IGNORED

Sunshine Mary explains why women are inferior to men

snuggles911

In her latest post Sunshine Mary explains why the church does not need feminism: sunshinemaryandthedragon.wordpress.com/2013/09/27/the-church-does-not-need-feminism-but-it-very-much-wants-it/

You see, women are innately inferior to men. Therefore, the church doesn't need to put women in positions of equal authority.

Man was made in God’s image but woman was made in man’s image. We are not equal image bearers; however, we women have the incredible privilege of being the (re)producers of God’s image on earth because we bear children.

Are women equal to men in ability? When considering whether women are equal to men in ability, ask yourself this question, ladies. Would you rather be shipwrecked on a desert island with a man or another woman? Of course, we women have our strengths. When properly trained, we are good at nurturing children. We can be content making our homes so long as no other woman is whispering rebellious poison in our ears. But are we generally equal to men in ability? No. Women are generally inferior to men in ability. On average we are smaller, weaker, invent almost nothing, produce almost nothing…except for children, that is. We are able to do this one thing that men cannot do; in every other area, we are inferior and it is merely an illusion propped up by artifice that we are equal to men.

However, women are better at sucking at the teat of the welfare system, according to Sunshine:

If the welfare state which exists due to taxes disproportionately paid by men were to disintegrate, the myth that women are not inferior to men would quickly evaporate. And do you know what? That fact does not bother me! It does not bother me that I am generally inferior to my husband. Rather, that fact fills me with a profound gratitude for his presence in my life and makes me acutely aware of how fortunate I am to be under his protection.

She's furious at a Christianity Today essay that suggested that feminism is not a dirty word and that churches should allow women, people of color, and homosexuals to assume leadership positions:

We have here the unstated crux of the essay: straight, white men have been in charge for too long, and it is time to put women, minorities, and (bizarrely) gays in charge. This entire essay, though couched in soothing tones of mercy and compassion, is really about power.

How could one woman be filled with so much hate? Does she really believe there will be enough men to fill all of the leadership positions held by women in the modern church?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rather, that fact fills me with a profound gratitude for his presence in my life and makes me acutely aware of how fortunate I am to be under his protection.

When your husband's "protection" results in you getting a nasty STD and having to take really powerful antibiotics to fight the infection, maybe it's time to reevaluate whether he is truly "protecting" you, or simply exposing you to more harm.

In her latest post Sunshine Mary explains why the church does not need feminism: sunshinemaryandthedragon.wordpress.com/2013/09/27/the-church-does-not-need-feminism-but-it-very-much-wants-it/

You see, women are innately inferior to men. Therefore, the church doesn't need to put women in positions of equal authority.

However, women are better at sucking at the teat of the welfare system, according to Sunshine:

She's furious at a Christianity Today essay that suggested that feminism is not a dirty word and that churches should allow women, people of color, and homosexuals to assume leadership positions:

How could one woman be filled with so much hate? Does she really believe there will be enough men to fill all of the leadership positions held by women in the modern church?

Uhh, I grew up pretty fundie-lite, but I was NEVER taught by anyone, male or female, that woman was created in the image of man, not God. Genesis 1:27 clearly says "in the image of God, he created THEM." WTH?

Not to mention the hundreds of female innovators, inventors, entrepreneurs, and leaders throughout history. Even in the Bible there are plenty of women who are described as more than just someone's mom.

Rather, that fact fills me with a profound gratitude for his presence in my life ...

Wonder if the 30 other women that he filled with his dick while he was married to her were also filled with profound gratitude for his presence in their life.

Why would it matter who you were stuck on a desert island with? The whole point to a desert island is there is no food to hunt or collect and no trees with which to build shelter or make fire.

Now if we were talking about a tropical island I want to be stuck with somebody strong enough to cut down trees and with building skills make a shelter. I know plenty of men and women who could fulfil this role. (I'm happy to catch and cook fish to feed us.)

Why would it matter who you were stuck on a desert island with? The whole point to a desert island is there is no food to hunt or collect and no trees with which to build shelter or make fire.

Now if we were talking about a tropical island I want to be stuck with somebody strong enough to cut down trees and with building skills make a shelter. I know plenty of men and women who could fulfil this role. (I'm happy to catch and cook fish to feed us.)

Or, as Christina said in the comment section

I may like a man who can build a boat or hunt me food on a dessert island

If someone would hunt me food on a dessert island, I really wouldn't care if it be a man or a woman! Hell, I'd hunt my own food there!

Have any of you seen that episode of the latest "Survivor"-style reality show (I forget what it's called) where a man and a woman are dropped off on a remote island in the Maldives naked and have to last 2 weeks or something? The woman went straight into problem-solving mode: built them shelter, some sort of fishing device, figured out where to get water, etc, etc. The man, meanwhile, who was ex-military, was totally useless for the first 4-5 days on account of being SUNBURNED. He just lay there moaning under a "blanket" she made him of tropical leaves woven together while she was climbing trees and knocking down coconuts and scavenging for food.

So yeah. No, you dipshit. I'd take a woman any day of the week.

I kind of understand how a woman could end up with beliefs like Sunshinemary's, especially with the 'right' husband. When someone constantly reinforces your own fears and insecurities, you can start to believe it. Maybe sometimes, it feels better to feel inferior than to feel unloved. I know SSM is mostly intolerable, and people here (rightfully) really dislike her, but the more I read her blog, the more I become I become convinced that she, as well as all the other women who comment on her blog and similar blogs, have just been completely beaten down and abused. I honestly hope this isn't the case. I like to think they are all playing some silly game they get off on. But I don't think that's true. :cry:

Just telling daughter about this thread. She says that obviously the person you want to be stuck with is Dora the Explorer. After all, she has everything you will need in her backpack.

Hi! Long time lurker first time poster. What is up with the constant need to be superior/inferior in fundie land. It is really disgusting how women/PoC(most Christian fundies are really racist)/LGBT people are supposed to shut up and know their place. What is so threatening about equals.

I am tempted to list wiki articles detailing the hundreds of women scientists/artists/writers/leaders that have existed in this world. IK bet she would just delete it

Hi! Long time lurker first time poster. What is up with the constant need to be superior/inferior in fundie land. It is really disgusting how women/PoC(most Christian fundies are really racist)/LGBT people are supposed to shut up and know their place. What is so threatening about equals.

I am tempted to list wiki articles detailing the hundreds of women scientists/artists/writers/leaders that have existed in this world. IK bet she would just delete it

I'd like to see the list posted over here if you have time. It would be helpful to her fan boys who share her views on women. She would probably just discount it saying that most inventions/art/scientific discoveries have been made by men, without mentioning that women haven't even had access to equal education until fairly recently and they still struggle for equality in the workplace.

I kind of understand how a woman could end up with beliefs like Sunshinemary's, especially with the 'right' husband. When someone constantly reinforces your own fears and insecurities, you can start to believe it. Maybe sometimes, it feels better to feel inferior than to feel unloved. I know SSM is mostly intolerable, and people here (rightfully) really dislike her, but the more I read her blog, the more I become I become convinced that she, as well as all the other women who comment on her blog and similar blogs, have just been completely beaten down and abused. I honestly hope this isn't the case. I like to think they are all playing some silly game they get off on. But I don't think that's true. :cry:

I'm also starting to think that too.

Or, as Christina said in the comment section

Oh, Christina, if I were trapped on a dessert island, I would sink so fast into a chocolate-induced gluttony that it would make your head spin. And you know what? I'd probably prefer to be stuck with my husband just because he would like to gorge himself on whatever cookies are available. We'd become so rotund and squishy that we'd just lay around snuggling one another's fat rolls. It would be heaven on earth. :cracking-up:

Oh, Christina, if I were trapped on a dessert island, I would sink so fast into a chocolate-induced gluttony that it would make your head spin. And you know what? I'd probably prefer to be stuck with my husband just because he would like to gorge himself on whatever cookies are available. We'd become so rotund and squishy that we'd just lay around snuggling one another's fat rolls. It would be heaven on earth. :cracking-up:

I, too, dream of being trapped on a dessert island. I'd lay out and caramelize on beaches of pure sugar, then go frolic in the chocolate fountain. We'd head in for freshly-baked cookies and cakes, with mugs of hot chocolate. There would be no need to hunt me food, because where dessert is involved, I do my own hunting. And the only boat I need is the one to hold the banana split. See you there, "Christina!"

Just telling daughter about this thread. She says that obviously the person you want to be stuck with is Dora the Explorer. After all, she has everything you will need in her backpack.

:lol: :lol:

Great now I have that bloody song in my head. Somebody please buy her a GPS!!!!!

Would you rather be shipwrecked on a desert island with a man or another woman?

My first thought was, be stranded with a guy who could steal my food and rape me at will? Punch me if I don't do what he wants? I watched Survivor for years and if they weren't playing a game I have no doubt some of the more scary guys would not have hesitated to take what they want by force. Uh. No thanks. Yes to another woman please.

I'm also starting to think that too.

You know, me, too. I think SSM has some type of Stockholm Syndrome. She has full internalized her husband's abuse and cheating as if there is something deeply flawed in her and womankind in general, which has lead to her fully toxic POV.

With just any man? No. With my SO who has lived in the woods a month at a time and has much common sense, yes. Otherwise I believe I'd choose my brother or a woman.

I think that she rationalizes all of the abuse so she can survive. Teaching others how wonderful her very sad life is another thing. Especially her children. I believe that this is the same state of mind of some domestic violence victims. All in all they are broken down to where they believe they deserve being abused. SSM and Lori are extra extra sick.

Lori Alexander pipes up in the comments section:

The verse reads, “I commend unto you Phoebe our sister, which is a servant of the church which is at Cenchrea.†Romans 16:1 It doesn’t call her a Deacon in my Bible, the King James version. Deacons, as Paul qualifies them, are leaders in the church.

As everyone well knows, the epistles were written in King James' English, not Koine Greek, so it simply could NOT BE that the same Greek word was translated as "Deacon" when referencing a man and "servant" when referencing a woman.

I'd like to see the list posted over here if you have time. It would be helpful to her fan boys who share her views on women. She would probably just discount it saying that most inventions/art/scientific discoveries have been made by men, without mentioning that women haven't even had access to equal education until fairly recently and they still struggle for equality in the workplace.

Archived