IGNORED

Where to find a mindless bride:

Koala

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2013/09/desperately-wanting-to-get-marry.html

He is getting older and wants to be married. He has asked men for their opinions on how to find a wife. One man responded, "Do not accept a woman who gets angry and/or likes to argue. To marry such a woman is slow suicide by fidelity."

Another man responded to this comment by saying, "So basically the America's {women} are out." Another one, "If one's basic needs are met, it should be simple to be content. If she gets angry about stuff beyond that, will she ever be happy?"

This is amazing advice! Scripture warns how terrible it is to be married to an argumentative wife yet so many of us are argumentative! We want it our way and we want it now. It is a fairly pervasive quality trait in women today. No wonder so many men are afraid of getting married.

We must not argue. We must not complain. We must accept our husbands the way that they are and live in peace. Paul admonishes us to "Be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace shall be with you." {II Corinthians 13:11}

So if there are any young men out there looking for a wife, look for a woman who doesn't argue. Living a life of peace is a beautiful blessing and a wonderful way to live.

Blah, blah, blah...same song, different day :violin:

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2013/09/desperately-wanting-to-get-marry.html

Blah, blah, blah...same song, different day :violin:

So what is wrong with this man that he is having a hard time finding a woman who would find him attractive/marriageable?

Well, both my grandmother and mother would disagree with that.

Mine too. My grandmother was a spitfire and these jackasses that Lori is quoting would have been scared to go to sleep with her in the house if they spoke to her in such a way.

Well, both my grandmother and mother would disagree with that.

My grandmothers and great grandmothers would also argue with that one. I suspect they will need to go to Fantasy Island to find this (and remember all the fantasies had sinister twists...)

So what is wrong with this man that he is having a hard time finding a woman who would find him attractive/marriageable?

No one measures up to the blow up doll he currently uses I guess :whistle:

There's a town in Connecticut within easy commuting distance of NYC that can help. After they are done fixing up your wife or girlfriend, you won't have to put in the effort it takes to maintain a relationship with a woman who has thoughts and feelings of her own. Also, if her body is not perfect, they can fix that too! Just look up the Men's Association of Stepford, Connecticut.

You'll be glad you did! :wink-kitty:

And here I was hoping Lori would today address how her idols the Pearls are in major national and international news outlets this week for their books being associated with child deaths.

There's a town in Connecticut within easy commuting distance of NYC that can help. After they are done fixing up your wife or girlfriend, you won't have to put in the effort it takes to maintain a relationship with a woman who has thoughts and feelings of her own. Also, if her body is not perfect, they can fix that too! Just look up the Men's Association of Stepford, Connecticut.

You'll be glad you did! :wink-kitty:

Ohhh, I forgot about Stepford. The perfect "solution."

If a couple never fights there is no make up sex, I'm sure men would miss out on this. Plus who wants to bet there was more to these guy's advice then the snippets she is presenting. I mean after all it is unnatural not to fight with someone you live with once in a while. Suppression has to find an outlet somehow.

Step 1: Go to bridal store.

Step 2: Marry one of the mannequins.

There you go, a bride who never argues or disagrees with you. AND you don't have to feed her.

Lori is stupid. Women in our grandmothers generation were thrilled when birth control came out, and were very happy and proud to see their daughters go to college and be independent. And then guess what, you can be married and have kids and even be a christian at the same time if you want.

Is there a Bizarro blog world where fundie men endlessly write about how terrible their gender is? How no man should ever have a temper (or opinion) as long as he's fed and clothed? How difficult it is for women to find a decent husband who isn't a total asshole dictator at the same time he's also a whiny demanding momma's boy?

No?

Well, then shut up, Lori.

There is no time period in history and no country in the world where women don't "get angry," because anger is a universal human emotion.

And if you never argue, there is something wrong with your relationship. It's called conflict avoidance and it turns any kind of home life into a hellish atmosphere in which people are afraid even to talk to each other.

I don't think this is a matter of going back a few generations or getting women from another country. Men's attitudes to marriage might have changed after feminism, but I think most men in history would have still wanted to be married to a human being and not a mindless robot. Feminism vs anti-feminism does not go far enough: these men are personality disordered, and want a woman who will put up with that, because "normal" women won't.

Put these men in a time machine or grant them citizenship to a "traditional" country and I bet you they'd still wind up with the exact same problems with women. The only difference is that they might find it legally easier to terrify the woman into staying with them, but that's not exactly a happily ever after situation for anyone.

Put these men in a time machine or grant them citizenship to a "traditional" country and I bet you they'd still wind up with the exact same problems with women. The only difference is that they might find it legally easier to terrify the woman into staying with them, but that's not exactly a happily ever after situation for anyone.

Bull's eye!

My grandmothers and great grandmothers would also argue with that one. I suspect they will need to go to Fantasy Island to find this (and remember all the fantasies had sinister twists...)

I don't think very many grandmothers would appreciate that comment.

"Slow suicide by fidelity" - I wonder if this is how Lori feels about living with Ken?? (Despite a terrible context, it's a great turn of phrase.)

Archived