IGNORED

Teabagger sez, "I can be on Medicaid..."

GolightlyGrrl

Hypocritical ass.

Incidentally, if I had read the article fifteen years ago, I would have commended him for adopting eight kids. After meeting my biological aunt, who is a child collector and abusive to boot, and reading Child Catchers, I'm skeptical about anybody who adopts in large numbers. Anybody else feel the same?

AND rejoice, for his wife has at least one blog

mygathering.blogspot.com/

Please, someone with better skills than I have, capture it before they go into hiding.

Mormon homeschoolers, from what I can tell.

another pertinent blog of theirs... others may or may not be

connectcollett.blogspot.com/

And, he explains himself. He is, apparently, bitter about several things.

.gregcollettforidaho.com/nbc-news-article

Also, for those of you who are worried about me taking more from the system than what I put in, I will just say this: Through the injustice of the judicial system, we were further victimized by the state after being victims of a crime. A lifetime of payments from the state will not even begin to compensate for the life changing consequences of those decrees.

So, now I"m curious about how he was victimized....

Can anyone figure out what happened? So he was a victim of a crime, then a victim of the state and then suffered life changing consequences that will never be made up for even if the state takes care of him for the rest of his life? I think that there is a hell of a lot more to the story than he is saying.

From the blog. I am dying...seriously. She homeschools. And how does a THREE YEAR OLD COW get "old and arthritic"? Cows can live 20 years.

" Mary

We had Mary butchered this morning. In some ways, it feels like betrayal. For three years she has dutifully given us milk and calves. We even milked her this morning and got one and a half gallons. But in a more significant way, we felt this was the best way to be fair to her. She is so old and arthritic. As we let her out of her pen to graze for the last time this morning, she barely could walk. It is time to let her go. And we could have sold her at auction and let someone else butcher her-- probably for dog meat. But it seems more humane in a strange sort of way to not waste what she has left to give. Kind of like that story The Giving Tree. The tree gave and gave until it was gone. Thank you Mary for your life of service. We are truly appreciative of it. She was our first milk cow and has taught us how to have a cow. She had the best temperament. We will miss her, but it was her time to go. "

And she only talks about Naomi and Zamora on her blog, despite having ten children. I know Zamora is her biological child. I don't know about Naomi. But reading her blog, I would think she just had two daughters.

What age was the cow when they bought her? Maybe they got her as an adult cow.

I have no idea. Since she was still having calves, I assumed she wasn't that old. The blog is odd.

I kind of get where he's coming from. My husband is a professor who is philosophically against the tenure system, but who will nevertheless apply for tenure when it's time, as it makes the most practical sense for him. I don't mind that he uses the system as it's intended to be used- what bothers me is that he fails to understand what is simply a wise economic decision on his part is literally a life or death one for the constituents he seeks to disenfranchise.

Naomi and Zamora are their biological children, and she talks about them the most on her blog.

I dislike people who would deny others things that are life and death, whether they use it themselves or not. This guy has apparently not held a paying job in many years. They have livestock of various kinds (the chicken story was actually funny) but I have no idea what happened with the orchard and I don't think they have any cows any more.

http://www.truth-out.org/buzzflash/comm ... -insurance

Collett, whose children are home-schooled, likens taking Medicaid to sending children to public school. He also does not approve of government-funded public schools. “The government is taking your money. They are spending it on things they shouldn’t be,†he says. “Trying to get whatever you can back -- I have nothing against that. You have to at some point try and get your tax dollars back.â€

Guess who graduated from public school and a public university?

But that's always the way with the right wing (see the thread about everybody's abortion is wrong but mine). Like Paul Ryan, whose college education was paid for by social security and said that that was different, HE used the money to go to school and better himself (unlike everybody else, I guess, who uses it to finance their crack habits or lie around the house eating bonbons and entertaining their fancy men.)

It's always US vs. THEM with them--I need the money because I adopted helpless orphans, unlike THEM who breed like bunnies specifically to get their hands on the money; I need an abortion because the circumstances are really dire, unlike everybody else who has them for fun so they can keep on screwing strangers with no consequences; I take advantage of systems (tenure, Medicare, tax loopholes) because I am a conservative pragmatist who makes the most sound financial decisions for myself and my family, unlike THEM who are just part of the "dependent class."

In the 1990s what they were screaming about was a flat tax. But in all of my conversations with the nut jobs, if you mentioned that then they wouldn't, for example, get their mortage deduction--Oh, no, that's different. I work to own a home and I'm entitled to it..." Or .. OK, I'll stop myself with the examples.

I'm more and more convinced that it has nothing to do with any issue, it has everything to do with US. vs. THEM. And, given the changing complexion (irony only half intended) of the country's make-up, US is really panicking. It's about "taking back our country" for white Prostestants, who truly believe they are entitled to call the shots.

my brother: "I served in the military so I deserve the education benefits of the g.i. bill (which I am angry is currently suspended due to the government shutdown) even though I make more money than all my siblings who paid their own way through college AND my company would pay my way through college anyway. because I served in the military!!!"

my brother: "food stamps and WIC should be abolished. people can either start earning money or starve and die off."

my brother: "the government owes me that money for college. I deserve it."

Dude is against national parks and public libraries. Good god.

I'd really like to know how he was victimized. All I found through a public records search was a small claims lawsuit he filed against a few people.

Dude is against national parks and public libraries. Good god.

I'd really like to know how he was victimized. All I found through a public records search was a small claims lawsuit he filed against a few people.

Plus, is he really getting a "lifetime of payments from the state"? And then he's pissed off because those payments don't compensate him for what he experienced as a crime victim, and so somehow that's THE STATE's fault? So the state should have prevented the crime (except of course not, because the government shouldn't be involved in private matters), and he used the mechanisms of government (that shouldn't exist) to obtain compensation for a crime that ostensibly was committed by person/s who were not an agency of the state?

Gotta go have a drink now.

He is like the Teabagger that is retired and receiving Medicare and wants ACA defunded because he does not believe that the ebil government should be involved in medical care. Then you ask him if he is willing to give up his Medicare because that is a government funded medical insurance, NO WAY, it is his right he worked for it. What is good for them is not good for everyone else. That is the problem right now.

You know what, I think Congressman Collett, I think you are doing the right thing by having your family on public assistance programs in ensure their welfare. However, why is it not ok for other families to receive public assistance? Did it ever occur to you that the vast majority of those who need public assistance are in the same situation you are? Or do you still believe the "welfare queen" tales every asshole tells but offers no proof of witnessing a welfare queen in action?

Word to the wise here: You would be surprised how a woman can get all dolled up on a strict budget. It's called the thrift store and the dollar store. That includes clothes, jewelry, shoes, makeup, etc. The women I see who look "dressed to the nines" while paying for food with food stamps aren't wearing high end clothing, jewelry, shoes, or makeup. They are either wearing cheap knock offs. I'm not fashionista, but even I can spot the difference between knock offs and the real thing.

Having said all of that, you're attitude is that somehow your family is entitled public assistance but the rest of us don't. Do you not see the cognitive dissonance here? How can you openly admit that your family is on public assistance and still speak out against it for others. How do you sleep at night?

Well, anyway.....you can kiss my ass you hypocritical asshole! :kiss-ass:

He is like the Teabagger that is retired and receiving Medicare and wants ACA defunded because he does not believe that the ebil government should be involved in medical care. Then you ask him if he is willing to give up his Medicare because that is a government funded medical insurance, NO WAY, it is his right he worked for it. What is good for them is not good for everyone else. That is the problem right now.

Good God you just described my Mom. I actually had to walk out of her house mid-conversation because she started in on that b/s. She also said that the questions your doctor asks at appointments (Do you smoke? Do you wear your seatbelt? Do you own guns?) are for GOVERNMENT TRACKING! My husband was dying laughing while I was fuming at her. I swear people are dumb!

You know what, I think Congressman Collett, I think you are doing the right thing by having your family on public assistance programs in ensure their welfare. However, why is it not ok for other families to receive public assistance? Did it ever occur to you that the vast majority of those who need public assistance are in the same situation you are? Or do you still believe the "welfare queen" tales every asshole tells but offers no proof of witnessing a welfare queen in action?

Word to the wise here: You would be surprised how a woman can get all dolled up on a strict budget. It's called the thrift store and the dollar store. That includes clothes, jewelry, shoes, makeup, etc. The women I see who look "dressed to the nines" while paying for food with food stamps aren't wearing high end clothing, jewelry, shoes, or makeup. They are either wearing cheap knock offs. I'm not fashionista, but even I can spot the difference between knock offs and the real thing.

Having said all of that, you're attitude is that somehow your family is entitled public assistance but the rest of us don't. Do you not see the cognitive dissonance here? How can you openly admit that your family is on public assistance and still speak out against it for others. How do you sleep at night?

Well, anyway.....you can kiss my ass you hypocritical asshole! :kiss-ass:

Let me answer the bolded for you... "No, they do not see the cognitive dissonance." As my husband says "It's the 'I got mine, fuck yours' mentality." They don't WANT people who REALLY need the help to have it because they didn't earn it. Bootstraps and all.

This all makes my head hurt. I'm very pro-socialized health care because 1) it's good for people, 2) it's fair (everyone should be able to get care when they are sick), 3) more healthy people = more people able to work, 4) less worry about how you're going to pay the bills = happier people.

People wonder why the US isn't one of the "happiest countries" and things like healthcare are why! If people didn't have to worry about going bankrupt if they hurt themselves, then people can go out and do more, and then they can be happier! I read a blog of a family who have a little boy with special needs - they've refinanced their home, they grow as much of their own food as they can, they coupon, save, and live as inexpensivly as possible all to be able to afford the medicine and therapy to keep their kid ALIVE. Isn't that disgusting? Why don't tea-partiers see that?!

I kind of get where he's coming from. My husband is a professor who is philosophically against the tenure system, but who will nevertheless apply for tenure when it's time, as it makes the most practical sense for him. I don't mind that he uses the system as it's intended to be used- what bothers me is that he fails to understand what is simply a wise economic decision on his part is literally a life or death one for the constituents he seeks to disenfranchise.

Heh, I am faculty spouse who is against the tenure system, too! My headship is not, and unfortunately for me, that's why we're stuck in uggh-ville for the time being.

But otherwise, I agree that overall the balance of his philosophy is baffling at best and shocking in others. I don't agree that the US drills in national parks, but if the national park system was abolished, what would he think would happen to it? And who would it be for? Would he be philosophically okay with not being able to pay $20 per person admission? Why would he think someone has more right to buy Yosemite, or even the pokier, less dramatic parks? I seriously do not comprehend this logical conclusion of TP politics.

People wonder why the US isn't one of the "happiest countries" and things like healthcare are why! If people didn't have to worry about going bankrupt if they hurt themselves, then people can go out and do more, and then they can be happier! I read a blog of a family who have a little boy with special needs - they've refinanced their home, they grow as much of their own food as they can, they coupon, save, and live as inexpensivly as possible all to be able to afford the medicine and therapy to keep their kid ALIVE. Isn't that disgusting? Why don't tea-partiers see that?!

Agreed! And, if we had socialized medicine here, instead of health insurance being tied to your place of employment, we wouldn't have people working jobs they hate just because they need the insurance. Instead, they would be free to, oh, maybe start a business of their own, become a freelance writer or a chef or photographer or whatever instead of tied to the desk job they despise, simply because they need the health insurance.

And yes, it is totally disgusting that that family has to do all that to afford to keep their child alive. I was on a cruise a few years ago, and there were several people from other countries also on this cruise. We ended up sitting with an older couple from England for brunch one day, and the husband started talking about healthcare. The wife's brother lived in the US, and they didn't know how he could afford it. It turns out they had a daughter with several health problems which rendered her incapable of living on her own, and they said how if they had to live in the US, they'd be bankrupt paying for her healthcare, there's no way they'd ever be able to afford to do something like a cruise.

Ugh, just when I think the teabaggers can't get any lower.

http://gawker.com/tea-party-leader-want ... 1447931487

On-topic: Didn't the late Barbara Curtis, a tea party advocate and blogger at Mommy Life, pretty much spend her life on the tax payer dime? I know she was on welfare when she was a young single mom. And I'm sure she got child tax credits for her huge brood and probably social security and Medicare once she got older.

Ugh, just when I think the teabaggers can't get any lower.

http://gawker.com/tea-party-leader-want ... 1447931487

On-topic: Didn't the late Barbara Curtis, a tea party advocate and blogger at Mommy Life, pretty much spend her life on the tax payer dime? I know she was on welfare when she was a young single mom. And I'm sure she got child tax credits for her huge brood and probably social security and Medicare once she got older.

This is the tea party guy's website (read at your own risk): americansfortruth.com/

And this is their interview discussing the pro-gay agenda of Fox News (seriously!!): americansfortruth.com/2013/10/09/michael-voris-interviews-peter-labarbera-on-fox-news-pro-gay-bias/

Archived