IGNORED

Ken Alexander's struggle

Found this gem on Ken's website:

Ken has many years of graduate training in communications and personal relations and has lectured extensively at the AAO and around the world on the important subjects of staff organization and staff management. Ken is in the business of transforming lives as he develops teams to “speak the truth in love!"
:pink-shock:

Not creepy at all.......

Am I the only one who suspects Ken might be abusive? Like, maybe not physically, but it takes a certain person to really be that harsh to another person that you claim to love. We've mostly seen only one side of this, but I wonder if Lori is passive aggressive because it's the only way she knows to deal with this. I'm finding it hard to even summon outrage at Lori anymore when her husband is really this bad.

I agree, he could be unaware that some people are disgusted by him. But I still wonder if has ever experienced backlash on a professional level due to Lori's blog. When I looked at Ken's business website several months back, I noticed he had a testimonials section and one of the testimonials was from a female orthodontist who praised Ken. She may not know about Lori's blog, but I have to wonder if she would be pissed about having a consultant whose wife constantly bashes working women and Ken has made misogynist comments on the blog too.

Interesting about the testimonial from the female orthodontist, and it goes to show that in spite of his and his wife's attitudes towards women, he was willing to take her money.

Reminds me of a coworker who talked down to the female coworkers...until he got a female boss. He did a complete 180 once his job and income was dependent on not being a condescending jerk.

Am I the only one who suspects Ken might be abusive? Like, maybe not physically, but it takes a certain person to really be that harsh to another person that you claim to love. We've mostly seen only one side of this, but I wonder if Lori is passive aggressive because it's the only way she knows to deal with this. I'm finding it hard to even summon outrage at Lori anymore when her husband is really this bad.

Nope-- you're not alone. I have to limit my Lori exposure, because as insufferable as I find her, Ken comes across as gaslighting, manipulative, inflexible, and apt to respond with disproportionate anger to requests or suggestions that most people would see as reasonable. Lori's posts, to me, look like (1) an attempt to convince herself that marrying Ken was not the worst mistake of her life and (2) a thinly veiled cry for help.

I know and love someone who's in a similarly bad marriage, with a similar sense of being unable to leave, because vows trump everything else for her (though said person wouldn't counsel everyone else to stay married to someone who's invested in making them feel incapable of leaving). I do feel for Lori, because I suspect that-- like my loved one-- she is going to die still wishing that she had a life other than the one she has.

Interesting about the testimonial from the female orthodontist, and it goes to show that in spite of his and his wife's attitudes towards women, he was willing to take her money.

Reminds me of a coworker who talked down to the female coworkers...until he got a female boss. He did a complete 180 once his job and income was dependent on not being a condescending jerk.

I looked at Ken's site again on his client lists it is mostly male with a few other females in addition to the one who gave the testimonial. He seems to have a good size clientele, but he probably has to compete with similar businesses and some orthodontists will not use a business consultant. He will take a working women's money at any time because he knows needs to have a good size list and bring in money any way he can. He is probably two faced whenever he has deal with his female clients. I can also see his male clients being disgusted with Ken's attitudes towards women especially since many of them have mostly female support staffs. Also Ken and Lori's daughter worked at a orthodontic office as a treatment coordinator.

If Ken hasn't experienced a backlash or issues because of his and Lori's online activities, it is bound to happen if a client or a client's staff member either googles Ken and finds Lori's blog. Ken has several clients in southern California who may have met Lori. One of the bloggers discussed on GOMI caused problems for her husband due to her blog and twitter activities. The blogger's husband owned some business and during the last election she caused problems because she stated on twitter that her husband was going to have layoff employees due to Obamacare and she said something about some of the employees who voted for Obama.

The title of this thread, "Ken's Struggle," is weirdly analogous to "Mein Kampf" ("My Struggle," in German, IIRC).

I looked at Ken's site again on his client lists it is mostly male with a few other females in addition to the one who gave the testimonial. He seems to have a good size clientele, but he probably has to compete with similar businesses and some orthodontists will not use a business consultant. He will take a working women's money at any time because he knows needs to have a good size list and bring in money any way he can. He is probably two faced whenever he has deal with his female clients. I can also see his male clients being disgusted with Ken's attitudes towards women especially since many of them have mostly female support staffs. Also Ken and Lori's daughter worked at a orthodontic office as a treatment coordinator.

If Ken hasn't experienced a backlash or issues because of his and Lori's online activities, it is bound to happen if a client or a client's staff member either googles Ken and finds Lori's blog. Ken has several clients in southern California who may have met Lori. One of the bloggers discussed on GOMI caused problems for her husband due to her blog and twitter activities. The blogger's husband owned some business and during the last election she caused problems because she stated on twitter that her husband was going to have layoff employees due to Obamacare and she said something about some of the employees who voted for Obama.

Being in Southern Cal, a highly populated area, chances are Ken has lost potential work already. All it would take is for someone to google for his own (Ken's) website but check out other search results and stumble across the blog. It wouldn't be surprising if he lost potential business this way.

Being in Southern Cal, a highly populated area, chances are Ken has lost potential work already. All it would take is for someone to google for his own (Ken's) website but check out other search results and stumble across the blog. It wouldn't be surprising if he lost potential business this way.

I agree he has probably lost potential clients.

Nope-- you're not alone. I have to limit my Lori exposure, because as insufferable as I find her, Ken comes across as gaslighting, manipulative, inflexible, and apt to respond with disproportionate anger to requests or suggestions that most people would see as reasonable. Lori's posts, to me, look like (1) an attempt to convince herself that marrying Ken was not the worst mistake of her life and (2) a thinly veiled cry for help.

I know and love someone who's in a similarly bad marriage, with a similar sense of being unable to leave, because vows trump everything else for her (though said person wouldn't counsel everyone else to stay married to someone who's invested in making them feel incapable of leaving). I do feel for Lori, because I suspect that-- like my loved one-- she is going to die still wishing that she had a life other than the one she has.

I think most of us believe that he is.

According to statements directly from Lori or Ken:

- Ken MUST be right all the time

- Ken believes that women exist to serve men

- Ken gets pleasure from seeing Lori struggle to suppress her own will

- Ken disclosed on Lori's blog that she had sexual issues when they got married

- Ken said that Lori is not perfect, but will come to him after doing something wrong and tell him that she was a "naughty girl"

- the only good stuff that Ken has ever said about Lori is that she stopped being a nag and struggles hard to submit to him

- Ken believes that men should tell their wives that God requires them to submit

- Ken believes that women should submit to their husbands by having sex, even if they aren't enjoying it and even if they have health issues causing pain, since women exist to cater to men's needs

- according to her post on Sunshine Mary's blog, Ken thinks that a wife who puts knives in the dishwasher against her husband's instructions should be spanked

Have I missed anything?

OMG!!!!!! Lori scrunched up her face and Widdle Kenny doesn't wike it!! Waaaahhh!!! :pull-hair:

Next thing you know he's be saying "stop touching me" or "she's looking at me" Do you think the kids have to tell them if they don't straighten up, they will turn the car around and go back home? ;)

I wish Lori would just SHUT UP.

She seems incapable of understanding that her personal experiences are:

a) just that, personal experiences

b) not universal experiences

c) not paradigmatic, archetypal, prototypal, exemplary or any sort of an ideal model for anyone else's experiences

d) not intrinsically superior to anyone else's experiences

and equally incapable of understanding that attempting to justify, explain or validate her (extremely sad and disturbing) experiences for herself as in any way normal or admirable by claiming them as didactically exemplary or morally prototypal can't of itself make them so, or in fact make them anything other than sad and disturbing.

I am generally a patient woman but increasingly I find myself wanting to confront her verbally and say this to her in rather blunter terms.

I just want to say that I've missed you, Artemis :) I love your posts like this and am glad to see you are back to posting at least a little bit!

I wonder just who are these younger women Lori is supposedly "mentoring"? Anyone who reads her blog could see that she's clearly not pleased with her own performance as a godly wife, so why would they trust her advice? It's like hiring a financial advisor who's gone bankrupt, or a fitness coach who's 100 pounds overweight. Just doesn't make sense.

Archived