IGNORED

Lori Alexander on Lawns. Yes, Lawns.

Has it occurred to Lori that the Bible is dealing with actual fields for, ya know, growing crops? The quote makes sense in that context - if you neglect your field and your crops don't grow, you don't have food. Because I'm pretty sure that manicured lawns for show did not exist in semi-arid Israel 2,500 years ago

Always with the facts, huh, JD? If Lori says Jesus mowed his parents lawn every Tuesday to keep it looking nice so they were able to attract more followers, than that's how it happened!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lori's neighbors can probably provide inspiration for many posts.

"Garden gnomes are idolatrous."

"Halloween decorations are not Christ-honoring, and you can help train the neighborhood children by passing out tracts instead of candy."

"You are not loving your neighbors as yourself when you don't invite them to your outdoor BBQ."

LOL.

I guess the nbors can't even have a pool party w.out inviting the entire nborhood over,lest they be considered un

Christ-like.

I think it would behoove Lori to get off her tush and HELP the nbors,instead of sitting on her blog and being so judgmental,if she wants to behave Christ-like. :)

What would Lori say about a good old spikey iron fence to keep the dimwits from "witnessing" on my front lawn?

Speaking about fence anyway, are there "fence rules" with such a discussed HOA? I mean, having no fences equals to a big security and privacy risk in my book :think:

Yes, I have fence rules, but it's the city council that puts them into effect. I can't have a privacy fence, for example, or a fence on my front or side lawn (we live on a corner, and house needs to be visible). I CAN have a chain-link fence on my back yard, but it can't be higher than 4 feet, because there is an alley behind me and anything higher than that reduces visibility for drivers. And any sort of cover for the chain link - like hedges - have to be cleared back 6 feet from the corner.

Now that I'm talking about it, I really do have a bunch of rules that came with my house. Maybe I can sell it to Lori as her new church!

When my neighbour mows his lawn he usually does the front of mine as well. It's really kind of him and I really appreciate it. If he chose to call it his ministry, that would be fine with me. Maintaining my own lawn? I can't see where the ministry bit comes into that.

Lawns?? Christ on a cracker... Ha she run out of things to make a "ministry" of or what? :evil-eye:

What's next? The type of fricking soap you use to wash yourself with?

Dr. Bronner's peppermint castile soap as your ministry. Dilute!! Dilute!! OK!!

Lol, finally a Lori post that made me laugh!

Hey Lori- DH & I bought our home on 1/2 acre 2 doors down from a forest preserve. We use our Sundays to remove the non-native invasive species, and plant items that are native to the area, etc. I actually missed church the week it was my turn for coffee hour so I could conduct this "ministry". But that's OK, huh?;)

On the topic of crazy HOAs, the last place we lived had a snoopy neighbor upstairs who would report people to the HOA for really minor violations. If she came to you with a complaint, we'd just address it then to avoid hearing it again from the board. In the past I lived in a house (long story short) where the grass was not mowed, nor could I address it. We got a ticket from the town on that & they also had a complaint on the broken light fixture on the garage that I hadn't even noticed. Lol!

Back to my ministry of hanging with my kiddo & kitties!

I've not heard of anyone being jailed for failing to maintain their lawn. That's insane.

I've never had an HOA, nor would I ever be part of one. Hell to the no. I understand why they appeal to some people, but I'll be damned if I'm going to ask permission to put up a fence or clothesline or birdhouse on my property. But we prefer the country anyway, so it's a moot point. Now, I have come close to calling the city to complain about a yard (when we lived in town, and it was an empty house next door) when it was completely out of control and the bugs were getting bad. A really rainy summer makes for some serious mosquito breeding grounds when a yard hasn't been mowed once yet. But my husband and the neighbor across the street ended up doing it.

Archived