IGNORED

Well, this gives a new meaning to "holy of holies"

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2013/09/they-laid-down-their-swords.html

When we "enter the holy of holies" in our bedroom and there is "true intimacy" {not just going through the motion of obedience}, we end our "tender time" with prayer. I bless him and he blesses me. I tell our Father how much I love and appreciate my husband and all of his good qualities as a father and husband and he tells our Father how much he appreciates me, loves me and is thankful that God sent me to him as his "gift"! It's like the "anointing of our hearts" with God's love! Beautiful and real. No more faking, pretending, or harboring resentment. No more negative words poisoning my mind and stealing my passion anymore! My husband loves the new me and vice versa!

:evil-eye: Umm, thank god these fundies are so modest. No sex obsessed at all :?

Why does the "no more faking and pretending" portion seem to reference Lori's sexual performance? Those are two words I would not use when discussing a post-coitus interlude...but Lori IS the queen of passive-aggressive slams, so maybe that's as close as she can get to publicly calling Ken out for being lousy in the sack. :lol:

I'm apparently slow and possibly not old enough to have this conversation :shock:

I understand what she is using "true intimacy" for, but I don't understand what she is using "the holiest of holies" for. Maybe it's because I just woke up, but that sentence doesn't make sense to me :(

Also maybe I am in the minority, but no one in my circle of friends spends as much time talking about sex as fundies do. It seems strange to me that they are all so obsessed with sex in one form or another. Maybe this is why they worry about their kids and monitor them so closely. *They* are obsessed with sex, so they assume everyone else is.

So they only pray and bless each other (I can't even type that without wanting to vomit) after mutually enjoyable sex. Which means that they are well aware when one or the other are faking it. Gah! Their relationship is unfathomable to me.

She needs to learn to fake it better. Her submissivness must be slipping. 8-)

I'll be a voice of dissent, I guess.

Sure, there's a certain amount of fundie goofiness with the language, and I generally associate the Holy of Holies with a specific spot within the former Temple in Jerusalem, but it's actually a nice message from that lady (it's not Lori's words).

I agree with what that lady is saying about true intimacy, the idea of partners focusing on the good qualities in the other, the idea that they bless each other, and the overall tone of love and MUTUAL RESPECT. [Not gonna preach here, but FWIW my personal religious beliefs see marital intimacy as something holy and real intimacy as something that goes far beyond just physical urges. In the right context, sex isn't something dirty or sinful.]

This sounds like a critique of Lori's views, only Lori is too dense to realize it.

Too bad Lori isn't internalizing that message. There is so much more to it than not arguing. As we've pointed out ad nauseum, that picture almost certainly does NOT apply to Lori's bedroom. She and Ken have both said, "yeah, that sounds nice, but it's not realistic, a wife shouldn't expect pleasure, so shut up and spread your legs and in 10 minutes it will be over." To them, it's all about meeting a man's physical needs so that he doesn't screw around elsewhere. Real intimacy, love, sharing and mutual respect aren't in the picture.

So are some 'holes' more 'holy' than other holes? Kind of like a sliding scale of holiness?

Other than that I'm lost.

Is the "holiest of holies" her vagina? No, they both "enter" it. A tent on their bed? That doesn't make much sense.

I can't even . . . :ew:

Maybe she puts a finger up his butt.

I'm apparently slow and possibly not old enough to have this conversation :shock:

I understand what she is using "true intimacy" for, but I don't understand what she is using "the holiest of holies" for. Maybe it's because I just woke up, but that sentence doesn't make sense to me :(

Also maybe I am in the minority, but no one in my circle of friends spends as much time talking about sex as fundies do. It seems strange to me that they are all so obsessed with sex in one form or another. Maybe this is why they worry about their kids and monitor them so closely. *They* are obsessed with sex, so they assume everyone else is.

Isn't it weird? Fundamentalists have a point about the intrusion of sex into places where sex has no business. We get songs with lines like "I don't want to meet your momma,/I just want to hear you come-a" on the radio during family hour at a public pool. After years of Victoria's Secret billboards and ever-escalating stage shows, breasts are so closely associated with sexual come-ons that women who feed their babies in a public place are accused of perversion. But in separating from this culture of endless titillation, they've just created their own culture of endless titillation. Boasting about your sexual adventures is just as tacky if you use religious-flavored euphemisms and specify that you are married to the other person in the story. And do not even get me started on the endless snooping around for anything that might be "defrauding."

Some surprisingly prudish reactions, IMHO.

Religions have found holiness in sexuality WAY before fundamentalist Christianity existed. Did nobody here ever read The Da Vinci Code, or see a sculpture of a fertility goddess, or hear of the Kama Sutra?

There are Jewish writings that deal with sex and spirituality in some pretty frank ways, and yes, sex in the proper context is seen as holy.

That's not Lori (who is a fucking monster) saying that. It's the woman her blog post about who is talking. Again - not Lori (who is a fucking monster) and Ken doing the anointing. Someone else.

That's not Lori (who is a fucking monster) saying that. It's the woman her blog post about who is talking. Again - not Lori (who is a fucking monster) and Ken doing the anointing. Someone else.

Exactly. What Lori and Ken do is NOT holy in my view, since it's all about his physical needs and has nothing to do with real intimacy or communication or respect, and seems dangerously close to rape.

So, apparently we are heathens, because we normally end with cuddles and "Hey, I love you......" as we go to sleep. Maybe our romance is gone (I know a 3 yo and 18 mo and baby-in-gestation that could be blamed), but I would be WEIRDED OUT if every time we had sex, we prayed and blessed each other. Whatever floats your boat....but it's also well within my rights to say it's weird. ;)

So, apparently we are heathens, because we normally end with cuddles and "Hey, I love you......" as we go to sleep. Maybe our romance is gone (I know a 3 yo and 18 mo and baby-in-gestation that could be blamed), but I would be WEIRDED OUT if every time we had sex, we prayed and blessed each other. Whatever floats your boat....but it's also well within my rights to say it's weird. ;)

Hey, say whatever you like. :)

Personally, if you have a committed relationship and cuddles and "I love you", it sounds like sex is being used for true intimacy. I'd consider that to be a holy thing. It's part of a relationship with love and respect and caring about how the other person feels.

I do not consider "you don't have a good excuse to say no even if you are tired and in pain, I'm your headship and the Bible says you have to listen to me, if we can't agree on whether or not to have sex I get the final say, I don't care if you aren't enjoying it as long as you don't ruin my fun by complaining out loud, just spread your legs and it will be over in a few minutes" to be holy. It's the exact opposite. That's what Ken and Lori and SSM and their wacky MRA fans are promoting.

I don't think it's necessarily prudish to suggest that people that are so worried about sex seem obsessed when they blog about their adventures in the bedroom.

I don't have a problem with sex. Let your freak flag fly. I don't think it necessarily needs to be put in a public forum, though. IMO, posting on the internet is anything BUT intimate.

I also don't understand the use of the term "holiest of holies" in that sentence as I said previously. This is another thing that bothers me about fundies. If you are going to talk about your sex life on your public blog, at least be man or woman enough to use actual terms of your body parts or actions. Don't use cutesy euphemisms.

If she is trying to get across something religious or spiritual in her post, it was completely lost on me because I honestly don't understand what the "holiest of holies" is. I understand the rest of her post, but because I don't know what that is and it sounds silly (and makes no sense), it just makes me want to make fun of her for being somewhat blasphemous, apparently without realizing it.

Also why put true intimacy in scare quotes if it's something important that is spiritual and meaningful.

Some of my oldest and dearest friends are/were alt sex educators in San Francisco and they didn't talk about sex as much as the fundies do!

I take the "Holy of Holies" to be an analogy for the most intimate state of their marriage. I'm not down with the post-coital blessings, but I think it's normal for people that share a life and spiritual beliefs to consider sexual intimacy a spiritual connection.

Hey, say whatever you like. :)

Personally, if you have a committed relationship and cuddles and "I love you", it sounds like sex is being used for true intimacy. I'd consider that to be a holy thing. It's part of a relationship with love and respect and caring about how the other person feels.

I do not consider "you don't have a good excuse to say no even if you are tired and in pain, I'm your headship and the Bible says you have to listen to me, if we can't agree on whether or not to have sex I get the final say, I don't care if you aren't enjoying it as long as you don't ruin my fun by complaining out loud, just spread your legs and it will be over in a few minutes" to be holy. It's the exact opposite. That's what Ken and Lori and SSM and their wacky MRA fans are promoting.

Yeah, I can't even imagine. I am dealing with some intimate health issues due to my pregnancy (yay.....) and my husband doesn't say, "Well, sex is my right, so deal with it." No, we come up with new and different things to do to have that same sexytime, and togetherness, but without bothering my issues. THAT'S healthy and (if you want to go there) Godly and loving. Love isn't love when it's forced, and sex isn't either, imo.

Archived