IGNORED

Michelle Duggar has an anger problem

flyawaystray

The thing that drives me nuts is the passive wording.

Years ago The Lord really broke my heart about my anxiousness and my anger. I think we all struggle with that. The feelings of frustration and anger building up and how do we deal with that?

“God is really convicting me about my anger problem and my heart of not showing you God’s kind of love during these times and moments of my mommying you. Would you please forgive me?â€

She's not changing her behavior because she want to changer her behavior, she's changing it because God told her to.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm going to be all cynical and shifty eyed here.

I wonder what made her release this? Beating someone to the punch?

Also: half of her comments are near identical to those Boob made in their first book.

This isn't new. This whole story is in the Love That Multiplies book.

As to why? These new 'video blog' q&a sessions are supposedly from viewer questions. (I have no idea where they got the viewer questions.) Lots and Lots of conservative christian women are impressed with Michelle's ability to 'be calm and patient' and 'never yell' etc. So I'm guessing that some woman asked how she 'stays calm and patient, doesn't yell' etc. and that's why she shared the exact same story she shares in the book.

The thing that drives me nuts is the passive wording.

She's not changing her behavior because she want to changer her behavior, she's changing it because God told her to.

Michelle never seems to experience regret in the interest of becoming a better person. In the first book she and Jim Bob wrote, she gets caught stealing money from a woman's purse while she's at the pool. She said she didn't need the money, she just enjoyed the theft and found it exhilirating. When she got caught, her immediate reaction was to wonder if her reputation would be ruined if everyone at school found out. She never wrote anything about feeling bad for committing a crime and taking money from a person who may have really needed it.

I'm highly anxious and have an anger problem (which is turned inwardly about 99% of the time). I'm still just planning for the one kid. I can't even begin to imagine what kind of a hot mess I would be even with 3-5. Or if I also believed that I was SINFUL to have these problems.

Michelle never seems to experience regret in the interest of becoming a better person. In the first book she and Jim Bob wrote, she gets caught stealing money from a woman's purse while she's at the pool. She said she didn't need the money, she just enjoyed the theft and found it exhilirating. When she got caught, her immediate reaction was to wonder if her reputation would be ruined if everyone at school found out. She never wrote anything about feeling bad for committing a crime and taking money from a person who may have really needed it.

I think having regret for doing bad things because they are bad, not because other people wouldnt like her because of it requires a concience, which is something obviously Michelle doesnt have.

Most of her life is her trying to have a perfect reputation and fame that comes with it. She loved the role of the perfect Quiverfull fundie mom who everyone looks up to. She loves having a TV show and having all eyes focused on her.

She doesnt care about anyone else but the fame. She doesnt care that in her quest to be the perfect fundie, she is affecting the lives of others. This is the woman who was smiling maniacally when her child fell and was injured. Who exploited her fragile micropreemie daughter for pro life propaganda. Who completely crushed Jana's spirit by making her give away one of her few possessions as a small child, and crushed Jinger's dreams for going to live in the city and covered it up by saying she just wanted to live near Walmart. She does not give a shit about what those kids want, they are just props. She stole her daughters childhoods by making them take on too much responsibility too soon by caring for the children she had because she is addicted to the fame that comes from having all those kids and having new babies.

Even if she wasnt fundie, I still think she wouldnt be a good person. Maybe better than she is now, because she wouldnt be affecting so many lives with her selfishness and hunger for fame, but still not good.

I've seen her make downright faces, like, when they had they wedding renewal, and she fixed their cake and almost dropped the little decoration she put on the top. I was like, holy shite.

I've been cranky recently because of the constant pain I had to endure. I was in discomfort and therefore, not very happy...

But all that noise and nonsense all the time, I think if she wasn't medicated, she would be ape***t crazy.

The secrets started pouring out. drop by drop though. Our Michelle has anger issues - s'prize, s'prize.

Exactly. What mother of a THREE-year-old goes around saying her mommy years are almost over?

Wow, she actually said that?!

My "mommy" years will be over when my youngest is "too big" to run to me for a hug when he gets scared. But for crying out loud, even when he can look over the top of my head, I'll still be his mom!

I wonder if she's ever freaked out on Anna. Anna seems to get the most stink eye on TV.

I can imagine her freaking out on Anna as soon as the cameras are off and the crew has left for the day.

Hell, 3 kids 3 and under is no picnic, either. I feel like the world's worst mother because there are about 2 years of my middle 2 kids lives that are documented with next to no pictures whatsoever. Living in survival mode sucks! Which is why, unlike the Duggars, we were smart and waited for 4 years before we decided to fill our quiver with any more blessings.

We had three in less than three years, too, and I echo this. There are actual blanks in my memories of these years -- I was so incredibly sleep deprived. Our third was our last, though.

Ack!

On topic of Michelle and anger problems. There was a poster on twop about a year or two ago, who said something about a former neighbor of the Duggars telling people that Michelle used to yell at the kids quite a bit years ago. I've always kind of suspected that Michelle isn't as sweet as she makes herself out to be.

I agree with a few people about a crew member doing a tell all or something similar. I think it might be years from now. The Duggars have talked about the crew loves them and some crew members like them. Jim the sound guy seems fundie lite and there is another guy whose name I can't remember who praised the Duggars in a article or blog. I think it's the same crew member who has an IG account and that Josh tags in pictures. I think a few people on that crew probably don't like the Duggars and they throw the Duggars under the bus at times. There have been cameras shots of the some of the younger kids sleeping on the floor and I remember when Jordyn was 2 IIRC, she was filmed struggling to get herself onto the bus while none of the J'Slaves or Mullet were watching.

Is this a surprise to any of us?

That, exactly.

For the tell all book which we all know is coming someday, I am betting on someone from the film crew ghostwriting something from one of the kids.

I think a few people on that crew probably don't like the Duggars and they throw the Duggars under the bus at times. There have been cameras shots of the some of the younger kids sleeping on the floor and I remember when Jordyn was 2 IIRC, she was filmed struggling to get herself onto the bus while none of the J'Slaves or Mullet were watching.

I agree that some of the film crew don't like them and quietly get camera shot that really put the family in a bad light. Yet it makes it through the editing. Jim Bob and the editors don't seem to catch this stuff. Or they do and shrug it off as "reality" not realizing what's behind it (meaning the film crew).

I bet the crew had a field day on the Asia trip.

I do like that they throw them under the bus increasingly, but I can't imagine a crew member writing a tell all. Surely they had to sign non-disclosure agreements?

Sometimes, I wonder what it's like to be a cameraman for the Duggars. I bet Honey Boo Boo's family is more fun, although those girls don't have any respect for boundaries and run amok most of the time.

On topic of Michelle and anger problems. There was a poster on twop about a year or two ago, who said something about a former neighbor of the Duggars telling people that Michelle used to yell at the kids quite a bit years ago. I've always kind of suspected that Michelle isn't as sweet as she makes herself out to be.

I agree with a few people about a crew member doing a tell all or something similar. I think it might be years from now. The Duggars have talked about the crew loves them and some crew members like them. Jim the sound guy seems fundie lite and there is another guy whose name I can't remember who praised the Duggars in a article or blog. I think it's the same crew member who has an IG account and that Josh tags in pictures. I think a few people on that crew probably don't like the Duggars and they throw the Duggars under the bus at times. There have been cameras shots of the some of the younger kids sleeping on the floor and I remember when Jordyn was 2 IIRC, she was filmed struggling to get herself onto the bus while none of the J'Slaves or Mullet were watching.

This breaks my heart. Michelle is always saying children are a blessing, I wish she would treat them like a blessing!I wonder how the younger ones will develop emotionally. I have heard of children in eastern European orphanages that have emotional disability's because they were neglected. I wonder if the littlest Duggar blessings may develop a slight emotional disability.

I think if they dont, it will be a miracle. I really worry about Jordyn, she looks so sad and neglected and it seems like nobody cares about her.

Sometimes, I wonder what it's like to be a cameraman for the Duggars. I bet Honey Boo Boo's family is more fun, although those girls don't have any respect for boundaries and run amok most of the time.

I also wonder about how it feels for the crew in general to deal with the Duggars. As I mentioned before, Jim the sound guy seems fundie lite and I think he likes the family. But I bet the Duggars probably piss off some of the crew members with some of their beliefs and attitudes regarding women, education, and children. I can picture a crew member laughing at the Duggars' involvement with CollegeMinus when the Duggars aren't around or looking.

I agree that some of the film crew don't like them and quietly get camera shot that really put the family in a bad light. Yet it makes it through the editing. Jim Bob and the editors don't seem to catch this stuff. Or they do and shrug it off as "reality" not realizing what's behind it (meaning the film crew).

I bet the crew had a field day on the Asia trip.

I kind of think the editors might not like the Duggars. I think there is probably footage of the Duggars fighting or acting worse than has been aired, but Sean Overbeek seems to be one who pushes the "always happy" image of the Duggars. I was a bit surprised in that episode where Jana talked about how having issues in the past with Jessa or Jinger. I was surprised that something like that ended up on the show. I suspect that there are deeper issues among the Duggar kids than we know.

I kind of think the editors might not like the Duggars. I think there is probably footage of the Duggars fighting or acting worse than has been aired, but Sean Overbeek seems to be one who pushes the "always happy" image of the Duggars. I was a bit surprised in that episode where Jana talked about how having issues in the past with Jessa or Jinger. I was surprised that something like that ended up on the show. I suspect that there are deeper issues among the Duggar kids than we know.

Re: the bolded, I totally believe that. I suspect there's a lot of resentments festering amongst those kids, between the older girls who are slaves in their own home and no prospect of getting out soon and the younger kids who are, in a sense, orphaned because they have uninvolved parents.

Edited to fix quotes

Do you really believe all of these children actually like each other or would spend almost 100 percent of their time together if they were given the choice. Siblings usually love one another but often aren't best friends.

I think that certain can of beens is already swinging slowly from side to side... I'll have my tortillas and the seasoning ready once they're spilled and eat, no, snort them up. *eager*

RE: lizzie's mom: no. There was an ep where they ate green breakfast and half the episode was about their green bowel movement that day, they kept blaming each other for the mess in the boy's toilet and they looked upset with each other.

Archived