IGNORED

Jessa is Courting! All Things Duggar Family - Part 7

happy atheist

Just had to add this to, from People's magazine

So, in other words, dating does not lead to marriage, just sex? totally makes sense! I've been doing this whole dating thing wrong! I've been with my boyfriend for 5 1/2 years now but according to Dimbulb, we're suppose to court to determine if we're meant to marry. Silly me.

First of all, I think it is essential that a dating couple should have alone time. I can understand the parents not wanting them to be alone when they are under 18 ( though parents still shouldn't be too invasive if it involves minors ), but both Jessa and Ben are of the legal age, so I don't think they need to be chaperoned all the time. Second, couples don't always have sex the moment they are alone. Dating doesn't instantly mean the couple will have sex. Third, dating couples talk about marriage too, you know?

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TLC is showing repeats of 19 kids and counting today.

I forgot that Jill says something like "girls should not read romance novels, because it would stir a desire in their hearts."

Hmmm how could i have blocked that from my memory lol

TLC is showing repeats of 19 kids and counting today.

I forgot that Jill says something like "girls should not read romance novels, because it would stir a desire in their hearts."

Hmmm how could i have blocked that from my memory lol

So why doesn't raising kids for mommy stir desire in their hearts to have children?

Seems to me, from a legal point of view (I'm not a lawyer yet, awaiting bar results) it would make more sense for TLC to cut individual checks to all participants over the age of 18. The potential contract disputes that could arise otherwise are a headache to think about.

I always though reality show contestants were paid more for allowing producers to film major life events like weddings, toilet births and embryonic funerals. I mean can you imagine how messed up it would be if JBoob received more money from Anna's toilet birth than she did?

What I see as the more likely happening is the older adult children receive checks and those still living at home (so everyone but Josh and maybe JD) signs their checks over to their headship. Pretty messed up eh? Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the Boob took out a portion of their checks to keep for himself aka "tithing".

The more I learn about this family, the more I find myself signing deeply. My roommate thought I was depressed after watching me spend an afternoon on FJ. I'm not though, this forum was my only reprieve during the months of bar study.

Anywho, do folks know where we can find out more about the reality family pay structure? I'm off to Westlaw to check out Entertainment law lol

That article was hilarious. :lol:

The comments section is a little scary, though. Waaaay too many people in favor of courtship.

Second, couples don't always have sex the moment they are alone. Dating doesn't instantly mean the couple will have sex. Third, dating couples talk about marriage too, you know?

I wonder if Jim Bob realizes that most marriages come from dating situations. He has to know the majority of married people don't do the courting thing first, yet they get married.

Personally, I don't see any point to having values if they aren't allowed to be tested. Good job staying pure when you never once were allowed to be in a situation where it was a choice you had to make. Not that I give a rats ass about purity, but it drives me nuts to read a quote from Jessa (I think) saying it was possible to stay morally (orally, LMAO) pure before marriage. Hon, you aren't married or engaged yet. Don't start congratulating yourself on something you have yet to do.

Loins, Jill, they stir desire in our loins. :lol:

Just catching up and still giggling about the suggestion they call they firstborn Bob Jim....Bob Jim...brilliant, truly brilliant.

Bob Jim, Bless-chelle, Benben-Jim (inaccurately faux jewish), .....gonna go and get some lemonade now.... :lol:

So why doesn't raising kids for mommy stir desire in their hearts to have children?

Because it tends to do the opposite? :lol: Wasn't there a study that showed that oldest children who helped raise siblings are less likely to have kids of their own?

It could really be a red flag for the relationship if Ben is telling Jim Bob whatever he wants to hear in a desperate attempt to get to Jessa. If I understand it correctly, didn't Ben see Jessa on TV, and then from there, told his parents that he wanted to meet her? I guess someone in his family was able to arrange an introduction via the Duggar church, and then he told Jim Bob whatever he wanted to hear about pushing the ministry so that he can insinuate himself into Jessa's life. Jessa might like him now, but I wonder how much of it is telling her what he wants to hear until he marries her?

Sort of reminds me of how, in the first Karate Kid movie, where the blond bully (Johnny) wears nice suits to the country club and is telling his girlfriend's (Ali) parents whatever they want to hear, while behind the scenes he's beating up her friends (Daniel) and smashing her radio.

All of that is just idle speculation, but when you look at it that way, it makes you think...

I doubt it. Jim Bob might not be academically bright but he is media savvy. He will have checked Ben out in minute detail. Ben's family seems not quite fundie-lite, but not as fundie as the Duggars. There is o way he would have given Jessa permission to court if there was any doubt about Ben. I suspect the family links are deeper than we know. The probably have mutual friends too.

Seems to me, from a legal point of view (I'm not a lawyer yet, awaiting bar results) it would make more sense for TLC to cut individual checks to all participants over the age of 18. The potential contract disputes that could arise otherwise are a headache to think about.

I always though reality show contestants were paid more for allowing producers to film major life events like weddings, toilet births and embryonic funerals. I mean can you imagine how messed up it would be if JBoob received more money from Anna's toilet birth than she did?

What I see as the more likely happening is the older adult children receive checks and those still living at home (so everyone but Josh and maybe JD) signs their checks over to their headship. Pretty messed up eh? Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the Boob took out a portion of their checks to keep for himself aka "tithing".

The more I learn about this family, the more I find myself signing deeply. My roommate thought I was depressed after watching me spend an afternoon on FJ. I'm not though, this forum was my only reprieve during the months of bar study.

Anywho, do folks know where we can find out more about the reality family pay structure? I'm off to Westlaw to check out Entertainment law lol

Oh, dear lord. Where have you been? But welcome to the group that are horrified by this. Reality TV is not covered by Federal Child Labor laws. Check out Paul Petersen's "A Minor Consideration" for more details.

The Duggar franchise probably gets one check. Gawd only knows whether the "adult" Duggars get their own checks (although they should) and the under-age kiddies are so screwed.

Smuggar may have got his own check cut. "Leave and cleave" baby. Little Smuggar kiddo's birthing stories are unlikely to get a cut of the $$ of filming M's births or future filming -- because Smugs probably cut his own nasty deal.

CA, PA, NY, and perhaps a couple of other states have now caught up (in a very small sense) to Coogan Law look-alikes. Coogan is CA specific. For the rest -- kids on Reality TV are Meercats.

PA caught up -- well after the event -- to the fact that the Gosselin kids were actually working.

We are still battling Arkansas on the Duggar kids working. If a Coogan-type law should go into place in Arkansas -- why then the Duggar kids might be entitled to a 15% of the gross divided by 19 (or 18 less Smuggar) with $$ taken out for education and health needs if PA's amendment is a model.

Reality TV sucks. Kids filmed for Reality TV have no rights in most states.

Oh god. Whoever gives it to her, it will be all about doing her duty even when she doesn't feel like it and all that 'guys want sex, ladies want to talk talk talk' shit that Smugger heard. Oh how depressing. I wonder if the Duggar girls even look forward to sex or if they're just terrified. I just can't imagine how crazy it would be to go from not being able to do more than side hug in the presence of others, to intercourse in a day!!!

I was doing some reading on the virgin bride experience, and I found that a good number of the couples didn't have sex on their wedding night. In some cases it was months before they actually did. So some couples go from 0 to 10 on their wedding night, others fall into it slowly.

I just hope they avoid gross amounts of hand sex during their courtship.

Re: Benjessamin

Blessa Ben Jessa [so faux Jewish!]

OfBen

I absolutely LOVE Blessa Ben Jessa. OfBen made me spit out the pineapple I was eating. So many good choices!

Again, reiterating that Jessa does not have a phone; she's relying on Boob's and/or Mullet's phone to text with this guy. Sad that she can't even be trusted to have her own Iphone. I know JD has one from the Cozi article.

I took Michelle's statement to mean that Jessa and Ben are copying their parents on all their texts. So the "ping, ping, ping" would be Jessa and Michelle's and Jim Bobs phones all going off at the same time.

I was doing some reading on the virgin bride experience, and I found that a good number of the couples didn't have sex on their wedding night. In some cases it was months before they actually did. So some couples go from 0 to 10 on their wedding night, others fall into it slowly.

Pretty sure Anna and Priss devoured their menfolk on their wedding night. Hopefully this courtship/engagement is something that Jessa actually wants, rather than something she was forced or coerced into. I find it VERY interesting that there was no today show announcement. The timing of the pic/people article is the only pimping they had of the season. TLC hardly promoted it at all. So... what was the audience for the leak? US? The LGBT community? It seems the only people that really crawl the interwebz for Duggar Dirt is us and the other snark boards, not the fans, and most of us wont be watching.

The wedding date will be set before the end of this season and I assume that they will have the wedding around christmas to air around valentines day. Its the only way to guarantee a season in early spring.

Didn't Josh and Anna listen to some Christian sex advice CD on the night of their wedding? I wonder if they give them a vague idea of what is going to happen but wait till after the ceremony to give them all the real details.

Jessa is Engaged! The preview for the new season shows a ring on a girl's finger and Jill saying, "She's engaged." People magazine just announced the courtship, but I think wedding bells are already ringing!! :o

My guess is that's just what TLC is trying to make people think. I'm pretty sure they filmed Erin Bates' courtship/engagement and Jill in that clip is referring to that.

It could really be a red flag for the relationship if Ben is telling Jim Bob whatever he wants to hear in a desperate attempt to get to Jessa. If I understand it correctly, didn't Ben see Jessa on TV, and then from there, told his parents that he wanted to meet her? I guess someone in his family was able to arrange an introduction via the Duggar church, and then he told Jim Bob whatever he wanted to hear about pushing the ministry so that he can insinuate himself into Jessa's life. Jessa might like him now, but I wonder how much of it is telling her what he wants to hear until he marries her?

Sort of reminds me of how, in the first Karate Kid movie, where the blond bully (Johnny) wears nice suits to the country club and is telling his girlfriend's (Ali) parents whatever they want to hear, while behind the scenes he's beating up her friends (Daniel) and smashing her radio.

All of that is just idle speculation, but when you look at it that way, it makes you think...

Maybe he's a FJer in disguise and is just helping bust her outta there ;)

Archived