IGNORED

Jessa is Courting! All Things Duggar Family - Part 7

happy atheist

Wow, holier than Josh and Anna.

JB and Michelle didn't have sex until they were married. Josh and Anna didn't kiss until they were married. Now this. I like to imagine every Duggar courtship will be one level of purity higher than the next. 20 courtships later, they won't even be allowed to know each other's name before the wedding night.

ETA FWIW Christian side-hugging is sexier than hand-holding, anyway. Your bodies are touching, not just your hands.

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/09/jessa-duggar-jim-bob-michelle-mistakes-marriage-daughter-courting/

Just want to make sure that you all see this article. Ben is considering being a pastor.

I can see a real church of Duggar starting(as oppose to the home/warehouse church)! Sadly I'm sure there will be a lot of people who would come out to hear a Duggar SIL in preach.

I can see a real church of Duggar starting(as oppose to the home/warehouse church)! Sadly I'm sure there will be a lot of people who would come out to hear a Duggar SIL in preach.

I'm sure JB is aware of the $$$ he could make from an actual Church of Duggar. :think:

I think that may be the key. Tell Jim Bob about ministerial ambitions and then let them fall by the wayside after the wedding.

The trust accounts will likely be gone before the children are grown up. The money in the trust is to be spent on the children. But, that can include tuition, housing, food, nannies, doctors exc. The childrens work is still funding their parents lifestyle. Its just behind a smoke screen.

Sadly, all too true.

When Michelle and I were dating we took things father than we should have and we regret that.

Maybe why he was in such a hurry to marry her at 17? Afraid he knocked her up.

Apparently even she was disgusted by the handsex! But really, how can holding hands permanently damage your relationship and prevent you from "getting to know" someone correctly?

I wonder if this quote was to infer just the courtship portion, since that's the topic at hand (pun totally intended).

I thought I read somewhere (the People article?) that they would reassess things when they became engaged, but hey, I've been wrong before.

As for Ben being a pastor, I am of a mind that he's feeding Boob the BS that he wants to hear; after all, this kid has been under the tutelage (although not directly that was have ascertained) of Dougie the Tool. The kid is well-versed in fundie-speak, and even if the family is fundie-lite, they still know when/how to turn on full fundie-mode when necessary.

Random question, has there ever been an incident of fundies calling off an engagement? I know courtships don't always work out.

Elizabeth Munck called off her engagement to Joseph Maxwell only a few days before the wedding was supposed to have taken place. I know there have been others (did that other Maxwell brother, the one married to Anna Marie, have a broken engagement or was it just a broken courtship?)

Random question, has there ever been an incident of fundies calling off an engagement? I know courtships don't always work out.

Joeseph Maxwell was engaged when Liz Munck called everything off only a couple of days before the wedding, if I recall correctly.

I think the Seewalds are more educated than the Duggars. Also I note that Ben and Jessica Seewald speak without an accent. I wonder if they are from the area. My guess is the parents are well educated and hail from the North.

I definitely noticed an accent with Ben, but not so so much his sister. He sounds like a guy I used to date who came from a well heeled little rock family. He may not sound like a Duggar, but he's still got an accent.

“We hope they save they physical for when they are married. When Michelle and I were dating we took things father than we should have and we regret that. We hope they hold off on any physical aspect until they’re married and that they focus on their spiritual relationship.â€

have they ever gone into more detail about this? i am curious to know if it was more than kissing...

I wonder if they time it... 30 seconds or less.

No doubt JimBob hums the Final Jeopardy music to time the side-hugs, while smirking because his kids don't know where he learned that tune.

0Wi8Fv0AJA4

The trust accounts will likely be gone before the children are grown up. The money in the trust is to be spent on the children. But, that can include tuition, housing, food, nannies, doctors exc. The childrens work is still funding their parents lifestyle. Its just behind a smoke screen.

The Duggar children are also funding their parents life style. Partially through being on the show and partially through raising their siblings.

It's still funding Kate's lifestyle. Jon has a job and lives a "normal" life and has for several years now.

I think the Seewalds are more educated than the Duggars. Also I note that Ben and Jessica Seewald speak without an accent. I wonder if they are from the area. My guess is the parents are well educated and hail from the North.

The parents are 39, married at 19, with an 18 year old son. Not a lot of time there to get a college education. I believe Pa Seewald has a construction business, one of the favorite self-employment vehicles of fundies/fundie-lites all over the South (pretty much everywhere else, other than the Bible Belt and parts of the Heartland, they get undercut by Hispanic builders).

The parents are 39, married at 19, with an 18 year old son. Not a lot of time there to get a college education. I believe Pa Seewald has a construction business, one of the favorite self-employment vehicles of fundies/fundie-lites all over the South (pretty much everywhere else, other than the Bible Belt and parts of the Heartland, they get undercut by Hispanic builders).

I don't know about this family, but you really can't assume about whether someone is college educated or not based on the age they had children. Many people have children young and still attend college.

That's interesting that someone didn't hear an accent, I thought the girl in the videos accent was very noticeable, but I'm not from the area.

I'll go ahead and throw Ben'J into the nickname mix. ;)

I think Jim Bob will probably "magnanimously" present Ben with a check at the wedding, or immediately after. I don't think Jim Bob will do any of the following: give the check directly to Jessa (can't be treating her like she has actual worth as a human being, after all), allow full control of all Jessa's money from TLC to be transferred directly to Jessa, or turn control of it over to Ben for their joint future a couple. I think Jim Bob will intermittently disperse funds as he sees fit, or he will allow them the use of properties and other resources that are in Jim Bob's name, depending on how well Ben and Jessa "behave" and go along with the program.

I don't think Jim Bob will let them suffer in a public fashion, but I believe that because of his need to keep control over the new couple for the enduring good of the Duggar brand, they won't get anything that should legally belong to Jessa unless they do things Jim Bob's way.

Ben is young, but he strikes me as hardworking and appears to want what's best for Jessa. If they hope to ever have any real chance at happiness after they wed, at least with regard to living life on their own terms as a couple, then they need to immediately untangle themselves as quickly as possibe from Jim Bob's purse strings.

Ben-je, pronounced like the lovable canine film star is PERFECT

BTW this has been making the rounds. Can you spot Jim Bob?

tumblr_mt4sb30fPV1r8mb1io1_1280.jpg

Bottom row, cowboy boots, holding the sign?

Archived