IGNORED

Jessa is Courting! All Things Duggar Family - Part 7

happy atheist

I'm guessing back row, third from right.

Sola's right he definitly is the baby cowboy in the front row. He just look like some of the D'boys!

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

have they ever gone into more detail about this? i am curious to know if it was more than kissing...

The only thing they have ever said it that they were virgins when they got married but went further than they should have. Nothing more specific than they kissed.

She said that Jessa and Ben decided not to even hold hands in their relationship and that she has developed these strong ethics in her children over time.

Not holding hands is not an ethical decision. What the everloving fuck is unethical about holding god damn hands? Preschoolers hold hands. They don't start screwing each other on the playground because of it. If you are so horny that you can't hold hands without trying to screw someone, then 1 you have issues, and 2 sounds like a lot of "unethical" things are going through your mind 24/7!

Wow, holier than Josh and Anna.

At this rate, Josie won't even be meeting or seeing her spouse until she's at the altar. Or maybe she won't be physically present at the wedding because of the temptation to kiss before JB tells her to. She'll meet him on their first anniversary.

Small business question-- Did someone say that Ben has a windshield repair business (link please?)? Are there any legal impediments to running a small business when you aren't 21? Can you get a small business loan? Licenses? Just curious. Or is being 18 the key legal barrier to overcome?

Small business question-- Did someone say that Ben has a windshield repair business (link please?)? Are there any legal impediments to running a small business when you aren't 21? Can you get a small business loan? Licenses? Just curious. Or is being 18 the key legal barrier to overcome?

I'm also curious about his windshield repair business. Is it his business as in he's the one who started it from the ground up? Because I would imagine (from what I've seen of Safelight commercials) that there's some pricey equipment you'd have to buy to get started, so I'm wondering how an 18 year old was able to do that if he was acting all on his own.

I don't know the specific laws of each state, but I would think that since age 18 is the age you can sign and execute a contract, he's old enough.

/lawschool

I want to know if they are timing the side hugs. I assume 31 seconds would be defrauding.

And the whole thing about how a couple has to basically avoid having fun together in courtship just irritates the crap out of me. Life is hard. It is good to have someone beside you that you can have a good time with in spite of it all.

I call bullshit on him starting anything from the "ground up." The state of Arkansas has 3 businesses under the name, seewald. None are current, only one in hot springs. The autoglass business is here:

sos.arkansas.gov/corps/search_corps.php?DETAIL=171712&corp_type_id=&corp_name=&agent_search=seewald&agent_city=&agent_state=AR&filing_number=&cmd=

post-315-14451998189605_thumb.jpg

Kind of hard to build something when it was incorporated in 1999... He was 4! Its also not current.

The parents are 39, married at 19, with an 18 year old son. Not a lot of time there to get a college education. I believe Pa Seewald has a construction business, one of the favorite self-employment vehicles of fundies/fundie-lites all over the South (pretty much everywhere else, other than the Bible Belt and parts of the Heartland, they get undercut by Hispanic builders).

My (non-fundy) ex-mother-in-law was 18 and married when my ex-husband was born. She managed to attend college and graduate school, earning a BA, MA, and PhD. My fundy rebbetzen is 30, has 5 children ranging in age from 3-1/2 to 10, and has a BA and MA (in special education). I realize both of these women are not the norm, but this goes to show that you can't assume someone is uneducated because they had children young.

Jessa is the same age as 3 of my daughters I can't imagine them marrying now. Ben is the same age as my son and I cannot imagine him being married or engaged.

I sincerely hope they are happy together and genuinely care for each other

One of my major gripes with courtship at least my understanding of it is that it happens so rapidly and in such controlled circumstances you're still in the first blush of a romance. In my opinion you need to be able to see someone at their worst before you agree to marry them and that usually doesn't happen in the first few months.

What's the significance of the accent? Everyone has an accent. You can't know whether or not someone is educated based on their accent.

As for Ben's company - no wonder Jim Bob likes this kid. He's taken a page straight out of the Duggar handbook by taking over a family business and pretending that he started it.

I call bullshit on him starting anything from the "ground up." The state of Arkansas has 3 businesses under the name, seewald. None are current, only one in hot springs. The autoglass business is here:

sos.arkansas.gov/corps/search_corps.php?DETAIL=171712&corp_type_id=&corp_name=&agent_search=seewald&agent_city=&agent_state=AR&filing_number=&cmd=

[attachment=0]autoglass.jpg[/attachment]

Kind of hard to build something when it was incorporated in 1999... He was 4! Its also not current.

Perhaps Ben resurrected an auto glass repair business that someone in his family previously ran? He was able to use their equipment or buy it from them for very little money? An 18 year old BOY might not have any idea that he needs a business license. He may just be doing windshields on the side, as he goes to college. That is enough for Boob to tell the world that his future son-in-law has his own business.

Incorporation is not required; he may be running his "business" as a sole proprietor. I haven't checked, but I'd guess Erin Bates did not incorporate her "piano school."

I want to know if they are timing the side hugs. I assume 31 seconds would be defrauding.

I want to know who's timing the sidehugs. 30 seconds is a long damn time, especially whith someone staring at you intently while intermittently looking at a stopwatch... Awkward! :angry-nono:

As for Ben being a pastor, I am of a mind that he's feeding Boob the BS that he wants to hear; after all, this kid has been under the tutelage (although not directly that was have ascertained) of Dougie the Tool. The kid is well-versed in fundie-speak, and even if the family is fundie-lite, they still know when/how to turn on full fundie-mode when necessary.

This. I always felt that JB could fall for anyone who knows how to say the right things and look sincere enough about it. In various threads here speculating on how a Duggar kid could escape, I often thought marriage with a fundie-lite could be a possibility for the J'slaves. While it remains to be seen if Ben and Jessa actually go fundie-lite post marriage, I do find it interesting the whole "he owns his own business" and "he's going to be a pastor" schtick. All the right things on daddy's checklist and the guy's only 18. Between the fundie-lite signs and the VF/Dougie :music-tool: connection, I agree this is a real possibility.

I want to know who's timing the sidehugs. 30 seconds is a long damn time, especially whith someone staring at you intently while intermittently looking at a stopwatch... Awkward! :angry-nono:

Well, what exactly about courtship is not designed to be incredibly awkward from beginning to end?

Side hugs being timed with a stopwatch is sure to add to that exercise in massive cognitive dissonance known the "awkward virgin honeymoon".

[attachment=0]autoglass.jpg[/attachment]

On Facebook his grandma said several of her son's and her grandson worked in windshield repair. Definitely not from m the ground up but at least he's doing doing something

This. I always felt that JB could fall for anyone who knows how to say the right things and look sincere enough about it. In various threads here speculating on how a Duggar kid could escape, I often thought marriage with a fundie-lite could be a possibility for the J'slaves. While it remains to be seen if Ben and Jessa actually go fundie-lite post marriage, I do find it interesting the whole "he owns his own business" and "he's going to be a pastor" schtick. All the right things on daddy's checklist and the guy's only 18. Between the fundie-lite signs and the VF/Dougie :music-tool: connection, I agree this is a real possibility.

Ben would need years of education to become a Pastor. It does not seem like a good idea to get married when he is going to be in classes for the remaining of the possible marriage.

I don't know about you, but 31 seconds after touching someone I am usually having sex with them. Even if there are chaperons. Talk about awkward.

Archived