IGNORED

I have the Wisdom book with bankruptcy Law!

homeschoolmomma1

I contacted ATI acting like an interested family. I acted like I couldn't see the 'sample' online and they sent me the parent guide to the Wisdom booklet parent guide with bankruptcy law. SCORE! I will 'try' to scan pages and put it online. I can't promise anything since I am really busy at work and don't know if it will scan. It might not be till after the weekend.

If you all want to know what I am talking about...

youtube.com/watch?v=4QdqU_PQVzo starts at 2 minutes 50 seconds

OT how to I link it so it shows the youtube video directly on here?

I think you would all enjoy seeing this wisdom booklet... it compares

I am having a hard time sort of understanding the Wisdom booklet, so if anyone has used them in the past you would be a great help. The booklet I have has the major concept of The offended person must initiate reconciliation. Then a bible verse Matthew 6:12, 14-15 and a character focus of Forgiveness. There is also a Theme song "And can it be That I should Gain?"

There is also a Further Study Focus:

History and Geography of WW II

Classification of matter

Musculoskeletal systerm

That is just the front cover

I assume the major concept ties in with

Linguistics

History

Science

Law

Medicine

I kid you not under medicine the questions are... What is the relationship between rheumatoid arthritis and unforgiveness?

and How does the formation of scar tissue give insight into forgiveness?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It has been so long since I've seen a wisdom book used that I don't really remember how. But yes, medicine with things like that is in every booklet. Someone who has used them more recently might be able to explain them better. They don't provide a high quality education at all.

I contacted ATI acting like an interested family. I acted like I couldn't see the 'sample' online and they sent me the parent guide to the Wisdom booklet parent guide with bankruptcy law. SCORE! I will 'try' to scan pages and put it online. I can't promise anything since I am really busy at work and don't know if it will scan. It might not be till after the weekend.

If you all want to know what I am talking about...

youtube.com/watch?v=4QdqU_PQVzo starts at 2 minutes 50 seconds

OT how to I link it so it shows the youtube video directly on here?

I think you would all enjoy seeing this wisdom booklet... it compares

I am having a hard time sort of understanding the Wisdom booklet, so if anyone has used them in the past you would be a great help. The booklet I have has the major concept of The offended person must initiate reconciliation. Then a bible verse Matthew 6:12, 14-15 and a character focus of Forgiveness. There is also a Theme song "And can it be That I should Gain?"

There is also a Further Study Focus:

History and Geography of WW II

Classification of matter

Musculoskeletal systerm

That is just the front cover

I assume the major concept ties in with

Linguistics

History

Science

Law

Medicine

I kid you not under medicine the questions are... What is the relationship between rheumatoid arthritis and unforgiveness?

and How does the formation of scar tissue give insight into forgiveness?

Looking forward to your scans, homeschoolmomma1.

As to the bolded, I think I just figured out why Jana was forced to give Jessa her jewelry box all those years ago, when they were small...

Ooo,ooo can I answer the medical questions??? I have an MD so it should be OK..Let's see:

What is the relationship between rheumatoid arthritis and unforgiveness?

None. Rheumatoid arthritis results from a complex interaction between genes and environment, leading to a breakdown of immune tolerance and synovial inflammation. The initiation of RA is a combination of pre-determined (genetic) and stochastic (random) events. Susceptibility to RA is clearly defined by a pattern of inherited genes, with the HLA major histocompatability genes as the most important. However, scores of minor genes that include cytokine promoters, T cell signaling genes, and many others, contribute to susceptibility and severity. Epigenetic influences, such as hypomethylation of DNA or expression of microRNAs, can also increase pro-inflammatory gene expression.

Not one bit of evidence that unforgiveness (is that a word?) is involved

How does the formation of scar tissue give insight into forgiveness

It doesn't.

Do the Wisdom booklets try to claim that all illnesses are the result of wrongdoing? How would Josie's medical conditions (present since birth) be explained to the rest of the family?

Oh, wow. This thread has just helped me understand some things about my FIL. I have heard him say things regarding illness/spiritual stuff, and I have also heard him say that he and my MIL went to the Basic Youth Conflicts seminar back in the 70's or 80's.

I would be concerned about ATI going after you for copyright infringement if you post scans beyond fair use, as a reminder re:scans

Don't worry I won't do the whole book and will say where I got it. I worked in a library. Copyrights were engraved in me :)

I don't really know how to scan and put on here and might make a website. Is there a way to make a secret one? or one people need a password to view?

Gothard pretty much links all illnesses with some sort of sin. This is the guy who said schizophrenic people were just being selfish.

Josh relied on Wisdom Booklets for most of his homeschool years. I can imagine that he comes off as uneducated even among conservative Christian homeschoolers.

Gothard pretty much links all illnesses with some sort of sin. This is the guy who said schizophrenic people were just being selfish.

Josh relied on Wisdom Booklets for most of his homeschool years. I can imagine that he comes off as uneducated even among conservative Christian homeschoolers.

Gothard's a stupid asshole, and that's the nicest way I can put it. Seriously. Spoken like an entitled dipshit who's never had to deal with a mentally-ill family member a day in his life.

Even though they wouldn't have had a great education in the Arkansas public school system, it couldn't have been any worse than this tripe.

On the last page of the Wisdom book that ATI posted as a sample is the song Amazing Grace and it says under the song the tune is Amazing Grace... I would never have known that lol

I was wondering the same thing!

Jessa was annoying and misbehaving, and Jana asked her parents to step in. They told her to be nice to Jessa and forced her to hand over her beloved jewelry box to her.

Did you have to give personal information before they would send you the file? I'm surprised that they would just give it to anybody who expressed interest.

My e-mail was sooo funny

Hello

I was looking on your website and noticed the samples would not show up on our computer. We are looking into getting a new computer. I was wondering if we could receive samples of the ATI program through the mail. We have been so blessed to have found the Lord about 6 years ago and heard your program is really wonderful.

My daughter is 4 years old, so we wouldn't start homeschooling until next year however I want to get a 'jump start'. My husband is very interested in your planner So could we possibly get a copy of that? He wanted to know how the week is set up since I am pregnant with another little one and he wants to oversee the program for the first year of we decide to go with ATI. We will pay for the cost of the planner.

Thank You!

I then gave a name and address

This is the response

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Homeschoolmomma1,

Thank you for your interest in ATI. We would love to send you an information package with some sample material and further information about ATI! Unfortunately we are not able to send a weekly planner at this point because it is part the family materials package for ATI families. I have attached a few pages form the planner that will hopefully give you an idea of what it is.

Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any other questions

In Christ,

Kevin Boyes

ATI Admissions

ati@iblp.org

630-323-9800

The dude scanned pages of the planner for me

On the last page of the Wisdom book that ATI posted as a sample is the song Amazing Grace and it says under the song the tune is Amazing Grace... I would never have known that lol

Actually, I think they're wrong!

The name of the melody people generally use for Amazing Grace (unless one is singing it to The House of the Rising Sun or the the theme from Gilligan's Island :D ) is New Britain.

Amazing_Grace-New_Britain.gif

Jessa was annoying and misbehaving, and Jana asked her parents to step in. They told her to be nice to Jessa and forced her to hand over her beloved jewelry box to her.

This could be a clue to the scar tissue/forgiveness question! If your sister behaves badly, and it bothers you, then you're the problem. Suck it up, develop a thicker skin, forgive her completely, and be sure to give her your favorite possession to make sure there are no hard feelings.

Archived