IGNORED

Truckers plan to block the entire beltway

Mela99

washingtontimes.com/news/2013/oct/8/truckers-ride-constitution-aims-snarl-beltway-traf/

“The only way to get our legislators to operate lawfully and Constitutionally is to penalize them with a credible threat of a shutdown,†organizers wrote in a statement about the protest.

Anybody hear much about this? My bestie lives in DC, she's LIVID over this. All of Congress is ALWAYS IN DC. They're just pissing on this for everybody else.

I thought the beltway pretty much just IS a traffic snarl 24/7/365 already! What more can they do?

Block workers who need the money from getting to work and keep emergency vehicles from getting to people in need.

It's to 'teach Congress there are consequences.'

What better way? :angry-banghead:

washingtontimes.com/news/2013/oct/8/truckers-ride-constitution-aims-snarl-beltway-traf/

“The only way to get our legislators to operate lawfully and Constitutionally is to penalize them with a credible threat of a shutdown,†organizers wrote in a statement about the protest.

Anybody hear much about this? My bestie lives in DC, she's LIVID over this. All of Congress is ALWAYS IN DC. They're just pissing on this for everybody else.

Been hearing about it on facebook for a month. Not sure wtf their goal is.... apparently also a nation wide strike (heard from a couple of people the shelvs would be empty)

I'm not sure what they plan to accomplish with this. They are planning to block the inner loop. They have publicized their plans. Now people know they need to take the outer loop or another alternative route or put the "required" sticker in their window while they need to travel on the inner loop. It seems pointless. If the shutdown is still going on, there is a lot less commuter traffic right now anyway.

The whole thing makes little sense.

This is a very common way in some parts of Europe to "punish" the government. Truckers or farmers with tractors and earthmovers will sit on key highway access points as a form of protest or strike. When the country is small enough, you can bring road travel to a halt nationally. Out of the same playbook they sometimes also block road access to key airports or seaports, mucking up air and sea travel/commerce.

All to punish the government, of course.

these the guys who wanted to arrest members of congress - kinda conspiracy theory truckers - I thought this was supposed to happen last month

these the guys who wanted to arrest members of congress - kinda conspiracy theory truckers - I thought this was supposed to happen last month

Conspiracy theory truckers? I smell a reality show!!!

Oh, great. Now that will actually happen.

Fox News continues to show its journalistic credibility :roll:

http://gawker.com/trucker-protest-gets- ... 1443085397

From the article:

And that's not all. According to one of Andrews' YouTube comments left earlier this year on a video about the Benghazi attack, Andrews has developed a theory that President Obama is actually the dead terrorist Osama bin Laden. She's analyzed the ears, you see:

The fact that these soldiers were set up to die in a no return operation is obvious they had knowledge that Obama didn't want leaked. This is the Seals that killed Osama Bin Laden. I don't believe this story. He is alive call me crazy but, Osama Bin Laden is our President Obama do your research. The CIA has been preparing for this since he was a boy. They have same height, bone structure, hands and ears both are left handed the Osama face was created by Hollywood. The fox is in the hen house.

Well all that may be true, but did she not notice they aren't the same race? :cray-cray: :angry-banghead:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived