IGNORED

Jessa is Courting! All Things Duggar Family - Part 7

happy atheist

I found out too late and I think it's over, but jinger, Jana and others were interviewed by the pecan thief himself in a live webcast earlier, talking about journey to the heart. I'm on my phone so I can't do anything but I think it should be available or will be soon because they have previous webcasts listed

embassyinstitute.org/live

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me too. Link?

It's an episode called Hunting and House Guests, from the fall of 2012. Crushable has a recap, but the link to a video clip of the "talk" is no longer active. As I recall, Boob compared hunting and mating seaon among turkeys to finding a spouse. You can hear Jinger's eyes rolling, and she essentially dismisses Boob as a complete embarrassment.

I was doing some reading on the virgin bride experience, and I found that a good number of the couples didn't have sex on their wedding night. In some cases it was months before they actually did. So some couples go from 0 to 10 on their wedding night, others fall into it slowly.

I just hope they avoid gross amounts of hand sex during their courtship.

I'm not entirely convinced they tell them anything at all. Smugs gave that anecdote about sex being "too heavy for children to carry".

I just keep thinking that the boys are probably told, and the girls not. After all, the only thing girls need to know is they don't have a choice, ever. Their role is to be a sex toy and pray for an heir.

The People article is depressing. This kid is just 18 years old! Poor Jessa. What does he do for a living anyway? He wants to be a minister or something? Way to go JimBob and Michelle. I just always wanted Jessa to get out of this cult. And the parents are monitoring their texts too! Just shaking my head here.

OMG...jeans?!?!?! I can't believe JB approves of this guy and his family.

Is the "local landmark" at 1:18 some falling-apart vacant house?

I found out too late and I think it's over, but jinger, Jana and others were interviewed by the pecan thief himself in a live webcast earlier, talking about journey to the heart. I'm on my phone so I can't do anything but I think it should be available or will be soon because they have previous webcasts listed

embassyinstitute.org/live

I wonder will we hear about her getting over an issue with a close family member again.

Is the "local landmark" at 1:18 some falling-apart vacant house?

Yes. What you just witnessed was witty, witty sarcasm, my friend.

Oh, dear lord. Where have you been? But welcome to the group that are horrified by this. Reality TV is not covered by Federal Child Labor laws. Check out Paul Petersen's "A Minor Consideration" for more details.

The Duggar franchise probably gets one check. Gawd only knows whether the "adult" Duggars get their own checks (although they should) and the under-age kiddies are so screwed.

Smuggar may have got his own check cut. "Leave and cleave" baby. Little Smuggar kiddo's birthing stories are unlikely to get a cut of the $$ of filming M's births or future filming -- because Smugs probably cut his own nasty deal.

CA, PA, NY, and perhaps a couple of other states have now caught up (in a very small sense) to Coogan Law look-alikes. Coogan is CA specific. For the rest -- kids on Reality TV are Meercats.

PA caught up -- well after the event -- to the fact that the Gosselin kids were actually working.

We are still battling Arkansas on the Duggar kids working. If a Coogan-type law should go into place in Arkansas -- why then the Duggar kids might be entitled to a 15% of the gross divided by 19 (or 18 less Smuggar) with $$ taken out for education and health needs if PA's amendment is a model.

Reality TV sucks. Kids filmed for Reality TV have no rights in most states.

I've been a long time reader new poster since we moved to this site. Yeah I am in Ca so only really focused the local laws, but am super stoked to check out the the Chid Actor's Bill. My focus has been crim (although I am currently working in personal injury so who knows?).

Thanks for the info, you've set my researching mind off and since I spend most of my day researching, this should be a nive reprieve from the mundane medical malpractice boringness. Thanks again! :clap:

Kate and TLC only set up the trust accounts after the state of PA forced them to do so.

TLC probably has an account for the other childern because Kate plus 8 had a trust account for each child from the show.

I realize you are a big fan of the Duggars, but what makes you think that Jim Bob would let his children earn money instead of making it all "family" money? Nothing I have seen from him has ever given the impression that he would even allow TLC to set up trust fund accounts for his kids on his behalf. It would encourage the idea of independence. In Gothard world children are considered as under the full authority of their father and not independent of him until they are married. Despite the lack of frumpers, the Duggars are still very much Gothard supporters.

Any money that is set aside for them would probably only be given to them when they married to a person Jim Bob approved of.

Come on, guys. Their names are Ben and Jessa. Why can't we call them BJ?

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I think that is the winner. :lol:

radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/09/jessa-duggar-jim-bob-michelle-mistakes-marriage-daughter-courting/

the parents exclusively told RadarOnline.com that their daughter is “getting to know†her new boyfriend.

“Jessa and Ben [seewald] have been together for a couple of months and they’re getting to know each other,†Jim Bob said about his 20-year-old daughter and her new beau.

The conservative family’s daughter is “courting†Ben and her parents have encourage her to get to know him on a deeper, spiritual level.

“Both of them love studying the Bible and he is thinking about becoming a pastor. They have similar interests and are really a match made in Heaven,†Jim Bob said.

He explained that Jessa and Ben have been “asking a lot of other young couples about their standards and the directions they went. They are learning about having a spiritual relationship.â€

The “courting†process that the Duggars practice doesn’t encourage a physical relationship before marriage and Jim Bob explained he and Michelle shared the mistakes they believe they made in their marriage and hope that their children don’t make the same ones.

“We hope they save they physical for when they are married. When Michelle and I were dating we took things father than we should have and we regret that. We hope they hold off on any physical aspect until they’re married and that they focus on their spiritual relationship.â€

Michelle told RadarOnline.com that it is exciting to see her daughter “being mature in her conversation.â€

She said that Jessa and Ben decided not to even hold hands in their relationship and that she has developed these strong ethics in her children over time.

“We have long conversations and talk about how we do two things. One, we serve the Lord, and two, we serve other people.â€

Michelle said that she would love to attend her daughter’s wedding but that she certainly isn’t going to make any decisions about that in the near future.

“We don’t have a timeframe at all,†Jim Bob said about their relationship plans but said Ben “fits with our family and he will make a great husband for Jessa.â€

Kate and TLC only set up the trust accounts after the state of PA forced them to do so.

The trust accounts will likely be gone before the children are grown up. The money in the trust is to be spent on the children. But, that can include tuition, housing, food, nannies, doctors exc. The childrens work is still funding their parents lifestyle. Its just behind a smoke screen.

The Duggar children are also funding their parents life style. Partially through being on the show and partially through raising their siblings.

Come on, guys. Their names are Ben and Jessa. Why can't we call them BJ?

YES! Of course that means their quest to be orally pure has gone out the window...

:laughing-rolling: You can't make this stuff up.

I know! It's so extreme and unnecessary. Do they think they are better than other christians who ONLY are remaining virgins until marriage.

:laughing-rolling: You can't make this stuff up.

Apparently even she was disgusted by the handsex! But really, how can holding hands permanently damage your relationship and prevent you from "getting to know" someone correctly?

Archived