IGNORED

Ken Alexander.'s calming words at bedtime

This was incredibly triggering for me, because I had a father who, in a hissy fit, did exactly that...threw me out. I think I was 6 the first time, 19 the last time and there was at least one more time in between. Of course, I had a mother who was submissive to him at all costs and allowed it to happen. In fact she packed my stuff. It's not something that easily gotten over, I can tell you that. But, that was the way the relationship was. It was textbook Alexander.

Oh, and it has continued to the next generation too. Seriously fucked up brother who's lucky he's not in jail.

If all this is condoned in the Bible, I want nothing to do with that work of fiction.

+1 to this.

My father would say things like "you won't be welcome in this house if you do x" or "I'll disown you if you do y" also with the "I love you which is why I'd have to kick out out". I was never convinced that my place in the family was stable or certain.

My father is religious in the most messed up way, he was raised in a strict catholic family but then rejected God when his eldest brother's first male child died as a baby. They both still believe in God but are bitter, don't believe that the bible is fair account of God's goodness, and refuse to forgive God for allowing that baby to die. A man who believes in God but hates God is something to behold, my mother remained a practicing christian and my father would encourage my 5 year old brother to do things like announce to his sunday school teachers that he was going to worship Baal. :roll:

I think it is the orthodontist son who is finishing his training and moving to NY. He is seems to be the highest achiever and most educated one. The oldest daughter did not go to college and teaches dance, the youngest is certified as a teacher and then went to work at an othodontist's office. The other son, Ryan, I think is a surfing instructor and may have a degree in physical therapy. He also worked for the dad at some point.

I think Ryan is still working for Ken based on Ken's business website. I get the feeling Ryan is being groomed to take over the business when Ken retires.

scheduling-orthodontics.com/about.html

Reminds me of my ex. He'd say from time to time when drunk, "You're the only woman I've ever loved, Moodygirl. Most men would do this or that to you, but I never would!" Not as a threat, but more as if he somehow deserved credit for not treating me badly! (We're not together now, did you guess?!) But at least I was 19 and understood what he meant, even if he said it in a totally crass manner. These kids will have nightmares for the rest of their lives.

Someone noted that Lori seems to have a special hatred for Miley Cyrus and asked why she never wrote a post about the awful things Justin Beiber's done. Lori responded that she has "never been inspired to write about Justin Beiber." Could that be because Lori is singularly invested in putting other women down?

Someone noted that Lori seems to have a special hatred for Miley Cyrus and asked why she never wrote a post about the awful things Justin Beiber's done. Lori responded that she has "never been inspired to write about Justin Beiber." Could that be because Lori is singularly invested in putting other women down?

That would be yes.

I may not be Miley's biggest fan, but she isn't the obnoxious shit Justin is. I just think she's trying to figure herself out and is having a some fun in the process even though she's making some questionable choices.

Or, Ken is more interested in Miley than in Justin.....

Archived