a free subscription to The Advocate.

As a Girl Scout leader I'd like to say thank you. Now I know I'm doing the right thing by taking my girls rock climbing, allowing them to assert their opinions during meetings and exercise their independence in planning their own activities and those of their younger sister scouts. I love watching the girls I've worked with since kindergarten who are now middle schoolers. I love seeing the emerging shape of exactly what awesome, ass kicking women they will become, lesbian or no.

Oh, and we kind of have gluten free cookies this year. They have to be ordered separately, but it can be done.

My sister was a girl scout and my mother was cookie captain for her troop. I was exposed to literally thousands of cookies and, sadly, I am not lesbian. Where did we go wrong?

Samoas are definitely the best!

Samoas? Not to be confused with the small Pacific Island nation and it's citizens? I've never heard of a Samoa before?

Last year I bought so many cookies from my own daughters, I probably gained 20 lbs in cookie weight. It was a damn free for all but that's the price I'm willing to pay to contribute to women's rights.

This is a bad time to a.) be on Weight Watchers and b.) not be cookie time. I'm want a Girl Scout cookie and I want it now!

I'm thinking about becoming a leader next year when my granddaughter will be old enough to join Daisies.

As a Girl Scout leader I'd like to say thank you. Now I know I'm doing the right thing by taking my girls rock climbing, allowing them to assert their opinions during meetings and exercise their independence in planning their own activities and those of their younger sister scouts. I love watching the girls I've worked with since kindergarten who are now middle schoolers. I love seeing the emerging shape of exactly what awesome, ass kicking women they will become, lesbian or no.

Oh, and we kind of have gluten free cookies this year. They have to be ordered separately, but it can be done.

Gluten free cookies? Omg that makes my day! Tell me more!!! Where and when and what kind?

The gay agenda must be like the gay recruiting. I keep looking for that, since I need to have a parlor set reupholstered.

well, I"m not really supposed to tell anyone, because it's this really big secret but if you come to a meeting and join up, you'll get a toaster! A really nice one. That matches your decor. :) As for the agenda, you'll just have to come to a top secret meeting and get your toaster to find out. we don't want the whole world to find out we are taking over too soon!

Archived